Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing well means she had not lost everything. She had a roof over her head as a single woman. She had to qualify for this home. Regardless of how she used the equity, she was able to qualify for a home. In her twenties she is besting most of her peers in that aspect. If you read my posts, I am certain they were in financial disarray by the time she died. Others disagree. But it is ridiculous to state she lost everything in her first divorce when this obviously is not true. She was much better positioned than CW if a second divorce were to go down simply because she is not the one owing the debt on the home and she could restart her life much easier with both support of family and certainly a less tainted credit history. In addition, if ANY money were to be made on the sell of the Frederick home, he would be required to split it with her.
I totally agree that for a single female in her early 20s, she succeeded at doing what many couples cannot! But I don't view "doing well" as "mortgaged to the hilt, selling for no profit, and getting into mega debt again" as doing well. No wiggle room for unexpected expenses. I would think if they had just divorced, they could have sold the CO home, maybe for under $50k in profit (home values in that area are skyrocketing like mad because of demand) and settled some debt, leaving little or no profit for either party but I don't see CW as being in massive debt if he was the only mortgage holder. Their house value did not decline in the few years since they purchased it. And I would think other debt would be joint.

And I bet there would be nothing on earth that could hide the magnitude of your despair and grief?

This ^^ ! Bare with me, this is long, but valuable grief/trauma wise.

Life experience gives me insight into this. My husband & I were separating, I’d moved out, and went to take my set of keys back to the house & pick up a few other things. He was supposed to be at work. When I walked into my home & found my husband laying unresponsive on the floor in the hallway, I was annoyed because I just was like “really he’s passed out drunk on a Tuesday morning?!” I called his name a few times, he didn’t respond, I tried to shake him awake & was horrified when I felt how cold he was when I touched his skin. I think now looking back I had to have known subconsciously he was gone, but in that few seconds, I remember thinking “OMG, WTF is going on, he needs medical help ASAP!!” Panicked, I ran out of the house & screamed for the guards (he was military, we lived on base) & within minutes the place was swarming with LE. That was around 10:45 am, for the next 30 mins, I was on the phone with 911, freaking out, all while our little girls ( 3&4 at the time), I remember getting so angry that the ambulance wasn’t there yet. I kept asking why, kept stating he needed help. I heard on a firefighters radio that was standing by me, that they were doing cpr, & they got a breath from him. We had two Preemies, our youngest was born not breathing & they worked on her for 5 mins before she started to breathe (born at 29wks), my point is that in my mind I was like “ok, this is really bad, but he’ll be vented for a week or so & be fine. This is the rock bottom that’ll turn him around. He’ll be ok.” Fast forward 5 mins when I flipped out & demanded to know where the F*ck the ambulance was; that I was then informed my husband was gone forever. Had someone not been standing behind me, I probably would have had a concussion because I passed out. We weren’t allowed to leave the scene for 6 hours. I was interviewed by OSI, CSI, LE- and honestly I don’t remember much of the convos. I was in massive shock, to the point I couldn’t open a water bottle lid. I couldn’t drink from it because I could NOT stop shaking. I couldn’t stop crying, I had zero control over it. I kept getting asked where my husbands hands were, & I freaked out because I couldn’t remember seeing them, so I was like “oh god, why, what do you mean?! Where are they?!”And then puked because I imagined he could possibly be missing his hands? Turns out they were asking because they were trying to find out if I had moved him, because hand placement can say a lot. I had zero idea, because it was clear I was innocent. At the time though, I didn’t realize I was being looked at as a possible suspect. My mind NEVER went there. I was grief stricken and in shock because it was real.

My point of telling my experience, is this ^^ is what real grief is like. You don’t have time to think, because you can’t think. Time isn’t rationally the same, your mind isn’t rational. Your mind wants to defy all sense of logic, you don’t care if you sounds stupid, because ALL you want is for your loved one to be ok. Your world is shattered & in your mind you’re truly trying to figure out how the impossible, might actually be possible. I had medical training, so logically I should have known he was dead when I felt him, but my heart wouldn’t believe it. Even to this day 4 & half years later, I even though I saw him multiple times in the casket, I’ll have a dream where he comes back to life, and when I wake up I’m effed up for days because I’m like ok could this happen though?! It sounds crazy, & I know it’s crazy, but that’s what real grief is like. You can’t control it, and it can/will hit you out of nowhere. Never for one second was I scared LE wouldn’t believe me, because I had nothing to hide.

