Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that is IMO to be fundamental about our judicial system is you are innocent until proven guilty. There can be theories on everything until we get more physical evidence. This case is unique bc we have a victim which is also a Suspect. As of now we have heard nothing about physical evidence that implicated either CW or SW to killing the girls. A juror is supposed to be impartial to what defense may offer. I am interested in all those theories bc this crime does not add up. He had moved on absolutely nothing to gain by killing her and kids. He can be portrayed as verbally abused and she has admitted the need for mood support on her Sm. She had everything to lose imo . The motive puts her subject to be the killer imo

No ma'am. This is quite false. Shanann Watts is not a suspect.

I think the defense may go with :

CW killed SW because she killed the children. CW got rid of all bodies because he didn't want to go to prison for killing SW.

or
SW, out of shame, begged CW to kill her. Asked him to dump children's bodies in oil, so they would never be found. Enraged CW killed her and followed her order. ( lol, sorry)

I think the first scenario would be more likely to come from the defense, which won't go over well -- especially if CW is to lead anyone to believe that he decided to play-pretend as a medical professional, in deciding that he had the proper credentials and experience to pronounce the girls dead. Not to mention that same person, without any medical credentials or authority, was also the girls' father.

The second scenario wouldn't hold true for a second, considering he admitted to killing her "in a rage."

What would you have to see that fits with CW being a family annihilator?
How is he different?

I don't believe CW thought his family let him down, or that he's anti-social with rage, anger management and resentment issues. There was no known acts of domestic violence patterns and I don't think CW acted out with revenge. jmo

I don't believe CW thought his family let him down, or that he's anti-social with rage, anger management and resentment issues. There was no known acts of domestic violence patterns and I don't think CW acted out with revenge. jmo
But we have been shown again and again where men with none of these issues have murdered their families. SP came across as a loving husband who was looking forward to the birth of his child, yet he murdered his heavily pregnant wife and weighed her down with cement and threw her body in the ocean.

But we have been shown again and again where men with none of these issues have murdered their families. SP came across as a loving husband who was looking forward to the birth of his child, yet he murdered his heavily pregnant wife and weighed her down with cement and threw her body in the ocean.

My perception of CW has nothing to do with Scott Peterson or his behaviors and actions.

I share your perception. Until we learn more actual evidence, I'll hold it. It's a tad early to proclaim CW is a family annihilator just because he's accused of it. JMO
Respectfully IMO just as there is no reason to proclaim that SW murdered her children just because the man who murdered her & dumped her & her daughters' bodies in an oil field said she did. She hasn't been charged with anything. He has been charged with all of it.

CW was born May 16, 1985, so he's 33 years old. We know ,some, about the time he and SW have been together. What about the other 27 years? He was born in Oklahoma, lived in North Carolina, and, I believe, got a chemical engineering degree from the University of Miami. That's four years in Florida. What else do we know? He wanted to be a NASCAR mechanic? I'm looking, but there doesn't seem to be much there.

Are we sure about the chemical engineering degree? I thought that was possibly incorrect. ???

I don't think it was recorded... I thought it was said they had him cornered a bit and he would tell them everything if he could just talk to his dad.
Perhaps they hid a recorder in the car

What evidence supports the claim that he was verbally abused? The social media videos? That seems to be an entirely subjective assumption

Your statement ‘she had everything to lose. The motive put her subject to be the killer’. What do you mean she had everything to lose?
She could have spinned the le-vel story into a hardworking single-mom, strong woman and gotten even more attention. She had her tons of close friends and family. She had two daughers that she adored. HE had everything to lose: shared custody, child support, a dead-end job, a cheater reputation. Sounds like a motive to me

I get some people like to be the devil’s advocate but lets try to have smart conversations!

Yes and she had an insanely incredible support network of very close friends and family to lean on.

She also had no history of mental health issues that we are aware of.

The pattern with some of the women who have killed their kids when their husband leaves or tries to leave that I have seen?

- History of diagnosed mental health issues.
- History of 911 calls to the home or evidence of volatile behavior.
- Intense custody battles.
- Not a great support network.

People seem to be fishing here.

Shanann has a huge amount of close friends and a strong family. No one has mentioned a sign of jealousy, mental health issues, rage problems, the kinds of things we have seen in the very rare cases of mothers killing children due to break ups or revenge scenarios.

Spousal revenge rare motive for killing kids, experts say

Also, I have never heard of one case of a pregnant mom doing such a thing to her living children.

