Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also played with the theory, whilst not completely 'catatonic' (I'm not a psychologist and but can't come up with a better metaphor), events happened which were not controllable out of his normal mental state.
Whilst he maintains, when presented evidence, he 'only' committed one (technically two) acts of death by strangulation, is it implausible that he simply doesn't remember the complete horrific acts to his daughters at the time, or of his wife and baby boy? He simply switched off?
Is there a 'revelation' moment when all of a sudden you realise you are the perpetrator of these horrfic acts against your own family?
Could you lie so well because that's what you believe yourself?
If so, the moment of truth would hit you like a brick to understand the enormity of your actions, at some point.

Rambling, just a thought....
Not necessarily my final theory but a thought in my head. Late, tired and foggy. Zzzzzz

Anything is possible, but to be honest, it’s highly unlikely. I discussed this over on Mollie’s thread (because he is actually trying to use the “I blocked it out” defense). While people do have amnesiac or dissociative episodes, I don’t think that is the case here. He’s giving a detailed description of what he says happened. If he said, I don’t remember what happened, it would make more sense than him fabricating (IMO) a memory. Our memories are fallible but it’s not likely you’d get such a big thing like who killed who wrong.

[
Went back to the affidavit and is ambiguous about the cell phone as to who actually located it whether it was LE, NU or CW because it doesn't state in the affidavit who actually found it just that it was located in that area described as loft area couch between two cushions. It also states in affidavit that Det Baumhover, the officer who arrived at 2:35 pm after Officer Coonrod had arrived 55 minutes earlier. It states that SW cell phone was in the loft area and that Det Baumhover learned LATER that the cell phone was found between two cushions on loft sofa. So I assume whomever found SW's cell phone if it wasn't Officer Coonrod, alerted the officer and then the cell phone was placed somewhere in the loft area for further inspection. When Det Baumhover arrived he was briefed at some point about the cell phone's location but I get the impression based on the affidavit that Det Baumhover did not learn of the cell phone's discovery location until LATER. How much later? Maybe means nothing but it is curious as to who found SW's cell phone presumably NU, CW and LE were looking through the home all at the same time. Further, why did the detective find out LATER where the cell phone was discovered?

https://mediaassets.thedenverchannel.com/document/2018/08/20/arrest affidavit chris watts_95256653_ver1.0.pdf?_ga=2.259550466.968662190.1537323071-1351606201.1534867774
It is very apparent that SW had her phone glued to her a lot , although in the last few weeks definitely less than in the past. CW knew that she made calls,sent messages as soon as she was up and about for the day . Is it possible he took the phone with him to monitor the calls and maybe try to put off some of "her people"? I know the GPS can track the phone. Maybe he turned that off ? He could have used the phone to get an idea of how many people were trying to track her down and then plan how to cover his tracks.Maybe when he got to the house and met NUA and LE for a walk through he could have tossed it on the couch, like it was there the whole time ??? I am sure there are many holes in this story but I'm looking at it from another angle. The phone will be very important to this case IMO.

It makes sense to me because it answers the question why kill the children? Never made sense to me before. But I do realize it’s a huge stretch, and there is absolutely no concrete evidence to back it up. But I saw him with his children, and I believe he loved them. Something BIG must have gone down for him to believe the best solution was to kill them. Something that jeopardized or threatened him, personally. There had to have been something in it for him, and it had to be bigger than not wanting to pay child support. I cant figure out what it is.

BBM
Christian Longo said he loved his kids deeply and even up to and including the nite he killed his family he claimed if someone had broken in and tried to harm them he would have protected and fought for them. His issue was his own shame at being a failure. He decided that nite he would kill them, with little or no planning or what to do in the immediate aftermath..That nite his wife wanted sex so they did and he strangled her during til she died. He also tried to claim his wife killed 2 of the kids..Years later he admitted he killed all of them..

Hi everyone
I'm new to posting on this thread, but used to post in Casey Anthony's case and have since lost that profile so now a new one. I love reading everyone's theories even if I don't always agree. You all have some great minds!

The cell phone found in the couch cushions upstairs in the loft intrigues me. It seems to me she must not have gone straight to bed but rather went to the couch. We know she left her shoes at the front door, purse on the counter, suitcase at foot of stairs. Then I'm thinking she with phone in hand heads upstairs to the loft couch.

I believe without a doubt that CW murdered his family. I really want to know why. And yes sometimes evil is just evil and there's no why. But trying to understand all the family dynamics by social media, videos, VIs, friends interviews is helpful in my opinion.