@mtnlites story about her losing her child, I remember feeling a lot of the same sentiments. Hugs girl.

Doing well means she had not lost everything. She had a roof over her head as a single woman. She had to qualify for this home. Regardless of how she used the equity, she was able to qualify for a home. In her twenties she is besting most of her peers in that aspect. If you read my posts, I am certain they were in financial disarray by the time she died. Others disagree. But it is ridiculous to state she lost everything in her first divorce when this obviously is not true. She was much better positioned than CW if a second divorce were to go down simply because she is not the one owing the debt on the home and she could restart her life much easier with both support of family and certainly a less tainted credit history. In addition, if ANY money were to be made on the sell of the Frederick home, he would be required to split it with her.
Was she not on the deeds of the CO home?

I know that you did not mean anything by that, but when my child died, two of my friends said to me ' I wouldn't be able to go on. I would kill myself'.
I found that very hurtful, it was like saying I love my children more than you do.
I heard similar in regards to a 90 y/0 grandmother and me in the same sentence regarding my particular healths issues, "if it were me I'd put a bullet to my head". I'm not able to forgive that person yet.

DexterMorgan said:
CW didn't even get enough time to set up a go fund me.

He probably would have raised atleast $250k easily if he wasn't arrested 2 days later

Bluff:
I actually did see a go fund me account for CW but I highly suspect it was a fraudulent account and not CW or anyone related to CW. I never posted this point because of that suspicion. I could try and find it but it is likely removed.

This ^^ ! Bare with me, this is long, but valuable grief/trauma wise.

Life experience gives me insight into this. My husband & I were separating, I’d moved out, and went to take my set of keys back to the house & pick up a few other things. He was supposed to be at work. When I walked into my home & found my husband laying unresponsive on the floor in the hallway, I was annoyed because I just was like “really he’s passed out drunk on a Tuesday morning?!” I called his name a few times, he didn’t respond, I tried to shake him awake & was horrified when I felt how cold he was when I touched his skin. I think now looking back I had to have known subconsciously he was gone, but in that few seconds, I remember thinking “OMG, WTF is going on, he needs medical help ASAP!!” Panicked, I ran out of the house & screamed for the guards (he was military, we lived on base) & within minutes the place was swarming with LE. That was around 10:45 am, for the next 30 mins, I was on the phone with 911, freaking out, all while our little girls ( 3&4 at the time), I remember getting so angry that the ambulance wasn’t there yet. I kept asking why, kept stating he needed help. I heard on a firefighters radio that was standing by me, that they were doing cpr, & they got a breath from him. We had two Preemies, our youngest was born not breathing & they worked on her for 5 mins before she started to breathe (born at 29wks), my point is that in my mind I was like “ok, this is really bad, but he’ll be vented for a week or so & be fine. This is the rock bottom that’ll turn him around. He’ll be ok.” Fast forward 5 mins when I flipped out & demanded to know where the F*ck the ambulance was; that I was then informed my husband was gone forever. Had someone not been standing behind me, I probably would have had a concussion because I passed out. We weren’t allowed to leave the scene for 6 hours. I was interviewed by OSI, CSI, LE- and honestly I don’t remember much of the convos. I was in massive shock, to the point I couldn’t open a water bottle lid. I couldn’t drink from it because I could NOT stop shaking. I couldn’t stop crying, I had zero control over it. I kept getting asked where my husbands hands were, & I freaked out because I couldn’t remember seeing them, so I was like “oh god, why, what do you mean?! Where are they?!”And then puked because I imagined he could possibly be missing his hands? Turns out they were asking because they were trying to find out if I had moved him, because hand placement can say a lot. I had zero idea, because it was clear I was innocent. At the time though, I didn’t realize I was being looked at as a possible suspect. My mind NEVER went there. I was grief stricken and in shock because it was real.

My point of telling my experience, is this ^^ is what real grief is like. You don’t have time to think, because you can’t think. Time isn’t rationally the same, your mind isn’t rational. Your mind wants to defy all sense of logic, you don’t care if you sounds stupid, because ALL you want is for your loved one to be ok. Your world is shattered & in your mind you’re truly trying to figure out how the impossible, might actually be possible. I had medical training, so logically I should have known he was dead when I felt him, but my heart wouldn’t believe it. Even to this day 4 & half years later, I even though I saw him multiple times in the casket, I’ll have a dream where he comes back to life, and when I wake up I’m effed up for days because I’m like ok could this happen though?! It sounds crazy, & I know it’s crazy, but that’s what real grief is like. You can’t control it, and it can/will hit you out of nowhere. Never for one second was I scared LE wouldn’t believe me, because I had nothing to hide.

