Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean that all costs of his defense will come from tax payers and that he won't have to pay any legal fees, even those of the best expert witnesses the defense wish to trot out??
Yes, but begrudgingly in the interest of justice, that does not bother me. What does bother me are all the resources taxpayers had to foot the bill for in desperately searching for a "missing" family because CW (and CW alone) sent everyone on that wild goose chase.

Would a hot shot lawyer want a case that seems to me, is not very winnable?

I was surprised that anyone wanted Scott Peterson's. Seems like there's always someone waiting in the wings to make a name for themselves. I thought this case appeared unwinnable, too, until I started reading the comments vilifying SW. Now? Who knows. It's scary.

I am super bossy in my videos. Because my husband is naturally more introverted and quieter, I probably come off that way when we're out together in public, too. However, when it comes to our actual household and marriage, things are much more balanced and democratic.

I am super bossy too, it started when I had children and came out of necessity as if I don't take charge my OH would do nothing, running a family requires a boss if both parties don't take equal responsibility and use initiative, if I didn't tell daddy to feed the children, turn off the scary tv, stop the baby climbing, don't leave that hot coffee there etc etc I would have complete chaos! Some daddies are great and some need guidance!

Sure, she very well may have been a dominant partner. But it is one hell of a leap to say that this is in any way, evidence of her involvement here.

Just because a person behaves submissively, doesn’t mean that they aren’t capable of violence. In this case, horiffic violence.
I would like to discuss this but my formatting window keeps refreshing and erasing my post.

I am super bossy too, it started when I had children and came out of necessity as if I don't take charge my OH would do nothing, running a family requires a boss if both parties don't take equal responsibility and use initiative, if I didn't tell daddy to feed the children, turn off the scary tv, stop the baby climbing, don't leave that hot coffee there etc etc I would have complete chaos! Some daddies are great and some need guidance!

Oh yes, me too. My husband is a very good husband. He's a good father in that he loves the kids and protects them and can entertain them. However, he's very scattered. He would never remember which bills to pay at what time. When I am gone, I have to text him to remind him to make dinner. He can't tell you our kids' teachers names and when he makes doctor appointments for them, I have to remind him of their birthdays. He doesn't think to do basic things like change the sheets on the bed, help the kids pick out their school clothes, or keep certain things (milk, eggs, drinks, cereal) stocked in the kitchen. He gets lost in his own head a lot. If I don't pester him to do things that need to be done, they wouldn't get done. On the other hand, he does arts and crafts with them in the evenings, reads them bedtime stories, sends them on homemade scavenger hunts for their birthday presents, teaches the kids how to cook, takes them to the park to play, and takes them hiking and fishing so it all kind of evens out.

I'm missing the evidence of a "curvy" "unpreggers" woman. Although we do have info per the affadavit there was an affair with a coworker.

I said "I'M GUESSING HERE", meaning there is no evidence that I know of. And I meant that I am guessing that he would not have an affair with a pregnant woman with 2 toddlers. IMO

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Regarding acts of SA, you never know who is capable until there is evidence or credible accusations to investigate. Just because many people here have weighed the evidence we have seen so far and find CW to look guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of the charges he is facing does not mean we think there is evidence to suggest he sexually assaulted the girls, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

There have been no formal accusations of sexual abuse, not even any gossip. The idea is based solely on a subjective Facebook video that, to many of us, shows nothing but children innocently playing on a splashpad. As a professional, I would never form such an opinion based on a few seconds of a video. There would be interviews with the children and other family members, tests administered, a psychological evaluation of the children and adults, and possibly even a physical exam administered by a pediatrician trained to look for signs of sexual abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respectfully disagree with you. Relatively few attorneys are disbarred. There are approximately 40,000 attorneys in Colorado. There were only 41 disbarments from 2013 to 2015.

@Bill Carson

Respectfully, my post was about: 1) attorneys violating the rules of professional conduct; and 2) the disbarment of overzealous attorneys.

I am not licensed in Colorado. My opinions stem from the two states I am licensed to practice law in; and my extensive reading of the model ABA RPC and the Rules as they are applied in the states I practice in. Hope this clarifies things for you.

I can't see why anyone would see anything sexual or pertaining to sexual abuse from this video clip
I had to speed read to get caught up & I must have missed the link for the clip. Could someone please repost the link? TIA
* edit typo

I had to speed read to get caught up & I must have missed the link for the clip. Could someone please repost the link? TIA
* edit typo
It was back about half way in the thread, a big photo/short video of the 2 girls playing in one of those water attractions, slides, whatever. <modsnip: Please indicate that is your opinion, not fact.>

Edited to add IMO

Last edited:
I don't think he hated his kids. I think he hated his life. His identity. Or maybe lack thereof.

He wanted to be someone different, living a different life. I suspect he viewed his kids as extensions of himself but if he had a disordered sense of identity, it was a part of himself he wanted to shed, maybe.
I think he considered the kids as an extension of SW.

True. I have kept thinking that some big shot private defense attorney would show up for the publicity. In fact, I thought awhile ago that they'd been retained based on tactic I've perceived.

But no. And looking at the motions the PD has filed so far and other things I'm observing, he's got a scary good PD team. Pronoun typo aside.

Really good. I'm impressed and they scare me.
Pardon my ignorance, but if a big shot defense attorney did show up, would they need to be versed in CO law? I mean a famous attorney like Thomas Mesereau or Gloria Allred et al (trying to name some high profile attorneys!!) who practice law in CA may not be able to defend someone in CO based on state law? Sorry if this is a silly question.

I'm missing the evidence of a "curvy" "unpreggers" woman. Although we do have info per the affadavit there was an affair with a coworker.
I'm now going down the path of him loving being foot loose and fancy free with his lover for 5 weeks straight. Then responsibility came home and SW also left him alone for a few days to watch the kiddos. That really put a damper on what he wanted to do, who he wanted to be with. He decided to take care of that once and for all. He must have been in a fantasy world thinking this was going to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beefalo