Maybe later... but I think his first idea was to put all three in the tanks.
Respectfully, I disagree with this. He knew without a doubt her body wouldn't fit through either of the holes on the tops of those tanks. He had seen those holes at least a hundred times. He knew exactly how big they were & what would & wouldn't fit through that hole. If it was his thought to do something "later" with her body, IMO the only other thing he could have done, sorry to be graphic, would have been to go back, take her body out of the ground & cut her up so she would fit. IMO I think even he knew that was too risky.

All MOO

And...I think he was right behind SW as she jogged/ran/pushed/"barreled" past him to get up those stairs. IMO she felt "sick" over not talking with her kids, or detected something "off" in her phone conversations with CW and had an instinctual reaction that something could be very wrong. But who ever assumes their spouse would murder their kids? Even if she had the thought she probably would have pushed it away as being unrealistic.

So she is headed toward her children, to confirm that they are ok, pissed at CW for alienating them from her during her trip "she wouldn't even let me...(explain?)" he's behind her with a twisted up sheet (already in the room, or he had it waiting downstairs...I don't think there's anyway SW could have walked out of this scene w/o CW attempting to strangle her) or his hands, she enters the room and he is immediately strangling her from behind, or perhaps she makes it to Cece and checks for a pulse on her neck. I think something might have happened to BW, SA related or not, and Cece's murder was a byproduct of that. CW had to cover for something, wanted out anyway, resented SW, angry that he had killed his favorite child...murdering the other two (3, Nico) was part of the cover-up. He may have used twisted pillow cases to strangle one or both of the children, he could have used many of SW's items in trying to transfer DNA to Cece's neck (a makeup brush, hair brush, used facial washcloth, towel...who knows) with no idea if it would work. I know that the girls didn't share a room, but I am wondering if they had been sharing a bed since their trip to NC, maybe they were still doing this once home. I don't want to think about this case anymore, but until he's convicted I probably will. I doubt we will ever know the full truth of what happened beyond what DNA can tell us.

Last edited:
I’ve been away for few days but been thinking and I really think CW was in over his head with his affair and wanted out of his life with SW and kids. SW could sense that something was wrong, maybe she even knew about his affair and still wanted to make it work. Either way, she knew he was distant recently and was trying to get them good again.

She was planning a gender reveal party and then a weekend getaway for the following weekend. After 5 weeks alone and his affair going well, I don’t think CW wanted anything to do with that and he decided his only way out was to kill them all so he could start fresh. JMO

And yet all he had to do to regain the freedom he wanted so desperately, was to simply file for divorce. So he’d have to pay child support for the next 18 years, but wasn’t that less expensive then loosing his freedom for the rest of his life! Horrible.

I wonder what CW said to his Dad when he picked him up from the airport? He had the opportunity to have a heart to heart with him then but continued with the pretence that Shan'ann and girls were missing?
IMO, his Dad probably said, 'Son, I can't believe you did it! Tell me, you didn't!' and so it goes. :( It makes me sad just thinking about it. Whether he believes him or not, I think he died a little bit that day, how could he not?
Another thing about the father/son discussion -- I would think his parents knew him fairly well, although most parents never know all from which their offspring is made. Did they think he was a bit different? Shy? Possibly gay? Mean-spirited? Could they possibly have thought, yes, he may have killed his entire family? We'll never know, IMO, but I do wonder if they had seen what they considered disturbing flaws in their son while he was growing up -- this is not to include his possibly being gay, in my eyes, but perhaps in theirs. What might they be thinking. Just wondering. I feel sorry for them -- all they can do is to try to support their son and to be good parents to him. And mourn for the whole situation. Their grandchildren, so sweet and trusting, are just plain gone. SMH.

Family annihilator men usually are one of four types
Self righteous*feels someone specific is the blame for family demise like spouse and usually call or tell them of their plan
Paranoid*feels outside threat danger to family like the government
Anomic *feels disappointed by external event like loss of job
Disappointed *feels let down by his family deserted
Most murders are by white men in 30’s no criminal record.
I do not see CW as any of those types,
Not self righteous - he was not blaming SW for demise he was in another relationship ready to IMO move on
Not paranoid - not a gun collecting man isolated with family in a cabin thinking government is coming
Disappointed- not deserted or disappointed again moving on in current relationship
Anomic - was not disappointed by loss of job that he felt was affecting his status.
Women that kill children
Types
Actively psychotic ex post partum depression
Death unplanned ex dui wreck
Child not wanted ex Susan Smith
Warped reality thinking they would be better off dead
Revenge on spouse * example husband leaving her
Did SW seek revenge on her spouse ?

When mothers kill kids, twisted altruism may be factor, experts say
Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57