My first theory on day one was SW was having an affair and he snapped. Please don't @ me. It was just a first impression, no proof at all, just that she's very attractive and traveling often without him, meeting new people through Thrive. So, back to the morning she got home she goes to upstairs to the loft couch, starts texting someone thinking everyone is asleep, CW comes in and catches her, they argue, he goes into a rage and strangles her. The girl's bedroom doors face the loft, the argument and violence wake them up and they see what's happening, CW then kills them too. God that's awful to write.

Then when the arrest affidavit confirmed he CW was having an affair I no longer think she was. But I still think she was on the loft couch with her phone when he argued then attacked. Why else would she leave her phone there? If she went to bed I don't think she'd leave her phone. Maybe she was texting "her people" as CW referred to them in his media interview and he was jealous, started fighting, jealous rage. And with the girl's bedrooms right off the loft maybe one or both ran in to help Mom and he takes all of them out.

Exactly. The VI, who has known CW for many years, told us she has never seen him angry. I thought that was really a red flag. Even mild mannered, laid back people get angry sometimes. So hearing that she has never seen him get angry made me think he was the one, much more likely to explode, than she was.

She is very expressive, extroverted, and has many friends that she communicated with regularly. I think she would be vocal, angry and probably very hurt if he said he was going to leave her. But I cannot see her 'snapping' and strangling her babies. I just cannot see it happening that way. I could be wrong, of course.

It isn't interesting then that during one of the interviews ,CW says that Bella is calm like him while CC was like her mother!! I'm not sure how strangling fits in with being calm .

Really not sure on all the details of the finances. I'm just sure I heard it somewhere that SW was added afterwards.
I recall that Bill Carson posted about this. I don't know how to link a closed thread so I am copying and pasteing.

CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #20
The Colorado house was purchased in CW's name only in November of 2013 (I believe). SW was later added to the deed, but probably not the...
Post by: Bill Carson, Sep 10, 2018 in forum: Located Persons Discussion

Edit to add if Bill Carson posted it, it is likely true!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't cell phones emit noises when a phone call or text has gone unanswered? Likely scenario is SW cell phone was beeping indicating missed calls, missed texts when they went upstairs to the loft area so easily heard and found.

It would depend on her settings, I guess. My phone is on silent or vibrate at all times. You can hear the vibrate depending on the surface it's sitting on. I sadly I know for a fact that you cannot hear it vibrate when it's fallen in to the couch.

It would depend on her settings, I guess. My phone is on silent or vibrate at all times. You can hear the vibrate depending on the surface it's sitting on. I sadly I know for a fact that you cannot hear it vibrate when it's fallen in to the couch.
Good point MKZoo, it could have been on vibrate. For some odd reason, I can imagine SW having an audible ringtone and sound alert for incoming or missed calls and texts.

Sorry everyone I tried to post this earlier but it got put on the end of the quote about the phone being located and by whom.
It is very apparent that SW had her phone glued to her a lot , although in the last few weeks definitely less than in the past. CW knew that she made calls,sent messages as soon as she was up and about for the day . Is it possible he took the phone with him to monitor the calls and maybe try to put off some of "her people"? I know the GPS can track the phone. Maybe he turned that off ? He could have used the phone to get an idea of how many people were trying to track her down and then plan how to cover his tracks.Maybe when he got to the house and met NUA and LE for a walk through he could have tossed it on the couch, like it was there the whole time ??? I am sure there are many holes in this story but I'm looking at it from another angle. The phone will be very important to this case IMO.

Good point MKZoo, it could have been on vibrate. For some odd reason, I can imagine SW having an audible ringtone and sound alert for incoming or missed calls and texts.
I agree was just going to say the same. Her business was mainly phone based (judging by her SM vids.) so can't imagine she would ever turn the ringer off.

Hi everyone
I'm new to posting on this thread, but used to post in Casey Anthony's case and have since lost that profile so now a new one. I love reading everyone's theories even if I don't always agree. You all have some great minds!

The cell phone found in the couch cushions upstairs in the loft intrigues me. It seems to me she must not have gone straight to bed but rather went to the couch. We know she left her shoes at the front door, purse on the counter, suitcase at foot of stairs. Then I'm thinking she with phone in hand heads upstairs to the loft couch.

I believe without a doubt that CW murdered his family. I really want to know why. And yes sometimes evil is just evil and there's no why. But trying to understand all the family dynamics by social media, videos, VIs, friends interviews is helpful in my opinion.

