The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of York is allegedly furious at Meghan and Harry informing the family of their baby news at Princess Eugenie’s and Jack’s wedding. She went into a tweeting frenzy about the wedding when the baby news publicly broke.

I do admit it would have been better to have announced it on another day but I don’t think they had a choice with the Royal Australian tour. The Duchess would have been offered alcohol etc and would have had to refuse it. The Duchess also understandably can’t go to the jungle due to zika so the Royal baby news would have broken sooner rather than later.

It will be interesting to see how the Duchess of Sussex dresses whilst pregnant.

Thank you moderators for the Royal general thread it is much appreciated. Thank you to all the members for making it such a great thread.

The Duchess of York is allegedly furious at Meghan and Harry informing the family of their baby news at Princess Eugenie’s and Jack’s wedding. She went into a tweeting frenzy about the wedding when the baby news publicly broke.

I do admit it would have been better to have announced it on another day but I don’t think they had a choice with the Royal Australian tour. The Duchess would have been offered alcohol etc and would have had to refuse it. The Duchess also understandably can’t go to the jungle due to zika so the Royal baby news would have broken sooner rather than later.

It will be interesting to see how the Duchess of Sussex dresses whilst pregnant.

Thank you moderators for the Royal general thread it is much appreciated. Thank you to all the members for making it such a great thread.
Fergie should thank them for not announcing it publicly BEFORE the wedding. I think they were as discreet as possible given the timing of the Aussie tour etc. And of course the family had to be told first before it was made public, so i think they actually managed the tight time frames well.

I hope she has a lovely, healthy, enjoyable pregnancy and that all goes well with the birth. I wish the the happiest of happinesses.

I also wish the same for Eugenie and Jack, but perhaps Fergie still has to learn discretion, after all this time! :D

I think it was mean to announce when she did. She's been pregnant for months so no doubt has been refusing alcohol for some time. It could have waited a week--as we saw from the white dress she wore today, she's really not even showing.

Ahhhh, they're going to have a great time down under and get a good reception I think. I went to Taronga Zoo years ago - loved it, loved Sydney, loved Australia full stop.

I see a couple of familiar Aussie posters on thread, hi guys! Are the Royals still popular over there?

Recently in Australia there has been an increase in support for getting rid of the Monarchy with many people there with many wanting a vote on the matter. This Royal tour will give a boost in support of the Monarchy.

We are a constitutional monarchy in Australia and whilst the republican issue raises its head occasionally at this stage I don’t think our government structure will change in the near future.
The younger royals like William and Harry have certainly injected new enthusiasm for the Royals. The majority of Australians would still have genetic connection with the UK but migration over the last 50 years is rapidly changing our dynamic.

I think it was mean to announce when she did. She's been pregnant for months so no doubt has been refusing alcohol for some time. It could have waited a week--as we saw from the white dress she wore today, she's really not even showing.

I wouldn't say it was mean, but definitely ill-timed. I thought Meghan's rather plain looking blue outfit was worn so that her attire didn't upstage the bride. It seems Meghan found another way to steal the show. First time I've said anything negative about her, but I think choosing to announce her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding was thoughtless and selfish.

I wouldn't say it was mean, but definitely ill-timed. I thought Meghan's rather plain looking blue outfit was worn so that her attire didn't upstage the bride. It seems Meghan found another way to steal the show. First time I've said anything negative about her, but I think choosing to announce her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding was thoughtless and selfish.

I don't think it was announced, per se. The Queen, Phillip, William & Kate will certainly have known about it already as will some of the others. I think it's the media sensationalising it as usual. Who's to say they didn't tell Eugenie and she gave them the go-ahead to tell others face to face. And who's to say the news hadn't leaked out and Kensington Palace decided to make it official before the tabloids did. That said, I think maybe she could have waited another week, just to be on the safe side.

