AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still catching up from earlier in the day...but one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that "Jayme had attended a family gathering that day". They didn't say the family had attended it. Just her. Wondering if it has been confirmed that she is the biological child of both parents or if there might be a divorce or adoption situation here and she was visiting with bio family members. Just struck me as odd that they would say she attended a family gathering in that manner -- not that they had or that she and one of the parents had attended. Wondering if it had something to do with that -- particularly because they mentioned it.

On the living in the woods and hearing gunshots at night -- until you've been in that situation, you probably cannot understand it. I live in the rural South and I have neighbors that seem to shoot at all hours of the day and night. I think one guy gets off work and has a range set up in his back yard and shoots to blow off steam a few nights a week at around 10 pm. When I first moved here, it was weird to me, but pretty soon it became the norm. I have often said to friends that if something ever happened to someone here and LE came by to ask if I had heard anything out of the ordinary, I would honestly say 'no'...because somebody is often shooting something. Heck, I came home about 10 pm one night to see a raccoon climbing into my chicken coop and I shot it. Another time, I shot a copperhead snake -- multiple times -- and neighbors didn't bat an eye at the time, but did ask me later what all the ruckus was over at my house.

Not realistic. We live where there are coyotes and bears and foxes and you name it -- and they are pretty crafty and pretty determined. The best defense against predators getting your livestock is typically good livestock guardian dogs. That is the only thing that we have found to successfully keep them away.
Wow. Cougars and bears are out there. Definitely be safe my friend. How much does it cost to fence off 2 acres where as most wildlife besides wild cats and climbing possums cant get through?

I'm still catching up from earlier in the day...but one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that "Jayme had attended a family gathering that day". They didn't say the family had attended it. Just her. Wondering if it has been confirmed that she is the biological child of both parents or if there might be a divorce or adoption situation here and she was visiting with bio family members. Just struck me as odd that they would say she attended a family gathering in that manner -- not that they had or that she and one of the parents had attended. Wondering if it had something to do with that -- particularly because they mentioned it.

Jayme and her Mom attended her cousin's birthday party at the home of her mother's father (the grandfather to Jayme and the cousin). Jayme's father was at work at the time.

Wow. Cougars and bears are out there. Definitely be safe my friend. How much does it cost to fence off 2 acres where as most wildlife besides wild cats and climbing possums cant get through?

You don't even want to know. :eek:

Who is checking for trespassing wildlife at 1am to shoot? That sounds like a very paranoid living condition. Jmo.

Not if you have chickens, goats or livestock. Bobcats. coyotes, foxes, opossums, raccoons, attack at night and can wipe out your animals quickly. You need to be paranoid to keep them alive.

Really? Still no news? ..... I skimmed but I'm praying against everything that I missed something big...

Nope. Nothing big. I've got sick kids so we are stuck at home, so spending more time on here than normal. Got a good outcome with Eden... hoping for another one here. Or as "good" as it can be since both parents are dead.

Did Jayme switch from public to charter school? They have many in my area and most have flexibility as to when kids can be picked up- meaning someone stays after school ends with kids who have parents that cannot pick up by 3pm. If the family caretaker was a babysitter- I have never really seen that term used. Is it someone who will not only babysit but also fix dinner and maybe do house chores or laundry?

But I would think a 13 yr old could do chores and laundry, and even start dinner, by themselves. I was expected to, at that age, while our parents were still at work, when we came home after school.

Jayme participated in track, cross country, and attended dance classes for the past several years. I don't think it was just that she needed somewhere to go as much as she needed someone to get her back and forth to activities. That is, if her parents were unable to do so because of their work schedules.
Sheriff: Miami tip 'not credible' in search for missing teen
View attachment 151590
MOO

That's probably it right there. She needed rides to and from her after school activities.

That's probably it right there. She needed rides to and from her after school activities.

And it sounds like she went to their house, not them coming to her house. So it would be the activities that would be the priority. Not chores and dinner at her house. Otherwise the moving wouldn't have affected anything if the caregiver was coming to her house.

And it sounds like she went to their house, not them coming to her house. So it would be the activities that would be the priority. Not chores and dinner at her house. Otherwise the moving wouldn't have affected anything if the caregiver was coming to her house.
I’m still waiting wondering sbout the sheriff saying they were working closely with the school district rather than something like “her teachers and friends” - also nothing in MSM about what job her dad was at? Sunday shift work at the plant would be overtime i would think (it was 25 years ago in the Midwest) and second shift was 3:30- midnight - if he arrived home after a full shift and the first shot was heard around 12:30- he may have come into a horrific scene IMO

Just starting my day. Had a serious situation with a friend calling after suffering a head wound overnight and I had to go stop the bleeding. They are going to be ok. Thank goodness I always have mega amounts of first aid stuff. ;)
Going to be one of those days.
Coffee brewing and probably glued to this case again all day.
I had 3 days home this week and after Eden Hines came home safe, Jayme's case came along.
I can't turn away.
Where are you Jayme?
Sleepy Chi
coffee @AnaPisces or @margarita25 ? Doubt our sweet friend @PommyMommy is ready for any yet. :)

In one photo she is holding hands w a guy and he is cropped out of the photo. It was near the beginning of thread when everyone was asking for an updated photo. Someone wearing a red sweatshirt. Was she dating anyone?

In one photo she is holding hands w a guy and he is cropped out of the photo. It was near the beginning of thread when everyone was asking for an updated photo. Someone wearing a red sweatshirt. Was she dating anyone?
Good question but I don't think we can answer that one yet.
We are waiting on official COD's on the parents today.
Yesterday the sheriff said (my best remembrance of it) "we don't know how long :he: was dead".
I'm not even sure the COD's will be the same.
Coffee? I have some brewing.
Chi
ETA yes girls her age have "secret" bf's even tho they are rather devout church attenders. Seems it was mainly she and her Mom that attended the Catholic church, but maybe her father's work schedule prohibited him going.

I’m still waiting wondering sbout the sheriff saying they were working closely with the school district rather than something like “her teachers and friends” - also nothing in MSM about what job her dad was at? Sunday shift work at the plant would be overtime i would think (it was 25 years ago in the Midwest) and second shift was 3:30- midnight - if he arrived home after a full shift and the first shot was heard around 12:30- he may have come into a horrific scene IMO
I follow what you are saying.
And I think it is very possible.
This was probably not a shotgun, but a high-powered handgun. IMO
It would have been a horrific scene indeed. :(
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online