@mtnlites story about her losing her child, I remember feeling a lot of the same sentiments. Hugs girl.
Thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry for the pain you went through. This is exactly why CW is not garnering much sympathy here. His actions are NOT those of grief, shock, terrible loss. Its almost as though he was playing a role in a sitcom during his hipster interviews.

Ahhhhhh, that would explain it as to the wording in the affidavit, in my opinion. I never thought about that but I think you're on to something.

If it was my friend and we were doing a wellness check, I will be calling her phone from the moment I walked in the door to see where it was in the house.[/QUOT
Chain of custody wouldn’t matter. What’s on the phone is on the phone. This isn’t biological evidence that could be tampered with.
Chain of custody does matter because if LE didn't collect it, they won't be able to claim CW is the one who "hid" the phone behind the cushions. JMO

Yes, thank you @Layla123 for your daily recaps. Although most of the shows are pretty sensationalized and speculation, occasionally there can be nuggets of good info. I was able to listen to the show in the car on my way home today. I hadn’t thought much about the Livor Mortis aka Lividity, but should have. I think this could be an important point. If all the lividity is fixed on the posterior parts of the body, or on one side or the other, this could indicate the girls were killed at least 8 hours prior to being placed in the tanks. If there’s lividity on the front of the bodies, then possibly lividity hadn’t yet become fixed when they were placed. Lividity on the front could also mean they were face down for that long before being placed. So lividity on the front is kind of a toss up, but lividity on the back would be telling and extremely significant in estimating TOD, IMO.

I've also played with the theory, whilst not completely 'catatonic' (I'm not a psychologist and but can't come up with a better metaphor), events happened which were not controllable out of his normal mental state.
Whilst he maintains, when presented evidence, he 'only' committed one (technically two) acts of death by strangulation, is it implausible that he simply doesn't remember the complete horrific acts to his daughters at the time, or of his wife and baby boy? He simply switched off?
Is there a 'revelation' moment when all of a sudden you realise you are the perpetrator of these horrfic acts against your own family?
Could you lie so well because that's what you believe yourself?
If so, the moment of truth would hit you like a brick to understand the enormity of your actions, at some point.

Rambling, just a thought....
Not necessarily my final theory but a thought in my head. Late, tired and foggy. Zzzzzz

Yes, thank you @Layla123 for your daily recaps. Although most of the shows are pretty sensationalized and speculation, occasionally there can be nuggets of good info. I was able to listen to the show in the car on my way home today. I hadn’t thought much about the Livor Mortis aka Lividity, but should have. I think this could be an important point. If all the lividity is fixed on the posterior parts of the body, or on one side or the other, this could indicate the girls were killed at least 8 hours prior to being placed in the tanks. If there’s lividity on the front of the bodies, then possibly lividity hadn’t yet become fixed when they were placed. Lividity on the front could also mean they were face down for that long before being placed. So lividity on the front is kind of a toss up, but lividity on the back would be telling and extremely significant in estimating TOD, IMO.
Can you imagine how awful it is for the ME who had to clean those little bodies to get rid of the crude oil in order to complete an autopsy? Horrifying.

Ahhhhhh, that would explain it as to the wording in the affidavit, in my opinion. I never thought about that but I think you're on to something.

If it was my friend and we were doing a wellness check, I will be calling her phone from the moment I walked in the door to see where it was in the house.
Don't cell phones emit noises when a phone call or text has gone unanswered? Likely scenario is SW cell phone was beeping indicating missed calls, missed texts when they went upstairs to the loft area so easily heard and found.

IA. When someone is quiet and doesn't speak up a lot of times I feel like it's just a volcano waiting to erupt. JMO

Exactly. The VI, who has known CW for many years, told us she has never seen him angry. I thought that was really a red flag. Even mild mannered, laid back people get angry sometimes. So hearing that she has never seen him get angry made me think he was the one, much more likely to explode, than she was.

She is very expressive, extroverted, and has many friends that she communicated with regularly. I think she would be vocal, angry and probably very hurt if he said he was going to leave her. But I cannot see her 'snapping' and strangling her babies. I just cannot see it happening that way. I could be wrong, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA