Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it is on FB does not make it fact.
No, but if it’s fair game to speculate what something on FB indicates about the poster and we’re allowed to criticize a victim here because of what a proven liar has said about them, then I think it’s fair if we choose to assume whatever a dead victim posts on facebook directly is the truth.

AB pulled the roommate back in at the end to ask about his demeanor in the porch interview. Roomie said the rocking and crossed arms didn’t seem odd because he was always shy but the laugh was “creepy”.

No, but if it’s fair game to speculate what something on FB indicates about the poster and we’re allowed to criticize a victim here because of what a proven liar has said about them, then I think it’s fair if we choose to assume whatever a dead victim posts on facebook directly is the truth.

Could not agree more. I believe Shanann.

I’ll try to answer:

When LE find dead bodies, they can often take clues from the body as to who the killer might be. For example, if a body is found buried with a blanket nicely wrapped around them, that might be a clue that person who put them there had some kind of love (“love”) for them.

A body found half naked in a dumpster bin is more likely to have been killed by a stranger with no connection to the victim.

A very simplified explanation, but what I’m trying to say is disposal of the bodies can somewhat be seen as an indication of how the killer who put them there felt about them.

We bury or otherwise treat our loved ones with care and respect when they die. We hold a funeral, we choose a casket or an urn, we pick flowers, their clothes, items for them to be buried with. We might say prayers. In our society, human remains are treated with respect. We don’t just take them to the local refuse station and dump them in and say “oh well, they’re dead anyway”.

If he had buried them with their blankies, it might have shown he had some care and love still left in him despite what he did. Instead, he dumped them in vats of oil. It’s dirty and gross and almost impossible to wash off.

It comes of as very offensive to most of us who consider that human remains should be treated with respect.

For me, it says concealment was his number one goal.
Really good point about LE taking clues from how the bodies are placed!

Every time she posted what a great husband Chris was, while calling him a loser and knowing that he was having sex with other people.

Claiming Thrive allowed her to spend more time with her kids than her real job did.

We don’t know what she knew.

Most people wouldn’t post the breakdown of their marriage in progress on Facebook. It’s also not unreasonable to think she might have wanted to save her marriage. When people marry, usually they do so with the intention of it being “forever”, through good and bad, sickness and health. It doesn’t always work out that way, but generally that’s the hope!

She liked her Thrive job because she could stay at home with the kids, was always available to take them to school, appointments etc .. not really sure what you mean by that.

I never heard her call him a loser.

We don’t know what she knew.

Most people wouldn’t post the breakdown of their marriage in progress on Facebook. It’s also not unreasonable to think she might have wanted to save her marriage. When people marry, usually they do so with the intention of it being “forever”, through good and bad, sickness and health. It doesn’t always work out that way, but generally that’s the hope!

She liked her Thrive job because she could stay at home with the kids, was always available to take them to school, appointments etc .. not really sure what you mean by that.

I never heard her call him a loser.
And she's pregnant. Maybe SW wanted to save her marriage because she had two toddlers and a son on the way. When you're pregnant you feel so vulnerable and if I were in SW's situation I would probably leave no stone unturned to try to work things out for the sake of my children. It would break my heart to find out my husband was cheating BUT I could deal with it for the sake of my children. In fact I would do ANYTHING for my children because as a mom its my job to protect them and give them the benefit of a loving two parent family if possible. Its easier to leave a marriage when you don't have kids.

Last edited:
Rsbm

Claiming Thrive allowed her to spend more time with her kids than her real job did.

The whole purpose behind working with a company like that is because you set your own hours; as I understand it this type of business DID allow her to spend more time with her kids as opposed to going to a job somewhere else where she couldn’t work from home.

What does this have to do with her and her children being murdered?

Last edited:
I'm coming at it with the thought she knew. Our VI said he told her several times he wanted to be separated, mom's friend said separation was a done deal and SW told NUA he had been distant and uncaring about the girls.

To me, this would make her suspicious there was someone else and she would start to dig into his SM, financial records etc... and find out

You could be totally right but I'm still undecided.
Who is "mom's friend" and where is that info? I must have missed that.
Did the VI witness CW tell SW he wanted a separation or did he/she only hear the info from CW?
Did SW ever mention separation specifically to anyone? (I know what she told NUA)

Exactly. If you couple the fact that social media is in general not an accurate depiction of reality, with the fact that her livelihood was contingent upon painting a certain picture, then you don’t have much to work with.
Re the bit in bold, further to your point I have seen the super-positive post templates and campaign outlines various MLM companies give their promoters to push on social media, and Shanann's posts very much are in that mould. Less real life, more a marketing campaign, which they would be reluctant to deviate from for fear of hurting their 'brand'.
(An old friend of mine started pushing another MLM company heavily on FB a few years back and targeting me with PMs to sell the stuff too. I was baffled and curious enough to look into the whole industry. I went down a very strange research rabbit hole...)

