GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>

Something the prosecution sbould address again – an expert witness today brought up that Heather‘s telephone pinged last in the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. We had always been told it was last on at Peachtree landing.
Hope they will elaborate on this ping & will show a map of the it.

He also said that is was a faulty ping due to there not being enough towers in that area. I wonder if that's where they tossed her phone? Not being from the area, I don't know where it is in relation to any of the other events of that night.

I also wanted to add to a discussion from earlier in this thread in regard to the truck testimony and LongBeard's. Nancy made sure to point out that one of the custom options on the truck was a toolbox. I've always thought that was where they initially concealed her, whatever happened. Was it still attached to the truck when it was impounded?

<modsnipped quoted post>
Great point. Anyone considered that the marriage really was dead & maybe Tammy was trying to make Sydney jealous & convince herself that she was still desirable?
Being able to get into evidence that Tammy used both telephones was huge. Also the salesman telling how she controlled the room and is the boss.
Maybe she thought she had already destroyed her competition for Sydney. The brutally murdered Amber Berniglia could’ve been Tammy’s first victim. Unbeknownst to Tammy, Amber was leaving the country to be married but she did need wedding photographs and bridal photographs. Early on in Heather’s investigation it was mentioned that Tammy offered photography services to the employees at Tilted Kit from a bulletin board post. The only thing that came out today was a witness said she had never seen Tammy at the Tilted Kilt. Maybe Amber made an appointment with Tammy for a photography event?
Certainly is plausible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great point. Anyone considered that the marriage really was dead & maybe Tammy was trying to make Sydney jealous & convince herself that she was still desirable?
Being able to get into evidence that Tammy used both telephones was huge. Also the salesman telling how she controlled the room and is the boss.
Maybe she thought she had already destroyed her competition for Sydney. The brutally murdered Amber Berniglia could’ve been Tammy’s first victim. Unbeknownst to Tammy, Amber was leaving the country to be married but she did need wedding photographs and bridal photographs. Early on in Heather’s investigation it was mentioned that Tammy offered photography services to the employees at Tilted Kit from a bulletin board post. The only thing that came out today was a witness said she had never seen Tammy at the Tilted Kilt. Maybe Amber made an appointment with Tammy for a photography event?
Certainly is plausible.

I've always wondered about this.

<snipped>

He also said that is was a faulty ping due to there not being enough towers in that area. I wonder if that's where they tossed her phone? Not being from the area, I don't know where it is in relation to any of the other events of that night.

I also wanted to add to a discussion from earlier in this thread in regard to the truck testimony and LongBeard's. Nancy made sure to point out that one of the custom options on the truck was a toolbox. I've always thought that was where they initially concealed her, whatever happened. Was it still attached to the truck when it was impounded?
I believe the wildlife refuge is directly off of Peachtree Landing. I couldn’t figure out why they didn’t mention that. If you look on google maps, you can see the refuge is a large area, but Peachtree Landing leads right to part of it. I wonder if the phone got thrown in the water either from the Landing, or from a small boat that was used.

I've always wondered about this.
Might be good idea during this trial for the prosecutor to ascertain whether in fact Sydney (or anyone) posted a photography services post for Tammy on the bulletin board at the Tilted Kit during that Summer before Amber was murdered. Tammy also claimed to have a travel agency & Amber absolutely planned to travel.
She had just gotten her wedding dress and she was so happy about it it just stands to reason that she made an appointment to have photographs done at an outdoor venue before she left the area & moved to Europe for her wedding.
Seems like the Moorers got a new truck right around that same time.

Last edited:
Something the prosecution sbould address again – an expert witness today brought up that Heather‘s telephone pinged last in the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. We had always been told it was last on at Peachtree landing.
Hope they will elaborate on this ping & will show a map of the it.
We had always been told her phone was last on at Peachtree Landing & this expert states that as well but added the info about the last ping.
Someone should explain the date of the ping, who got it, and also whether or not that area was searched for the phone and for Heather, by whom & when.
Having all of the facts available will help as opposed to just bits and pieces.

About the Refuge - Waccamaw - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Attachments

• Map.JPG
    Map.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 13
<snipped for brevity>

Tammy also claimed to have a travel agency & Amber absolutely planned to travel.

IIRC, her travel business was only for Disney things and through Disney. She wouldn't have been able to book, for example, a wedding at an exclusive resort in Cabo.

Edit: I feel a bit conspicuous (that's not quite the right word, but I'm having trouble grabbing the right one) for posting so much on this trial the past few days. I busted my knee a few weeks ago and the small fracture is in a place that can't have a cast, so I'm to be off of it for several more weeks. I have too much time on my hands! :oops:

I'm wanting to lean towards the LB dumpster theory but what about witnesses and people around? I do think however it happened they got lucky and weren't actually smart enough to pull off no one discovering her after this long. Also I believe TM did most of the thinking and dirty work.
I have to wonder, did they get lucky, or did Sidney know the sanitation routes for the restaurants that he serviced?

IIRC, her travel business was only for Disney things and through Disney. She wouldn't have been able to book, for example, a wedding at an exclusive resort in Cabo.
That's the way I remember it too.

Edit: I feel a bit conspicuous (that's not quite the right word, but I'm having trouble grabbing the right one) for posting so much on this trial the past few days. I busted my knee a few weeks ago and the small fracture is in a place that can't have a cast, so I'm to be off of it for several more weeks. I have too much time on my hands! :oops:
I'm sorry to read about your knee. Knee injuries suck! But I'm glad to see you around. :)

Well for 1, TM phone records were not given in his trial. He did not take the stand nor did she, actually no witness for the defense. His trial had the phone record experts, Walmart video, video of truck, truck experts and I think that was mostly it.
Just off the top of my head.

IMO
You are so right, lstiff, in other words, the last trial was a total cluster.

I was actually thinking that, if one of them realizes TM's trial is going worse (IMO) than his, will they make a deal to have a parent with the kids? I mean Sid is already in there so if TM weren't so arrogant, she'd be smart to take a plea and turn in evidence for the state for murder charges for SM (ie: Holly Bobo trial). But we all know she is far too arrogant for her own good.

IMO
I think that the prosecution knows that TM is the actual murderer in this case and they are not interested in a deal with her. I think they are hoping that SM throws her under the bus. JMO

The third from last location record was near a containment pond near Peachtree Landing.

I don't recall hearing about this containment pond before.

Catching up from todays testimony.

A containment pond? Hmmmmmmm

Is this a new place that needs a thorough search and an underwater search in the pond? Maybe its near the gravel quarry area close to PTL.

I havent ever heard about this pond either. Very interesting. Years ago I did lots of searching with google and found interesting areas around Peach Tree Landing heading due East and there was a housing development not far from PTL that the M's used to know about from years before. But I never heard about this containment pond until now. Quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duffy411