My first theory on day one was SW was having an affair and he snapped. Please don't @ me. It was just a first impression, no proof at all, just that she's very attractive and traveling often without him, meeting new people through Thrive. So, back to the morning she got home she goes to upstairs to the loft couch, starts texting someone thinking everyone is asleep, CW comes in and catches her, they argue, he goes into a rage and strangles her. The girl's bedroom doors face the loft, the argument and violence wake them up and they see what's happening, CW then kills them too. God that's awful to write.

Then when the arrest affidavit confirmed he CW was having an affair I no longer think she was. But I still think she was on the loft couch with her phone when he argued then attacked. Why else would she leave her phone there? If she went to bed I don't think she'd leave her phone. Maybe she was texting "her people" as CW referred to them in his media interview and he was jealous, started fighting, jealous rage. And with the girl's bedrooms right off the loft maybe one or both ran in to help Mom and he takes all of them out.
Someone who depended on their phone as much as she did would have made certain that it was charging at night before she went to bed. IMO.

Sorry everyone I tried to post this earlier but it got put on the end of the quote about the phone being located and by whom.
Very possible.

B/c I don't believe Trinket has said that. I've searched back through his/her posts and what I've found that Trinket said is:

"He was verbally abused from the beginning. I remember meeting them and she told anyone who would listen she couldn’t believe she went on a date with him because of the way he was dressed. He looked like a “skater boy”... she almost didn’t continue the date because of that. All this was said in front of him. He had new clothes shortly after."

This is different to me than a VI stating that CW had told his family SW was controlling and verbally abusive and possibly more. IMO, Trinket said *Trinket* thought CW was verbally abused based on what Trinket saw. Which means CW could have either felt he was verbally abused or perhaps not. Or even if he did, he didn't necessarily tell his family all of that.

Just wanting to clear up fact from speculation. But @Trinket78 may want to weigh in on their own...
SBM
I highly value what all of our VI's and all of our V Professionals have shared with us. I guess we all have different perspectives on what constitutes verbal abuse.

I wonder if my husband's family and friends think I'm abusive because I made fun of his furniture when we first met. He only had a preowned couch, a dining table (with a tv and computer on it), a bed frame and a coffee table with a missing corner from practicing his golf swing. He had boxes everywhere and basically lived out of them. I've even called him Captain Obvious in front of his friends a couple times. I meant it in more of an ironic way than a belittling way because he could well afford decent furniture and he is highly intelligent.

I think when a woman is serious about a man, it is very common for her to want the best for him, like nice clothes, healthy food, etc. Imo, Shanann went out of her way to please him and show him that he was appreciated.

Thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry for the pain you went through. This is exactly why CW is not garnering much sympathy here. His actions are NOT those of grief, shock, terrible loss. Its almost as though he was playing a role in a sitcom during his hipster interviews.

It’s because of my experience of losing my husband, and how I was treated after publicly, that has made me question everything on his story & try to remain non judgmental until more evidence comes to light. I’ve seen both sides. Because the court of public opinion is damning. There were SO many rumors flying around about my husband’s death & my possible involvement. People made up extreme scenarios that just were not true, but so hurtful. Even to this day, after having a clear COD, and his case closed, some people still believe I had something to do with it. Even after all the hell he put me through, I have never once publicly thrown him under the bus. I’m actually more protective of him now, & would never stand for someone to muddy his name & legacy.

So because of that ^, it’s also why I have a hard time believing he’s not insanely guilty, because his actions say otherwise.

I’m far more concerned with what the phone can tell LE, than where it was found.

The question as to how it got there, may never be answered. Only CW knows, and he’ll likely never say, not that we’d believe him anyway.

I doubt he took her phone with him, because he had a lot of work to do, and messing with the phone would have interfered with that.

Jmo.

This ^^ ! Bare with me, this is long, but valuable grief/trauma wise.

