Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a significant story behind that stepped out for a moment. I think he said went downstairs for a moment. To get what?
The whole stepped out for a moment story is a lie. That didn't happen. He said it in order to make Shanann the villain. But the fact that he said 'for a moment' is telling. It took only a very short time for him to successfully strangle the little girls. IMO

I did not see this, but FYI in a video taken and posted by SW on FB earlier this year during a terrible wind storm, she mentions that trash pick up on her street is around 3 to 4 pm.
So... Maybe he was hoping to be finished by the time the garbage was picked up, and the late flight interfered with his plan to get rid of any evidence?

If only he had called 911 and we were looking at a crime scene where all the bodies were there and he was making his claims....then I might be weighing all possibilities more.
Exactly. It’s the postoffense behavior that really hurts his case. I’d be incredibly skeptical regardless, but NO ONE behaves like he behaved following the murders.

The VI thought that response was due to if his AP was watching and not wanting her to know.

Strong possibility.

I think that is also the motive behind him shutting down his FB. He was on his way to meet up with his pregnant wife and family in NC, and didn't want anyone to see any photos or clues, imo.

The whole stepped out for a moment story is a lie. That didn't happen. He said it in order to make Shanann the villain. But the fact that he said 'for a moment' is telling. It took only a very short time for him to successfully strangle the little girls. IMO
Right, he had no choice but to say he left the room. The reason why doesnt matter. Jmo

I've always thought he might have seen a vehicle spraying dust, and coming along that road, which is why he got rid of SW in such a faulty manner. It could have been past 7 by that time. It also could have been the reason that some co-worker may have remembered seeing him.
Could be. I think it took him well beyond 7am though. I think he could easily have spent an hour and 1/2 just digging. I'm also going with the theory that he disposed of all four of them at the same time.

So... Maybe he was hoping to be finished by the time the garbage was picked up, and the late flight interfered with his plan to get rid of any evidence?
Well, if garbage pick up is on Tuesday and not on Monday, then that would be a big risk on his part for no one to have reported her missing by Tuesday. Plus, sometimes garbage can be found and recovered. Most people would take incriminating evidence far away or burn it, IMO.

The (damning) facts have led us to that conclusion. We’d have to ignore the facts in order to reach the conclusion that he wasn’t responsible.

The people using the phrase “confirmation bias” in order to dispute the evidence of his guilt, are ironically the perpetrators of this “confirmation bias.”

RBBM
Just to be clear, some of us who are not fully convinced that CW is responsible are not ignoring facts. We don't have the facts to determine who is responsible for the deaths of the girls.

I wonder how much that plays a role. Could it be similar to what Scott Peterson's goal was, to start over with someone else? We haven't heard much about that relationship so I guess it's too soon to know. But the assumption that he would be conscious of what she would think leads one to wonder.... jmo
This is exactly what I thought and posted yesterday. Possibly they had plans to be together. AP might have thought they were already separated. He could have been seeing the AP for months or years maybe less we just don’t know.

LE is already being accused of leaking info so everything they know is being kept close to the vest

I’d bet everything I have that a positive-minded, 34 year-old pregnant woman who loves her kids, is not feeling well, and is probably exhausted at 1:48am from traveling, does not have ‘kill my children’ on her list when she walks through the door.
I doubt she has "start an emotional conversation with my husband" on her list, either. Pregnant and tired, she'd have "straight to bed" on her mind, but she'd look into baby monitors on floor 1. This is where he killed her I think.

If only he had called 911 and we were looking at a crime scene where all the bodies were there and he was making his claims....then I might be weighing all possibilities more.

I agree. If he had immediately called 911 for help with the babies, and left the evidence there for the forensics teams, the facts would have clarified the situation.

But everything he did in response destroyed all of the forensics. That sounds like someone wanting to erase the evidence, which makes me very suspicious of his story now.

RBBM
Just to be clear, some of us that are not fully convinced that CW is responsible are not ignoring facts. We don't have the facts to determine who is responsible for the deaths of the girls.
It’s one thing to be undecided. It’s another thing to lean towards him being innocent. I wasn’t directing my comment towards anyone in particular, just the sentiment in general.

Exactly. It’s the postoffense behavior that really hurts his case. I’d be incredibly skeptical regardless, but NO ONE behaves like he behaved following the murders.
Except those that have little regard or respect for human life. Or are devoid of emotion and empathy. Or don't feel guilt. Or feel their behavior is justified. Or all of those things. Imo

RBBM
Just to be clear, some of us that are not fully convinced that CW is responsible are not ignoring facts. We don't have the facts to determine who is responsible for the deaths of the girls.
I respectfully disagree. If no more evidence came to light pointing in either direction, I believe a jury could convict based on what we know in the public domain. I believe people have been found guilty on less evidence (circumstantial). Scott Peterson was convicted based on mostly circumstantial evidence such as this with very little to no physical evidence (hair on pliers).

Except those that have little regard or respect for human life. Or are devoid of emotion and empathy. Or don't feel guilt. Or feel their behavior is justified. Or all of those things. Imo
Yes. The things we saw in the postoffense behavior are the exact same things we’d expect to see in the killer. They fit perfectly.

RBBM
What facts do you need, though? What facts do you have that SW killed the children?
Are you ready to believe a man who stood in front of the world and lied and lied, then lied to LE and now he is telling the truth?

It’s one thing to be undecided. It’s another thing to lean towards him being innocent. I wasn’t directing my comment towards anyone in particular, just the sentiment in general.

I get what you are saying. However, we don't have enough facts to determine if he's innocent of killing the girls or not. I don't know how anyone can say we do. A jury couldn't convict him with what little we know regarding the 2 girls. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member