Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does temporary insanity last?
I work in a mental health unit, where patients are sectioned under the mental health act. They can be there for months and are hearing voices, even with medication, voices that are commanding them to go out and hurt people but they have not listened to the voices and actually hurt anybody. I don’t believe for a minute he had temporary insanity.

Did CW play football? Maybe has CTE?[/QUOT
Did anyone wonder if CW had a vasectomy that SW did not know about? She was not on birth control and was definitely a mothering type but CW was not wanting more debt and responsibility. If he had at the beginning of the 5 week separation, then how was he the father of expected baby ?

How would her gushing about him on her account cause him to close his account. I think it is something else.

Yeah. That doesn't make sense.

I think it was either:

1. Didn't want his affair to see any continued connection to SW or;
2. Wanted to erase all reminders of the life he had grown tired of and was planning to destroy.

Family annihilator men usually are one of four types
Self righteous*feels someone specific is the blame for family demise like spouse and usually call or tell them of their plan
Paranoid*feels outside threat danger to family like the government
Anomic *feels disappointed by external event like loss of job
Disappointed *feels let down by his family deserted
Most murders are by white men in 30’s no criminal record.
I do not see CW as any of those types,

RSBM, We don't know that CW wasn't disappointed, and didn't blame SW for their marriage not working, he very well could have. He may also have been paranoid about things that we don't know of.

Is that pretty seriously private? IE do they ever leak autopsy items?

It would be a serious ethical violation to leak something that was said in camera. It is considered outside the court record and certainly not in the public record. In day to day litigation it usually comes up when someone makes a claim of attorney-client privilege and the other side disputes it. The judge alone will decide if the communication or document is privileged after the parties argue it in chambers.

Leaking something that was said during an in camera discussion could result in sanctions against the attorney personally or the judge finding the person in contempt of court. You could even risk a mistrial because of misconduct. The vast majority of attorneys do take their duties seriously, even in very high-profile and contentious cases.

Sorry if I’m way behind, I haven’t caught up completely with this thread. I have watched the Santa video and seen the time out picture of Cece and Bella and I just wanted to say from the video I think Shannan was a fantastic mommy. She had so much patience and went to so much effort for her girls, I don’t think she was mean in any way. All of my children were afraid of Santa as toddlers and they all cried when they first seen him, I didn’t immeadiatly scoop them up away from him. Also when my children were little I was advised to use a naughty step or time out when they were throwing tantrums, unfortunately I didn’t have the patience to follow it through so my house has always been like a Mad House ! . IMO using time out rather than screaming and shouting at your kids is good parenting.
If I had small kids I'd suggest going in with the neighbors and getting a renta claus who visits both houses. That way the Daddies will be visible, and kids in the other house might be seen which always brings up a little competition between kids. Or both families meet them together. The little ones will do what the big ones do, and none will be faced with a weird looking guy who sounds like Dad.

Last edited:
I absolutely believe his family would and is likely working hard to gather as much funds as they can for their precious boy.
Why would you think that ? I have not seen any indication of change in either prosecution or defense team . I saw several fundraisers SW family has done for travel for the trial and I understand that . It seems CW family has lost grandchildren , a daughter in law and as a result their son. I am not sure if you mean it against his family by using The odd choice of words “precious son” to my knowledge in the media they have been silent.

We don't know that CW wasn't disappointed, and didn't blame SW for their marriage not working, he very well could have. He may also have been paranoid about things that we don't know of.
DBM, confusion on my part.

Last edited:
Yes definitely incorrect. I forgot how we found out but we did upthread.
I was suspicious of that as well. I’ve read he worked in a car dealership at one point
My guess would be absolutely bc she would not be able to tag him on post any longer

I wonder, when she came home from her AZ trip that morning if she wasn’t already anticipating a problem. Hopefully cell phone communications between the two will be revealed during the trial.

Self righteous*feels someone specific is the blame for family demise like spouse and usually call or tell them of their plan
Not self righteous - he was not blaming SW for demise he was in another relationship ready to IMO move on
Not paranoid - not a gun collecting man isolated with family in a cabin thinking government is coming
Disappointed- not deserted or disappointed again moving on in current relationship
Anomic - was not disappointed by loss of job that he felt was affecting his status.
Women that kill children
Types
Actively psychotic ex post partum depression
Death unplanned ex dui wreck
Child not wanted ex Susan Smith
Warped reality thinking they would be better off dead
Revenge on spouse * example husband leaving her
Did SW seek revenge on her spouse ?

When mothers kill kids, twisted altruism may be factor, experts say
Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

That's true but that's one study and those are mostly the ones who killed themselves along with their families.

They were out of hope.

That's why PommyMommy has been creating a spreadsheet on family annihilators who don't kill themselves.

Their motivations appear to be different from the four listed above. Their motivations seem to be much colder, more about wanting freedom, freedom from the shackles and responsibilities family, free from an unwanted pregnancy, free from financial burdens and free to screw around.

And while CW tends to fit the pattern of those family annihilators who don't kill themselves, men we have repeatedly listed, SW does NOT fit the pattern for the very rare woman who kills her kids for revenge purposes.

From what we know this far, not close.

I would have to think that she did. I would assume she tagged him in many of her Facebook posts & if his account had been deactivated she wouldn't have been able to do that.
I recall AB did a timeline on SW facebook videos concluding they dropped off dramatically, curious if this corresponds with CW deleting his FB?

Not self righteous - he was not blaming SW for demise he was in another relationship ready to IMO move on
Not paranoid - not a gun collecting man isolated with family in a cabin thinking government is coming
Disappointed- not deserted or disappointed again moving on in current relationship
Anomic - was not disappointed by loss of job that he felt was affecting his status.
Women that kill children
Types
Actively psychotic ex post partum depression
Death unplanned ex dui wreck
Child not wanted ex Susan Smith
Warped reality thinking they would be better off dead
Revenge on spouse * example husband leaving her
Did SW seek revenge on her spouse ?

When mothers kill kids, twisted altruism may be factor, experts say
Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK
We don't know he was leaving her, and it is just as likely that she said, ok then get your butt out of the house and go to your lover, I already know who it is, that "gal" you work with...... You can't do much in the love department anyway. Wham!!! He knows she's right and murders them all. (Sorry, PG 13 vocabulary) IMO There is NOTHING that makes a weak, cowardly man angrier than a derogatory reference to the family jewels and how they operate. Or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member