Life experience gives me insight into this. My husband & I were separating, I’d moved out, and went to take my set of keys back to the house & pick up a few other things. He was supposed to be at work. When I walked into my home & found my husband laying unresponsive on the floor in the hallway, I was annoyed because I just was like “really he’s passed out drunk on a Tuesday morning?!” I called his name a few times, he didn’t respond, I tried to shake him awake & was horrified when I felt how cold he was when I touched his skin. I think now looking back I had to have known subconsciously he was gone, but in that few seconds, I remember thinking “OMG, WTF is going on, he needs medical help ASAP!!” Panicked, I ran out of the house & screamed for the guards (he was military, we lived on base) & within minutes the place was swarming with LE. That was around 10:45 am, for the next 30 mins, I was on the phone with 911, freaking out, all while our little girls ( 3&4 at the time), I remember getting so angry that the ambulance wasn’t there yet. I kept asking why, kept stating he needed help. I heard on a firefighters radio that was standing by me, that they were doing cpr, & they got a breath from him. We had two Preemies, our youngest was born not breathing & they worked on her for 5 mins before she started to breathe (born at 29wks), my point is that in my mind I was like “ok, this is really bad, but he’ll be vented for a week or so & be fine. This is the rock bottom that’ll turn him around. He’ll be ok.” Fast forward 5 mins when I flipped out & demanded to know where the F*ck the ambulance was; that I was then informed my husband was gone forever. Had someone not been standing behind me, I probably would have had a concussion because I passed out. We weren’t allowed to leave the scene for 6 hours. I was interviewed by OSI, CSI, LE- and honestly I don’t remember much of the convos. I was in massive shock, to the point I couldn’t open a water bottle lid. I couldn’t drink from it because I could NOT stop shaking. I couldn’t stop crying, I had zero control over it. I kept getting asked where my husbands hands were, & I freaked out because I couldn’t remember seeing them, so I was like “oh god, why, what do you mean?! Where are they?!”And then puked because I imagined he could possibly be missing his hands? Turns out they were asking because they were trying to find out if I had moved him, because hand placement can say a lot. I had zero idea, because it was clear I was innocent. At the time though, I didn’t realize I was being looked at as a possible suspect. My mind NEVER went there. I was grief stricken and in shock because it was real.

My point of telling my experience, is this ^^ is what real grief is like. You don’t have time to think, because you can’t think. Time isn’t rationally the same, your mind isn’t rational. Your mind wants to defy all sense of logic, you don’t care if you sounds stupid, because ALL you want is for your loved one to be ok. Your world is shattered & in your mind you’re truly trying to figure out how the impossible, might actually be possible. I had medical training, so logically I should have known he was dead when I felt him, but my heart wouldn’t believe it. Even to this day 4 & half years later, I even though I saw him multiple times in the casket, I’ll have a dream where he comes back to life, and when I wake up I’m effed up for days because I’m like ok could this happen though?! It sounds crazy, & I know it’s crazy, but that’s what real grief is like. You can’t control it, and it can/will hit you out of nowhere. Never for one second was I scared LE wouldn’t believe me, because I had nothing to hide.

@mtnlites story about her losing her child, I remember feeling a lot of the same sentiments. Hugs girl.

I’m so sorry for your and your children’s loss and that you had to experience that. I have two personal experiences that I can’t help but think of while following this case.

A few years ago, my husband’s cousin died in his sleep at age 23. It was determined to be from an acute asthma attack exacerbated by alcohol intoxication. He was in full rigor when found, and his aunt still attempted CPR on him until the paramedics arrived.

A few months ago, I got a phone call from my neighbor/close family friend very early in the am asking me to please come because they had found her dad collapsed and unresponsive. They had already called 911. I’m a healthcare provider, and when I arrived it was obvious to me that he was gone. I still did CPR on him until the paramedics arrived, because no matter your background, training, etc...your mind just doesn’t want to go there to believe they can’t be saved. I couldn’t imagine if it was my child. Magnifies it x1000. That’s why I have such trouble with his actions afterward if he’s telling the truth and Shannan killed the girls.

I wonder if she still had it in Airplane Mode from the flight. Probably not. Most people turn their phones on in-flight when allowed. Because that'd mute calls to it.
I suspect SW would turn her phone on as soon as she was allowed. Even possibly texting or calling CW when she landed at airport with an eta of her arrival home. Maybe even telling CW to unlock the front door for her??

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing well means she had not lost everything. She had a roof over her head as a single woman. She had to qualify for this home. Regardless of how she used the equity, she was able to qualify for a home. In her twenties she is besting most of her peers in that aspect. If you read my posts, I am certain they were in financial disarray by the time she died. Others disagree. But it is ridiculous to state she lost everything in her first divorce when this obviously is not true. She was much better positioned than CW if a second divorce were to go down simply because she is not the one owing the debt on the home and she could restart her life much easier with both support of family and certainly a less tainted credit history. In addition, if ANY money were to be made on the sell of the Frederick home, he would be required to split it with her.
I doubt SW reaped much of a profit from her first home sale because it was at a time when housing had crashed and was struggling to recover.

Bankruptcy taints the credit of both spouses. Even if SW's name wasn't on the mortgage, her name was on the deed and liens have to be satisfied. I think both spouses take a financial hit at a divorce because they both have to set up households to accommodate themselves and three children. My state no longer assumes the mother is the better custodial parent. The goal now is 50/50 custody. I have no idea if this is true in CO. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber