Found Deceased Canada - Kaden Young, 3, swept away in flood waters, Grand Valley, Ont, 21 Feb 2018 *arrest*

I didn't follow this one closely but my heart. how utterly horrifying for both mom and baby :(

Oh, no. Rest easy, sweet boy
. Thoughts & prayers for Kaden's family & those involved with recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

[h=1]OPP charges mother of Kaden Young with assaulting toddler’s father[/h]
Police have charged Kaden Young’s mother with assaulting the toddler’s father a little more than a week before the three-year-old’s body was found in the Grand River.

When contacted by The Banner, Dufferin OPP Const. Paul Nancekivell declined to release further details about the incident. According to court documents, the charge relates to an alleged incident on April 12.

The charge has not been proven in court. The accused made her first court appearance in Orangeville on May 1 and is scheduled to return on May 29.

The OPP’s investigation into the incident is ongoing. Nancekivell said the results of the autopsy will be forwarded onto the OPP’s crime unit, which is co-ordinating the investigation.

“It would be given to the family, as well,” he explained. “It is not public information.”
https://www.orangeville.com/news-st...kaden-young-with-assaulting-toddler-s-father/

BREAKING, MOTHER CHARGED.
Mom charged in death of toddler swept away in Grand River
"October 11, 2018 1:57PM EDT
The mother of a three-year-old boy who was swept away by a fast-moving current after the vehicle they were travelling in went into the Grand River near Orangeville in February, is now facing charges in connection with the collision, including impaired driving causing death.

Three-year-old Kaden Young was with his mother in the early morning hours of Feb. 21 when the minivan she was driving went into the water."

BREAKING, MOTHER CHARGED.
"October 11, 2018 1:57PM EDT
The mother of a three-year-old boy who was swept away by a fast-moving current after the vehicle they were travelling in went into the Grand River near Orangeville in February, is now facing charges in connection with the collision, including impaired driving causing death.

Three-year-old Kaden Young was with his mother in the early morning hours of Feb. 21 when the minivan she was driving went into the water."

So terrible. What a tragedy.

It was a stupid story by mom imo. Was not able to say that until now.

I'm happy a thorough investigation was done - accounting for the time it took to lay charges. Not sure I can stomach the details that will come out at trial.

Interesting that the above article states "investigators previously said that the boy slipped from his mother’s arms as they tried to escape from the vehicle." I wonder what the real story is and what the cause of death is?
So far it's looking like mom was too high/drunk to use good judgement when she chose to go through the barrier that closed off the road. But that April 24 arrest for assault on Kaden's dad is awfully close in time to the accident. It happened on April 12. There may be nothing nefarious but it's thought-provoking. Was mom imbibing due to tensions between her and Kaden's dad? Were her reflexes impaired? Was there something more?

According to this article the Crown Attorney's office in Orangeville guided OPP as to what charges to bring. IOW, what could be proven in court. IMO LE may have additional suspicions about that night but they'd need solid evidence to back it up. MOO.
When asked why it took nearly eight months to lay charges, Dufferin OPP Const. Paul Nancekivell said police were awaiting the results of forensic tests to come back. He also noted investigators sought the "approval" of the Crown Attorney's office in Orangeville before formally laying any charges.

"We had to run it through them. They basically directed us those are the charges to be laid," Nancekivell said. "If they don't like charges, they withdraw them. It is better with serious ones like this to get it straight from them right off the bat what they want in terms of charges. That way we're not wasting time."
Mother of Kaden Young charged by Dufferin OPP in toddler’s death
Earlier OPP said they would release the autopsy report to family and that it's not public information. I wonder if that will change because of the new charges? I guess we'll get more information on November 6.
The OPP’s investigation into the incident is ongoing. Nancekivell said the results of the autopsy will be forwarded onto the OPP’s crime unit, which is co-ordinating the investigation.

“It would be given to the family, as well,” he explained. “It is not public information.”
OPP charges mother of Kaden Young with assaulting toddler’s father
Now that she's been charged it should be okay to link her FB before everything goes poof! Note: we can read it but not discuss it here.
https://www.facebook.com/michelle.hanson.31924

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back