AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one thing that stood out to me, a quote from a family friend who said she had huge ambitions for her life. He also stated that he hoped she gets the chance to fulfill said ambitions. I don't have a link but read it here on the thread. It also seems to me that on the father's facebook page, there is no outpouring of emotions from family or friends. I am sure many are in shock, this family truly seemed reclusive and there just seems to be a huge hole in or outpouring from her school and friends. Maybe the FBI has put a lid on them, I do not know. If so, I find that to be unusual. We've heard nothing regarding what kind of student she was but for extracurricular activities.

I know that the door being shot in was just mentioned by a family member and we can't confirm that. However, IF that is true, I don't think that necessarily is weird in relation to what the neighbor heard.

I am a deep sleeper, and while I'm sure gunshots close by would rouse me, by the time I am awake and cognizant enough to realize I'm hearing gunshots, I may have already missed several, you know what I mean? So maybe something wakes the neighbor up....but they can't really hone in on the fact it's gunshots until other shots had already happened. So really we can't quite say for sure that there were only two gunshots based just on the neighbor. They HEARD two; more may have happened before they were totally awake.

I find that hard to believe with the FBI -they have to have gone through her SM now they said they were two days ago IIRC
It's entirely possible she had/has a secret boyfriend and never expected anything bad to happen. Just saying...
It hasn't been excluded.
  • At this point, they do not know if she is alone or traveling with anyone, nor do they know if she has a boyfriend.
Chi

I think some of us lean towards someone who wanted Jayme. Likely for sexual reasons.

ramblings

The timeframes (the 30 minutes) would seem to indicate that something went wrong or unexpected more than like a random event

kinda like oh sh#t and having to figure out what the next thing they were going to do

something with a boyfriend or suiter or something like that

or family member

maybe someone discovered that she was being violated and the parents were going to call it in -- or someone was gonna get caught reported accused something like that??

feels more like out of control |event|

panic

there vagueness about cod is strange imo

there is something in that info that maybe only the perp will know?

it seems as if it might be gruesome (up close and personal rage based)

the 30 min also seems to indicate it was not a flat out shoot murder dead

there was a duration to the event -- killing with a gun can usually be pretty quick

again could back to a younger person who shot but not fatally resulting in more needing to be done to assure they were dead?

chaos- his instance on changing behaviors by perp keeps gnawing at me -- their withholding also sounds like they think someone might confess or come forward?

rambling here !

Last edited:
New to this thread but tried to read all the theories and thoughts. Personally I think this was sexually motivated.

Perp showed up late at night rang the doorbell or tried breaking in. Dad was shot and killed immediately since he would be the likely of the two to go to the door in the middle of the night to see what was going on.

Mom was likely tied up to the chair, hence them taking it out for evidence and stating they are waiting for autopsy results. I’m thinking she was tortured or strangled and then shot so they’re trying to determine which one ultimately lead to her death.

Either perp didn’t know Jayme was there and she called 911 or mom or Jayme got free or were able to get phone at some point or were able to alert authorities. This would explain gap in gunshots heard.

Once perp killed mom he took Jayme to fulfill sexual fantasies.

I think the perp knows the family or has been to the residence before for some sort of labor type job. Maybe someone to fix an AC unit or landscaper or something. Or it could have been a family friend that went to the party and saw them there.

Just my two cents but I’m praying for Jayme’s safe return.

I'm still catching up from earlier in the day...but one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that "Jayme had attended a family gathering that day". They didn't say the family had attended it. Just her. Wondering if it has been confirmed that she is the biological child of both parents or if there might be a divorce or adoption situation here and she was visiting with bio family members. Just struck me as odd that they would say she attended a family gathering in that manner -- not that they had or that she and one of the parents had attended. Wondering if it had something to do with that -- particularly because they mentioned it.

On the living in the woods and hearing gunshots at night -- until you've been in that situation, you probably cannot understand it. I live in the rural South and I have neighbors that seem to shoot at all hours of the day and night. I think one guy gets off work and has a range set up in his back yard and shoots to blow off steam a few nights a week at around 10 pm. When I first moved here, it was weird to me, but pretty soon it became the norm. I have often said to friends that if something ever happened to someone here and LE came by to ask if I had heard anything out of the ordinary, I would honestly say 'no'...because somebody is often shooting something. Heck, I came home about 10 pm one night to see a raccoon climbing into my chicken coop and I shot it. Another time, I shot a copperhead snake -- multiple times -- and neighbors didn't bat an eye at the time, but did ask me later what all the ruckus was over at my house.

enjoying being a urban man more and more!

Watch day after tomm I will get eaten by a crocodile!

That's probably it right there. She needed rides to and from her after school activities.

Don’t most school activities take place right after school? Meaning no need for a ride to said activity? And if it’s an away meet the kids get bussed? Dance could possibly be an issue but there’s always carpooling. The caregiver (or babysitter, whichever it correct) situation is odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname