AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found Deceased - AK - Pvt. Mason Heimer, 22, Fort Wainwright, Fairbanks, 17 Sept 2018

Mason has been founded, in his vehicle, with no foul play. Appears to be suicide. A stark reminder that people that are suicidal do NOT always deviate from their day to day plans. Mason stopped at McD's and had breakfast, drove into the forest and ended his life. There's been muliple cases over the years that people KNEW some crime had been committed, yet the person was found to have committed suicide.

While I don't have a gut feeling Daniella was suicidal, I also don't know her. I don't remove the possibility.

Found Deceased - AK - Pvt. Mason Heimer, 22, Fort Wainwright, Fairbanks, 17 Sept 2018

Mason has been founded, in his vehicle, with no foul play. Appears to be suicide. A stark reminder that people that are suicidal do NOT always deviate from their day to day plans. Mason stopped at McD's and had breakfast, drove into the forest and ended his life. There's been muliple cases over the years that people KNEW some crime had been committed, yet the person was found to have committed suicide.

While I don't have a gut feeling Daniella was suicidal, I also don't know her. I don't remove the possibility.

I think this is a good point. Especially knowing she just gave birth, postpartum depression is a real thing. I'm sure it could be compounded by not having the baby you just gave birth to and not having custody of your existing child. That must have been hard and she didn't have any real support system given that she was missing for 2 days before being reported missing.

We would still need to know who Car 3 was. Car 3 would know if she drove off alone somewhere. Last we saw they were together.

Perfection @Vail! Thank you for posting this information as it perfectly states where we are with this case.

I can absolutely understand why the LoJack issue happened on the thread and I believe the thinking/logic behind it had alot of merit from the standpoint of what kind of dealer Pearl Motors is and the credit profile of most of their customers so I'm not unhappy it was brought up for discussion and consideration. What would have been helpful I think is that if the VI had seen us going off track was to step in and say something. So far as I saw this didn't happen. Is this the end of the world? Nope. We just kept on moving ahead and came back to where we started. I have to say that having done some research on Pearl Motors and reading the many complaints that are on the internet about them it did make perfect sense to me that they would rely on a separate system such as LoJack to track and repo their cars as the built in systems are simply too easy to remove. I believed this because a number of people that had their cars repo'd by Pearl refer to GPS devices in their cars and one person described something like a kill switch as they were unable to drive their car and then the repo tow truck showed up. Maybe Pearl only puts in separate systems for specific cars or specific credit profile buyers? We don't know. I will do so more research on this specific issue with Pearl and report back if I find out anything relevant. In my mind I am putting a placeholder next to the entire GPS issue as I don't think we yet have confirmation on the topic from LE as to how exactly Pearl was able to ping the DNV car.

I’ve said from the beginning that it was the built in GPS system that also controls OnStar. I’ve even given the location for the fuse. The LoJack idea has come up here and on the FB page and, until we had confirmation from LE Friday, I could not rule a LoJack out as a possibility - used car dealers do use them. But we now know definitively that it was the built in GPS.

The VI stated as fact that JDT confirmed the car had a LoJack. Post 108:
AL - AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

I think we are getting off track because things are being stated as fact and then not corrected. This is why WS does not usually allow thrice-removed hearsay because it is impossible to pin down the source of a fact when a person can just deny ever making a post we can link to.

Going forward I am only going to address information provided by LE or MSM and theories developed by members like we do on every other thread.

Actually, I did make a post yesterday confirming/clarifying info per LE.

Does any one else here scribble down notes of facts, info, etc. on a case, as they go along reading here and "sleuthing" at home, or on the conversations threads ? I do...... I now have a heavily marked out , scribbled on, three pieces of paper, and the only thing I can really make out anymore, are the initials of three people, over and over again.........Come on LE ! Solve this case !
Sadly we are back at square one, or worse. Who would have guessed a separate and private group set up by so-called-friends of the victim would take control of news and information?

Agree. Don't believe this is a productive path to follow as its purely speculative. I do however question why the MPD hasn't engaged the FBI so far as we know to help with the CCTV. Maybe they have the local expertise but it would be encouraging to see outside help as it not only brings in expertise but somewhat eliminates the taint of coverup allegations IMO.

We’ve asked this, as well, and have a missing persons org on standby. MPD will not allow either but I’m not sure why.

We’ve asked this, as well, and have a missing persons org on standby. MPD will not allow either but I’m not sure why.
Would you mind expounding on your comment? Are you saying there is a voluntary missing person org willing to assist in the search for Danniella? And MPD is preventing them from doing so?

Yes you are correct. The reason for the suggestion in this case is that we haven't heard publicly from DNV's friends or people that she might have worked with and they might not feel comfortable with LE. If she was working double shifts she was spending many hours a day with the folks she worked with and so might have shared something of her personal life. IDK but you never know if you don't try. Its not as if the money is lost. Crimestoppers could put the money in trust for CT to further provide comfort as to no financial improprieties.

Her friends aren’t talking much at all but, when they do, are very upset that she’s missing.

Well, IMO, if LE is refusing assistance with a search, either they don't know where to search or perhaps have lots more information and don't want to waste resources. Because LE can't stop anyone from forming a search group, and going out to search. They can however stop a group coming in when they feel it will waste their time, money, manpower... Soo.. what's everyone else think?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member