AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
So the neighbors shrugged it off as a possible deer or bear shooting at 1am and didn't call the police?

Please folks. Know thy neighbor and tell them to sound the alarm if they hear gun shots regardless if its a wilderness area.

Gee monetti.
If you live in the country, yes, you do shrug it off and go back to sleep or whatever you are doing. I hear gun shots a lot during the fall- it is hunting season, and yes, fools are out all hours of the day and night, shooting at deer and other animals. Up here, we truly wouldn't know about a murder until the next morning because of the hunting season. Also, you hear people shooting at animals at night for various reasons during the summer months as well. Then you have people that do target practice in their back yards, though that is during daylight hours when you hear that mostly.

Small.... This person planned this and has a place to take her all ready for them both....He has been watching, wanting, and building up his nerve for a while now.....He has made his fantasy come true.

I’m getting a similar feeling. This is what I mean, who knows what she is enduring right now.

I mean what other alternatives are there other than she was the target?

If it was a hit on her folks for some reason then maybe she was taken as a hostage so he would have some negotiating power if he didn’t make it out clean..

But with him making it out clean now, if the goal was not to abduct her for SA, then he would have either let her go or killed her by now. Because why keep her around if SA is not his gig?

Last edited:
I don’t think he’d come to the front door after midnight. The odds would be good that the homeowner would answer the door holding his own gun. What if he entered through a window to kidnap JC and she screamed or her parents woke up which lead to an unintended encounter in the house? Dad may have been shot trying to leave to get help rather than a confrontation at the front door.

I know this is awful, but I've always told my kids that if someone tries to take them by pointing a gun at them, just run. That they have a better chance of surviving a gunshot than whatever would happen to them by going along.
We've told our kids the same. To be honest, if they are going to be a victim of such a monster, I would rather that they die from running away than die after being tortured and then eventually killed. I also told them to scream their heads off, too. Fight like hell, if you have to, but don't go with them willingly.

If you live in the country, yes, you do shrug it off and go back to sleep or whatever you are doing. I hear gun shots a lot during the fall- it is hunting season, and yes, fools are out all hours of the day and night, shooting at deer and other animals. Up here, we truly wouldn't know about a murder until the next morning because of the hunting season. Also, you hear people shooting at animals at night for various reasons during the summer months as well. Then you have people that do target practice in their back yards, though that is during daylight hours when you hear that mostly.
Thanks. But the neighbors seemed startled to hear the 2 loud bangs.

I missed the front doorway in this article...

Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for Barron Co. couple; Amber Alert issued for missing daughter
Oh no..........sounds like the poor Dad was trying to protect Jayme? That might also be why the neighbors heard one loud shot and then a lower sounding shot.

We've told our kids the same. To be honest, if they are going to be a victim of such a monster, I would rather that they die from running away than die after being tortured and then eventually killed. I also told them to scream their heads off, too. Fight like hell, if you have to, but don't go with them willingly.
Exactly! And I told them the same about screaming their fool heads off. And that no "good" grownup would approach them in a car. Only "bad" grownups do that. Very bad.

Bumping this raw footage of the crime scene that is the best I've seen yet (*video at quoted link).

Also adding a couple photos showing some items that are being taken away, not sure if the items were part of the property or not, but interesting to note. Jmo

IMO, looks like a seemingly transparent object (screen?) being carried away on the left
View attachment 151408
Photo source: KatieSteiner on Twitter

A chair
View attachment 151409
Photo source: Amber Alert issued: Deputies search for Wisconsin girl whose parents are dead

Ugh. Ties on the chair. How long was he in the house? What else did he do besides murdering the parents and taking JC? :mad:

I don’t think he’d come to the front door after midnight. The odds would be good that the homeowner would answer the door holding his own gun. What if he entered through a window to kidnap JC and she screamed or her parents woke up which lead to an unintended encounter in the house? Dad may have been shot trying to leave to get help rather than a confrontation at the front door.
That’s a good point. In a rural area like that, he’d certainly be taking a risk by knocking on the front door.

I am probably wrong, but for some reason, I keep feeling like a woman was involved. Perhaps there was two people? Why I feel this way, I couldn't tell you. I have nothing to back that feeling up, no evidence of anything to make me lean this way.

I am probably wrong, but for some reason, I keep feeling like a woman was involved. Perhaps there was two people? Why I feel this way, I couldn't tell you. I have nothing to back that feeling up, no evidence of anything to make me lean this way.

Jumping off of this, and I’m not saying this is the case here at all, but fwiw I have seen in trafficking cases where a couple abducts a teen. I’ve seen this twice now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391