I don't think it was announced, per se. The Queen, Phillip, William & Kate will certainly have known about it already as will some of the others. I think it's the media sensationalising it as usual. Who's to say they didn't tell Eugenie and she gave them the go-ahead to tell others face to face. And who's to say the news hadn't leaked out and Kensington Palace decided to make it official before the tabloids did. That said, I think maybe she could have waited another week, just to be on the safe side.

Totally agree, It could have waited.

Eugenie’s dress was absolutely gorgous. Had I ( a commoner ) been able to be at either wedding/reception/party, I would have chosen Eugenie & jack’s.

Don’t get me wrong Harry & Meghan was beautiful, but I think I would have enjoyed E & J’s more.

The pregnancy announcement should not have been a part of someone else’s wedding. Jmo

The timing could have been better...
"Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been criticised for announcing their pregnancy on International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day." Grieving parents slam royals for announcing pregnancy on Baby Loss day | Metro News

I think someone messed up a bit here, or maybe they aren't listening to their advisers. Usually royal staff are on top of things like this IMO. Anyhow hope they have a lovely time in Australia. I'm jealous :)

Opinion | Meghan Markle's royal baby and the gross politics of being pregnant in public

Royal expectations demand that the Duchess of Sussex live her pregnancy journey openly and with a smile on her face.

From the article - ok, I had a chuckle over this line.

Almost everyone is pregnant in public these days, except for Kylie Jenner.

The scrutiny must be so intense in the royal fish bowl.

Meghan is in great shape. And very grounded. And, I wish for her a wonderful pregnancy. The whole pregnant on Instagram thing is crazy, but there are women like Hileria Baldwin, as obnoxious as she is sometimes, who I think are really helpful in the journey of yoga, acceptance of the changing state of her body, and all her pregnancies.

I can't imagine if Meghan were having a really hard time that they would have pressed ahead with a full on schedule.

Every single picture, both Harry and Meghan look over the moon excited and delighted.

As for announcing Meghan was with child to the family at Eugenie's wedding, I imagine there wasn't much choice, if the world thought she was pregnant, how about the wedding guests? And to me, it looks like Harry might not have been able to contain his excitement.

It wasn't a formal public announcement until after the wedding... I think it was very thoughtful not to announce it before Eugenie walked down the aisle. --Nothing can take away from just how beautiful she was.
-jmo

Last edited:

I am very surprised that she is going where there is zika. I had it as did everyone I know where I live. You need not go into a jungle.

The mosquitoes are so tiny and you do not even know you were bitten by a mosquito until you start itching. They are incredibly fast and stealth.

There are organic mosquito repellants so perhaps she will use those as mosquito dope is absorbed into the body. The skin is the largest human organ and we absorb whatever is on it.

That was my first thought too. Then I realized they left England right after the wedding and with Fiji and Tonga being on the schedule, they were no doubt taking advice about whether or not if was safe for Meghan to go to Zika infested areas.

Its almost protocol to tell the RF in person, they waited until after the wedding but the departure and possible necessity of changes altered all that......it wasn't really to upstage Eugenie it was about Zika and the threat is may be to the unborn baby.

Personally, I wouldnt go near a Zika area when pregnant. Why chance it?

That was my first thought too. Then I realized they left England right after the wedding and with Fiji and Tonga being on the schedule, they were no doubt taking advice about whether or not if was safe for Meghan to go to Zika infested areas.

Its almost protocol to tell the RF in person, they waited until after the wedding but the departure and possible necessity of changes altered all that......it wasn't really to upstage Eugenie it was about Zika and the threat is may be to the unborn baby.

Personally, I wouldnt go near a Zika area when pregnant. Why chance it?

I was thinking they may have had second thoughts about Fiji and Tonga so wanted to announce this to be free for Meghan to stay in Sydney and it not be seen as a slight. I think everyone would understand.

I certainly wouldn't go! The advice in the US is to not travel to Zika areas if you intend to get pregnant within the next 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24