Found Deceased Australia - Kristie Powell, 39, Bellambi NSW 4th October, 2018

So those not familiar with the area (like me) can visually see the type of area in which he was apprehended.
There are two road bridges and one pedestrian bridge near the station ... he was apparently spotted at a demountable building/under a bridge near the station prior to being apprehended while trying to cross a road.

I imagine police may have been watching him for a while, waiting for him to emerge so they could safely nab him.

Google Earth pic from August 2018
2nth8xf.jpg

OK I am not good with maps. But here we go, I hope I make sense.
Google image attached - road works in progress. They are now completed.
Left to right of screen - a one way fly over heading to Newcastle (east)
If you are coming from Newcastle direction you just keep on going through the round about, no bridge to cross in that direction. If you want to go to the town center you head over the original bridge that crosses over the rail line.
The blue circle area is the signal box (well the roof) and the other marked area is where I think he may have been located.

As was pointed out back thread a large and busy park, just across the road from the station. A raised walkway the safest route to get across the busy road. If that is the road he was attempting to cross he would have been dodging a weaving at 4pm in the afternoon...imo

Attachments

• signal box.png
    signal box.png
    671.9 KB · Views: 21
  • maitland station surrounds.jpg
    maitland station surrounds.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OK I am not good with maps. But here we go, I hope I make sense.
Google image attached - road works in progress. They are now completed.
Left to right of screen - a one way fly over heading to Newcastle (east)
If you are coming from Newcastle direction you just keep on going through the round about, no bridge to cross in that direction. If you want to go to the town center you head over the original bridge that crosses over the rail line.
The blue circle area is the signal box (well the roof) and the other marked area is where I think he may have been located.

As was pointed out back thread a large and busy park, just across the road from the station. A raised walkway the safest route to get across the busy road. If that is the road he was attempting to cross he would have been dodging a weaving at 4pm in the afternoon...imo
unbelievable such a busy area. hiding in plan sight.
I bet when he landed him self there it wasn't in the afternoon! :D

I think it's Wollongong. I grew up there... lake Illawarra perhaps, given the mountains in the background and lack of sand in the foreground
Bhanu walked the dogs with Kristie and others over a 4 month period. It would have been taken in Wollongong back in the day when he was working for Kristie. He bacame obsessed over the last 2 years and according to friends of his, his total demeaner changed within the last 12 months.
It’s so sad knowing that Kristie was so open to inviting these people to her home most likely trusting that these people were nice and genuine. Argh it’s so sad

Bhanu walked the dogs with Kristie and others over a 4 month period. It would have been taken in Wollongong back in the day when he was working for Kristie. He bacame obsessed over the last 2 years and according to friends of his, his total demeaner changed within the last 12 months.
It’s so sad knowing that Kristie was so open to inviting these people to her home most likely trusting that these people were nice and genuine. Argh it’s so sad

It's a long way from Bellambi to Lake illawarra (40-50km?). Yes so sad she let him in. Wonder whether he's a drug user? I looked back quickly and think i saw somebody already bring that up. Bellambi point has a couple of areas where there is no sand - i'm not sure if you can see to Saddleback from there, which would be the only mountains in that direction, if the shot was taken in Bellami.

Bellambi has been a high drug use area in the past - but the same with the immediate surrounding suburbs. We used to drive there to get little sticks of maryJ when we were old teens! :O it doesn't have a great rep. Housing is relatively cheap compared with the rest of the northern suburbs, especially as you spread north past Bulli

edited for age disclosure

Last edited:
Yes so sad she let him in.

I don't think that Kristie let him in on that night. I think that after receiving messages from him saying Die Kristie Die, and reporting him to the police, she would have known not to let him in.
I think it is likely that he forced his way into the house, perhaps after she opened the door to see who was knocking and then tried to hold it closed as he tried to force his way in.

Police say the front door was torn from its hinges.
Mum's stalker 'not a serious threat' before she was found dead at home

I don't think that Kristie let him in on that night. I think that after receiving messages from him saying Die Kristie Die, and reporting him to the police, she would have known not to let him in.
I think it is likely that he forced his way into the house, perhaps after she opened the door to see who was knocking and then tried to hold it closed as he tried to force his way in.

Yes i believe so too. I mean i am sorry she let him in (to her life & dog walking etc)

I feel sorry for her when nothing was done by police after reporting those messages. It seems to be all too common that nothing is done unless some 'violence' has already occurred. Is this true? Does anyone know wrt to stalkers? It's what i've heard but could be wrong...

I feel sorry for her when nothing was done by police after reporting those messages. It seems to be all too common that nothing is done unless some 'violence' has already occurred. Is this true? Does anyone know wrt to stalkers? It's what i've heard but could be wrong...

It seems that no matter what we do it does not stop this violence against women and children.

Restraining orders and warnings do not seem to stop the perpetrators. Staying in public places does not always seem to help either (thinking of Luke Batty).
When people are charged with violence, they do not seem to get much/any jail time.
When they are told to stay away from their victims, they find their way back if they want to.

I don't know what else we can do. We have tried White Ribbon, had renown men publicly speaking out against violence against women and children, tried to raise the profile by PSAs, instituted stalking laws ....
If only our culture would truly honour women and children - ALL women and children - then maybe the violence against them would cease or subside.

SIX women dead in five days! All from violence perpetrated against them. :(

As I write this, six women have been killed in the last five days. By the time you read it, there could well be more dead women making a small blip in the news cycle, but a blip is all they’ll get. No outpouring of national grief and rage. Just a blip. Compassion fatigue, it’s called, apparently.
Six women dead in five days. There is no doubting men’s capacity for rage, so why are they not raging about this?
Six women killed in five days, you need to engage with this crisis
9 October 2018

Last edited:
It seems that no matter what we do it does not stop this violence against women and children.

Restraining orders and warnings do not seem to stop the perpetrators. Staying in public places does not always seem to help either (thinking of Luke Batty).
When people are charged with violence, they do not seem to get much/any jail time.
When they are told to stay away from their victims, they find their way back if they want to.

I don't know what else we can do. We have tried White Ribbon, had renown men publicly speaking out against violence against women and children, tried to raise the profile by PSAs, instituted stalking laws ....
If only our culture would truly honour women and children - ALL women and children - then maybe the violence against them would cease or subside.

SIX women dead in five days! All from violence perpetrated against them. :(

As I write this, six women have been killed in the last five days. By the time you read it, there could well be more dead women making a small blip in the news cycle, but a blip is all they’ll get. No outpouring of national grief and rage. Just a blip. Compassion fatigue, it’s called, apparently.
Six women dead in five days. There is no doubting men’s capacity for rage, so why are they not raging about this?
Six women killed in five days, you need to engage with this crisis
9 October 2018

Yes 6 women dead in 5 days, & now i see the topic headlining some MSM is about men's suicide. WTH is going on? Kill another, or yourself, or both? Just too freakin crazy! Both domestic violence against women & children, and men's suicide, needs more attention & intervention theres' no doubt about that :( I'm afraid ICE is infiltrating our men & women, in too many towns & cities, and they can no longer be safe from each other :( MOO

modified to include kids :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa