Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS Evening News‏Verified account @CBSEveningNews

'Investigators say Maddox Ritch's father was the last person to see him. They were together at a North Carolina park on Saturday. The father told police that Maddox wandered off while walking around a lake, which investigators are now draining. https://cbsn.ws/2Q7ioW7 '

CBS Evening News on Twitter

*Video at link

So the other person that was with him (Father) didn't see what happened, didn't they (whoever they are) chase Maddox, too?, because according to this that is what they want us to believe.

It's a wide, flat paved path, about a mile and a half total. You can see the whole loop from almost anywhere on it. There is one corner that goes behind a public works building where you might lose sight of someone briefly but that's about it. It certainly is possible someone could get lost from the trail, but it's not very likely as there's little concealment on the trail itself.
However, there are some woods on the outside of the loop, some of them dense and swampy. There's an old structure of some sort behind the public works building, fenced off. I posted a photo upthread of the woods. They are swampy and creeks run through as well. IMO, it would be possible for a small child to get lost in there, but to remain lost for this long seems less likely. If there are holes or deep areas in the swamp, it would be more possible for sure.
Thank you, HeartOfGranite. I will go back in the thread to find your post with the pic.

One of Ritch’s parents and two other adults were walking on the back side of the lake at the park when Maddox took off running and got out of their sight, police told Fox 46. When the group of adults wasn’t quickly able to locate the boy, they called 911.

Three adults and none of them could catch him or locate him

CBS Evening News‏Verified account @CBSEveningNews

'Investigators say Maddox Ritch's father was the last person to see him. They were together at a North Carolina park on Saturday. The father told police that Maddox wandered off while walking around a lake, which investigators are now draining. https://cbsn.ws/2Q7ioW7 '

CBS Evening News on Twitter

*Video at link
Maybe this was not worded right, but CBS reporter said that Maddox's father was the last to see him. Wasn't there a friend of the Dad's who also was the last to see him with the father?

So the other person that was with him (Father) didn't see what happened, didn't they (whoever they are) chase Maddox, too?, because according to this that is what they want us to believe.
Aha, you caught that, too? That stood out to me for some reason. Maybe the reporter missed that detail about the friend?

‘An interview you'll only on Ch. 9, The father of 6-year-old Maddox Ritch spoke overnight about the day he says his son vanished, the search & the rumors surrounding Maddox's disappearance Download the @wsoctv news app to watch the entire raw interview on WEB EXTRA: Father of missing boy opens up in interview with Good Morning America

Erika Hammond on Twitter

During that interview when asked about what he did yesterday with LE, he said that he went back to the park with FBI agents. They walked around and he showed them how everything happened.

He said, “We did a walk around the park.. showing them how everything went the night..the day, everything happened”.

One of Ritch’s parents and two other adults were walking on the back side of the lake at the park when Maddox took off running and got out of their sight, police told Fox 46. When the group of adults wasn’t quickly able to locate the boy, they called 911.

Three adults and none of them could catch him or locate him
So now it was three adults and not two- Dad and two friends instead of one friend?

This can be nerve wracking and sends your mind into a direction that is not pleasant. This is another change in details, the other one was another reporter stating that the father was the last to see him.

So now we have:

Father and friend last to see him- this was told in the beginning
Father last to see him
and now, father and TWO adults last to see him

During that interview when asked about what he did yesterday with LE, he said that he went back to the park with FBI agents. They walked around and he showed them how everything happened.

He said, “We did a walk around the park.. showing them how everything went the night..the day, everything happened”.
Respectfully bolded by me above:

the night, the day? Um, were they there all day and night? Am I the only one confused by this comment? Am I misinterpreting the father's comment?

So now it was three adults and not two- Dad and two friends instead of one friend?

This can be nerve wracking and sends your mind into a direction that is not pleasant. This is another change in details, the other one was another reporter stating that the father was the last to see him.

So now we have:

Father and friend last to see him- this was told in the beginning
Father last to see him
and now, father and TWO adults last to see him

The first report I saw the day after he was missing said father and two other adults. Then several sources said father and another adult chased after Maddox but lost sight of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa