Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if the FBI doesn’t conclude their investigation in a week? I fear this decision will open the door to further delays and the possibility of crazies coming out of the woodwork to perpetrate more investigative delays. IMO

LOL @ “perpetrate”

Blaming alleged victims for potentially coming forward like it’s their fault a full FBI investigation wasn’t done in the first place.

That’s rich, imo.

The FBI did NOT say their investigation was closed & nothing more could be done.

In fact, the FBI issued a statement saying that they had simply added Blasey's letter to K's background check file, but could not do more without the president explicitly requesting that additional investigation be done.

Trump did not, has not made that request. President Bush WAS requested - by Senators on both sides of the aisle- to reopen Thomas's background check and to investigate Anita Hill's allegations. I've heard/read Senators & Senate aides from that time saying there was never any disagreement or tension about the need to do so. It was a given.

What changed in this case is the question to ask.

I hope Flake's demand for an investigation is honored (if I understand what's going on correctly).

The FBI needs to investigate. Everyone should welcome such an investigation. And the necessity of everyone believing what the FBI finds (if it happens) is absolutely why attacks on the FBI and the politization of the FBI is so incredibly dangerous and wrong.
Hill/Thomas FBI was mandated as they were both employed by the Federal government. Do people not know that or do you think it it consciously being ignored? I don't mean this as an attack on you or anyone, I am genuinely curious and mystified over that one.

LOL @ “perpetrate”

Blaming alleged victims for potentially coming forward like it’s their fault a full FBI investigation wasn’t done in the first place.

That’s rich, imo.

Yes, perpetrate.

It is obvious that you feel strongly about this, but the problem is there is no proof. It is she says, he says. No other witnesses to say it happened. No forensic evidence to say it happened. Nothing besides her memories and his memories. (Oh and possibly a person here or there, they may or may not have been there, but claim they don't remember it ever happening.... thing is, how do you prove that they can remember if they say they cannot?)
Even if the FBI investigated, how would it be proven? I would think that the chances of him being prosecuted would be slim, the chance of him being convicted are slim to none. This is different then say Bill Cosby who had victims come forward well before he was ever taken to court. He also had a ton of victims come forward.

https://opsvaw.as.uky.edu/sites/default/files/07_Rape_Prosecution.pdf

if i am getting this right

much more will come out

very bad things about this guy

100,000 documents were withheld

so

many more disgusting things will come out about this creep

we shall see

It's the standard Websleuths TOS ... you may discuss what is said in MSM about the main case players. If there is information about, or statements by the accusers in MSM, that may be discussed.

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

What you cannot do is speculate negatively about or cast aspersions against the victims.

Any questions, please send a private message to WS staff.

Many college applications ask for an essay describing a challenge the student overcame. The college isn't reading the essay to scrutinize every detail of the challenging situation (though expect the details are true as students are expected to submit honest work), but instead is looking at details in the essay to understand the character of the student.

Likewise, the information that Dr. Ford shared wasn't to charge him with a crime, but to let the decision makers know about problems with his character. imo

jmo

What an Awesome Post! For me, this is what it comes down to.

I did believe Dr. Ford more than BC, but I have listened to others who believe different. Who Knows.

Thanks, carry on! :)

Sad. A woman can come forward with a credible claim of sexual assault but if the accused is a Yale graduate, cries, throw tantrums, insults women, and LIES he can get away with it and get confirmed to Supreme Court, enabled by more men. It takes women in this country back 100 years which is what Cryin' Brett wants to do by taking their reproductive rights. He even wrongly referred to contraceptives as "abortion causing drugs" during his testimony. Unbelievable in 2018.

THIS ^^^^^^ preach ...yes

Everyone,

You all know enough about Websleuths to know we do not allow sarcastic flippant remarks for both sides of the case here.

You have your right to believe whichever story you want. You cannot, however, trash either side.

I know you want me to give you a more detailed answer but I can't.

Discuss like adults, don't insult either side and stick the facts as you believe them to be.

It would be great if we could keep this thread open but if it even begins to look like there are going to be problems and the thread starts taking time away from other
forum issues I will shut it down pronto.

I really do not want to do that so please everyone discuss but don't argue OK?

<modsnip> I personally believe this is a political witch-hunt and with witch-hunt come falsehoods, IMO.

I did not state anything negative about any victims named in the hearing. I merely suggested my concerns going forward about the possibility of continued delays due to some new allegations casting falsehoods against BK. All claims will need to be investigated to determine credibility - equates to more delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Editors: It is time for the Kavanaugh nomination to be withdrawn

...We continue to support the nomination of judges according to such principles—but Judge Kavanaugh is not the only such nominee available. For the good of the country and the future credibility of the Supreme Court in a world that is finally learning to take reports of harassment, assault and abuse seriously, it is time to find a nominee whose confirmation will not repudiate that lesson...

Magazine of Jesuits urges withdrawal of Kavanaugh nomination

Religious magazine rescinds endorsement of Brett Kavanaugh after sexual assault testimony

Last edited:
<modsnip: snipped quote and response to it> I really don't care if there is more investigation. The candidate's own behavior in the hearing and certainly his reaction yesterday tell me enough about him to not want him on the Supreme Court. I think what we saw of him is what his true character is - and I find it unworthy of the position he's nominated for.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, that guy was in the news cycle for a day or less. It was quickly dismissed.

Yes, people come out with wrong info or for wrong reasons. That's true. And, they are usually rather quickly determined not to be credible.

This is not the case with Dr. Ford.

Having said all that, I really don't care if there is more investigation. The candidate's own behavior in the hearing and certainly his reaction yesterday tell me enough about him to not want him on the Supreme Court. I think what we saw of him is what his true character is - and I find it unworthy of the position he's nominated for.

jmo

I don’t care about more investigations either providing they are done for the right reasons and not done for the sole purpose of intentionally delaying a nomination until after the Nov. election. IMO

The Editors: It is time for the Kavanaugh nomination to be withdrawn

...We continue to support the nomination of judges according to such principles—but Judge Kavanaugh is not the only such nominee available. For the good of the country and the future credibility of the Supreme Court in a world that is finally learning to take reports of harassment, assault and abuse seriously, it is time to find a nominee whose confirmation will not repudiate that lesson...

Right. My suggestion is separation of church and state, and follow up with that anything opposed by the Catholic church must be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member