Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
....but they couldn't trust him because sometimes he'd duck under the water and not come up--they'd have to pull him back up. He didn't really understandd why he had to stay above water...
Yeah, I can see where that might happen. Unless he chokes and swallows water he might not get that concrete experience of danger. But who is gonna let their kid near drown for that.

In my case it might have gone easier because of the access to the pool. Everyday, multiple times. Kind of like hab maybe. So we were lucky in that.

Ps. I don't know the proper etiquette for altering someone's post.

Reporter "Do you have any reason to doubt the fathers story?
transscribed answer:
Welsh (sighs) "I would say that uh we've worked very hard with him and with the uh his Maddox's mom and uh we feel very confident that a lot of the information that they provided to us is accurate and it's helped us in a great deal in finding out where the last place we saw Maddox."

So there is information that is not accurate and helpful

One thing that's bothering me right now is that LE are still asking people who were in the park that day to come forward so they can complete their timeline.

I guess part of the problem might be that when people are wandering around a park they tend to be relaxed and not checking the time every five minutes, they're not on a schedule and easily lose track of time, so they can tell you they were at the park but maybe not exactly what time they were in which part of the park.

But if there's an abductor, then tying down at what time Maddox could have been in which part of the park could be so important.

Reporter "Do you have any reason to doubt the fathers story?
transscribed answer:
Welsh (sighs) "I would say that uh we've worked very hard with him and with the uh his Maddox's mom and uh we feel very confident that a lot of the information that they provided to us is accurate and it's helped us in a great deal in finding out where the last place we saw Maddox."

So there is information that is not accurate and helpful
I get the feeling LE is frustrated by dad's...lets say...unusual demeanor (whether due to developmental differences, other medical issues, or other). Like, he hasn't found him to be untruthful, but just doesn't quite believe him.

Could someone who is not thrilled about Ian's relationship and knows Maddox have got his attention and ran off with him?
Anything is possible, but with all the FBI involvement I would think they would have come forward by now? Unfortunately, it is more likely this handsome little fellow is in the lake. Oh how I pray I'm wrong.

I have an autistic 7 year old boy who until fairly recently was also non-verbal.
I have a few thoughts which are entirely MOO.
-“why would you let your autistic child be any distance away from you”
In my experience with autism the children are extremely routine orientated. They display the same behaviour pretty much consistently. Dad says that he would run ahead and then stop to let him catch up. This was Maddox’s routine. Dad had no reason to think it would change, ESPECIALLY because of the autism factor.
-“Autistic children feel no fear”
My neurotypical children will panic if they lose sight of me (shops, playgrounds etc). My autistic child doesn’t have that fear. He will happily carry on playing or looking at something that interests him. My child has a fear of loud noises.
-“Why couldn’t the father catch him”
If my son was 30 feet away and took off at a sprint I could hand on heart say I probably couldn’t catch him unless he stopped. My son was/is a runner but my son would not wait until you caught up. When walking I hold onto the hood of his coat, his hand, his shoulder.
-“why would he empty his pockets”
Because he was going to run after him and catch him when the boy stopped. It wasn’t immediate life threatening danger.
This is all MOO
I’ve attached a picture of the story provided by my sons autism worker, we read this together often. It’s about running away from mum or dad

Attachments

• 7B785388-4825-43E9-8A36-50132B82DEE1.jpeg
    7B785388-4825-43E9-8A36-50132B82DEE1.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 37
I have an autistic 7 year old boy who until fairly recently was also non-verbal.
I have a few thoughts which are entirely MOO.
-“why would you let your autistic child be any distance away from you”
In my experience with autism the children are extremely routine orientated. They display the same behaviour pretty much consistently. Dad says that he would run ahead and then stop to let him catch up. This was Maddox’s routine. Dad had no reason to think it would change, ESPECIALLY because of the autism factor.
-“Autistic children feel no fear”
My neurotypical children will panic if they lose sight of me (shops, playgrounds etc). My autistic child doesn’t have that fear. He will happily carry on playing or looking at something that interests him. My child has a fear of loud noises.
-“Why couldn’t the father catch him”
If my son was 30 feet away and took off at a sprint I could hand on heart say I probably couldn’t catch him unless he stopped. My son was/is a runner but my son would not wait until you caught up. When walking I hold onto the hood of his coat, his hand, his shoulder.
-“why would he empty his pockets”
Because he was going to run after him and catch him when the boy stopped. It wasn’t immediate life threatening danger.
This is all MOO
I’ve attached a picture of the story provided by my sons autism worker, we read this together often. It’s about running away from mum or dad
Point one : true

Point two: true

Point three: totally. My son isn't a runner, but neither am I. If he did run I would never catch him.

Point four: true

“Once I saw him start to really take off running I took the stuff out of my pockets and handed it to her [his girlfriend] to hold for me, and I took off running after him.”

The interviewer missed a trick here. You should have had him explain what "The stuff" is.
Would you care what was in your pockets? This is extraneous information, unnecessary. Yet its on his mind. Why? It's important to him, again, why?

My hinky meter is not pinging with this one. I think they will find him in the lake or behind a tree or something :(

I would hand over my phone and keys before running after my kid, because I wouldn't be expecting my kid to totally disappear, I'd be expecting to run after them or get them to stop and wouldn't want to drop my phone or lose my keys.

Amber Roberts‏ @AmberFOX46

''#Maddox #Ritch. The world is praying for your safe return. Here's just one look at how. @FOX46News'

Amber Roberts on Twitter

*Video at link

Amber Roberts‏ @AmberFOX46

'Being here was emotional for every person in the room, including myself. We all want to see #Maddox #Ritch found. Prayers are going up in the hopes that a blessing will come down for the missing boy and his family. @FOX46News'

Prayers offered up for Maddox Ritch as search enters 6th day

Amber Roberts on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members