Re the bit in bold, further to your point I have seen the super-positive post templates and campaign outlines various MLM companies give their promoters to push on social media, and Shanann's posts very much are in that mould. Less real life, more a marketing campaign, which they would be reluctant to deviate from for fear of hurting their 'brand'.
(An old friend of mine started pushing another MLM company heavily on FB a few years back and targeting me with PMs to sell the stuff too. I was baffled and curious enough to look into the whole industry. I went down a very strange research rabbit hole...)
John Oliver had a great segment on these MLM’s a couple years ago. You can find the episode on YouTube. It’s very eye opening.

When thinking of a potential pre-planning thought process that CW might have had, I can't help but wonder what that might've looked like.

I've put together a list of my thoughts, and as we do not yet know if it was premeditated, this is completely my own speculation:
  • The seemingly rigorously planned life that SW managed 24/7 would have made CW's options very limited when pre-selecting a day to commit the crime. Her (and his) schedule was something that CW was going to have to maneuver around when thinking of an ideal time.
  • SW was untouchable in NC during those 6 weeks. She was surrounded by family and friends. Too many of "her people" would be asking about them had she and the girls gone missing in NC.
  • We know returning to CO from NC was a quick turnaround time for SW before she had to jet off to AZ for her work trip. In CW’s mind, this would not be an ideal time either; SW would soon be expected at yet another major work event. Too much to deal with, fending off calls and texts from work colleagues wondering why she never showed up In AZ.
  • While SW was in AZ: she was again untouchable during this time. However, the girls were invited to a birthday party as confirmed by a family friend in a MSM interview, which the girls both attended while SW was away. If the girls were also on CW’s radar, then “after the birthday party” had to have played into the timing as well, when thinking of an opportune date.
  • SW was originally expected to return from her AZ trip late night, on Sunday 8/12. As for SW’s doc appointment that was slated for that next day, I suspect CW either didn’t know about it, or had forgotten about it. With how many doctor’s appointments the family as a whole on an ongoing basis, it wouldn’t surprise me to know he didn't remember it, or neglected to consider it.
  • Looking ahead, we know there was going to be a gender reveal party for SW held later that next Saturday, as confirmed by her friend in an MSM interview. This would have been a monumental social event, and one that CW wouldn't be able to fake his way through, IMO.
  • Also, BW was to start kindergarten that next Monday, according to CW in one of his porch interviews. CW wouldn’t want to deal with teachers and other school officials becoming involved in the girls whereabouts.
  • The combination of SW/CW’s meticulous schedule, the looming social events and school, and CW’s goal of wanting to reduce the number of people involved in her and the girls’ search, would lead me to believe that he may have had a clear window of opportunity in his mind, which would be from the moment SW stepped in the door from her work trip, up until the evening before the gender reveal party.
  • Why Sunday night/early Monday morning? Once CW had narrowed it down to that one week, I speculate he wanted it all wrapped up that Sunday night due to starting his new work week. He'd have enough on his plate, between working full time, and continue to clean up his tracks after hours. It was imperative that the bulk of everything had to be completed before the end of the weekend in which SW arrived back home. That, coupled with the growing frustration and anger of knowing he has mentally committed to completing these acts added to the urgency; the sooner he did it, the better. The sooner he could start moving on, selling the house, etc.
JMO.
it doesn't make sense to me that she wouldn't have told him about the dr appointment had she lived long enough.

The whole purpose behind working with a company like that is because you set your own hours; as I understand type of business did allow her to spend more time with her kids as opposed to going to a job somewhere else where she couldn’t work from home.

What does this have to do with her and her children being murdered?
From what I understand the poster you're quoting alleges that SW was not entirely truthful on SM about her marriage and job. IMO we ALL tend to promote the positive aspects of our lives, not the negative, especially when building a brand to help bring in money to take care of the kids.

John Oliver had a great segment on these MLM’s a couple years ago. You can find the episode on YouTube. It’s very eye opening.
I saw the JO segment! There is a podcast devoted to the weird world of MLMs launching soon that I can't wait for. I have been fascinated by them for years now. Sorry, all off topic, I know. As you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt