GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting from a thread from 2014 so I can’t quote it properly, copy/paste instead:

hoppy said:
Basically what I posted earlier was the jest of it.

SM's attorney stated that SM was the one who told LE about TM's texts to Heather (which led to the IE charges). He stated that he isn't sure why SM was charged with OJ - as he felt that SM was attempting to be upfront (after getting caught telling some untruths).

They stated that there had been a 5k ATM withdrawal. Defense attorney's said 'prove it'. They didn't say anything about the 10k in cash that LE found in the home safe.

They made it clear they have searched in VERY DETAILED manner (using specialized equipment which is basically an 'ultrasound of the river bottom') at PTL and NOTHING of Heather's was found.

The solicitor stated the FBI had taken the video survellaince and came back with a list of things to identify 'the vehicle' in the videos:

Ford 150
2013-14
Dark Color
Silver Toolbox
Moon/Sunroof
Fog lights
Specific High End bulb headlights

They found there were 82 of these vehicles. They visually inspected them all and they were ALL excluded EXCEPT for the Moorer vehicle.

They said that both SM and TM have Florida state Identification cards. The defense attorney said it was so they could 'cash their checks' when in FL. They also stated that TM was asking someone if they had a 'hook up' to get them new FL id's.

SM's attorney stated that as this goes along you will find NO EVIDENCE that:

SM was in 'the vehicle'
SM was at PTL
SM was a part of any of this.

He stated the evidence will show that SM had an affair with Heather until October. He said that SM had NO MOTIVE - that SM liked Heather.

TM's attorney said something about his client thinking that someone had 'spoofed her phone' and that she wasn't responsible for some of the calls, texts, etc made on the phone. "Someone was pretending to be them".

——
Has this 5k withdrawal been mentioned during the trial, and I missed it? I’m very curious as to why they made it...timing is suspect. Expecting bond money to be required?

They stated that there had been a 5k ATM withdrawal. Defense attorney's said 'prove it'. They didn't say anything about the 10k in cash that LE found in the home safe.
——
Has this 5k withdrawal been mentioned during the trial, and I missed it? I’m very curious as to why they made it...timing is suspect. Expecting bond money to be required?
RSBM: I vaguely remember discussing that withdrawal, because we were all wondering what ATM allows you to withdraw such a large amount of cash in a day, let alone one transaction. I wondered if the withdrawal, however it was taken, was to avoid property seizure or to hide assets regarding the Medicaid fraud.

RSBM: I vaguely remember discussing that withdrawal, because we were all wondering what ATM allows you to withdraw such a large amount of cash in a day, let alone one transaction. I wondered if the withdrawal, however it was taken, was to avoid property seizure or to hide assets regarding the Medicaid fraud.

I think the withdrawal came up during the pre-trial or bond hearings?

I'm almost sure it didn't come up in Sidney's other two trials.

I think the withdrawal came up during the pre-trial or bond hearings?

I'm almost sure it didn't come up in Sidney's other two trials.
I'm digging right now. Here's a link to one of your posts, talking about @hoppy being in the courtroom. Maybe she remembers? I'll keep looking to see what I can find.

[URL="https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/sc-heather-elvis-20-myrtle-beach-18-dec-2013-30-arrest.238469/page-49#post-10358115"]SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**[/URL]

JerseyGirl said:
That's not what hoppy said. Hoppy specifically said they said in court t was a 5k ATM withdrawal. Hoppy was there in the courtroom and took notes. Some stuff was reported on in the media but some stuff hasn't made it to airwaves yet.

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis 1m1 minute ago
Spotted: Sidney Moorer’s attorney, Kirk Truslow, taking notes during Tammy Moorer’s trial. @wpdeabc15

DpUUk3EVsAAWbnX.jpg
!!!
So, does this mean there's a possibility that SM will be testifying today?

Going to post this - and keep reading - 40 more posts to read! :)

Well, according to my notes:

Saturday, October 13th:
*Eligible for Parole Oct. 13, 2018 - SC - Heather Rachel Elvis (20) (Dec. 4, 2013) - Sidney St.Clair Moorer (38/now 41) accused of obstruction of justice charge for allegedly lying to investigators about phone call on night Heather went missing & found guilty 8/30/17 rec'd 10 years with year served. Hearing would be 45-60 days after this date.
Trial for Violation of Gag Order - Tammy Caison Moorer (41/now 44) violation of gag order, no date set/also charged with kidnapping-has not gone to trial yet, no date set. 4/27/18 Both indicted for conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
7/25/18 Update: State files (6/22/18) motion to try both defendants in one trial. March, 2017 GJ indicted Sidney for kidnapping & obstruction of justice and Tammy for kidnapping. On April 27, 2018 and additional indictment against both for conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Tammy's trial started on Oct. 8, 2018.

Maybe he's also here for his parole hearing?

Parole hearing on a Saturday?

Random thought: I always thought the truck purchase was due to wanting Heather removed from their life (and TM was bugged at the idea of HE having been in the truck). Upon reflection, isn’t it possible that the reality is, they got the new truck so they could - or Tammy could - stalk Heather? I mean, how else did they know where she lived, given that she moved after they supposedly ended their involvement?

Sorry, I know this is not what the trial is currently discussing but it’s sticking in my craw and wanted to share with my WS homies.

Random thought: I always thought the truck purchase was due to wanting Heather removed from their life (and TM was bugged at the idea of HE having been in the truck). Upon reflection, isn’t it possible that the reality is, they got the new truck so they could - or Tammy could - stalk Heather? I mean, how else did they know where she lived, given that she moved after they supposedly ended their involvement?

Sorry, I know this is not what the trial is currently discussing but it’s sticking in my craw and wanted to share with my WS homies.

and they insisted on having it upgraded with tinted windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname