AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an excellent point. I can't figure out how cushion ties would be cut from the cushion in such a way that they would be left on the chair and no part of the cushion would be left with it. If they needed to remove the cushion for evidence they would just cut the ties in one place and they would stay with the cushion, not on the chair. JMO.

I don't believe those are cushion ties. And I see red spots on the chair legs. Something terrifying happened in that house prior to JC's parents being murdered and JC disappearing. MOO.

Fitzgerald called it a very violent crime scene, so I would agree that it was horrific

June 2001 is when James purchased it from what I see on the property record

Thank you. So I wonder if the neighbors are mistaken about them moving in 7 years ago? Or perhaps they had two homes for a while and rented this property for extra income? It's probably not a big deal when they moved there but it goes to the neighbors credibility/memory ability. Is this the same neighbor that heard the gun shots at 12:30?

I’ll be interested in learning more about her social media habits. There are so many more ways now than ever to communicate with people - bad or good. Most parents don’t need have the slightest clue who their kids are actually talking to or they types of social media, apps, etc that make this possible.

I’ll be interested in learning more about her social media habits. There are so many more ways now than ever to communicate with people - bad or good. Most parents don’t need have the slightest clue who their kids are actually talking to or they types of social media, apps, etc that make this possible.

Her social media (at least what is public) seems a bit sparse for a 13 year old.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a babysitter for my 13 year old.

She only JUST turned 13, 3 months ago in mid July. At what age do kids normally stay alone in their house overnight if both parents have to work the night shift at a factory job?
(I don't know their schedule but they worked for the turkey factory and there would most likely be some shift work involved).

I agree social media sparse. I wonder if someone observed her from the dance studio? But I still believe a grid search should be done. No firearm at the scene means one of two things: She is armed or someone she is w is armed. The home devices should have tipped this investigation by now.

Yes. If the they wanted the cushion, it seems they would cut the ties at a point where there would be the least loss of material. There was still a lot of material left on the back rungs.

The material looked too long to be ties, imo.

If a body was tied to the chair, it would make sense to cut material closer to the body, so that the knots could be analyzed while on the chair.

I agree. I've used those cushions in the past and the ties were only long enough to tie a small bow. I did notice that the knots on the back left leg looked rather detailed so I'm guessing they want to see if they are knots that a boy scout, fisherman, hunter etc would be likely to use.

Sorry folks, I am a little late to the discussion.
Any speculation yet as to why 13-year-old Jayme Closs was not slain along with her parents?
Also what is being said -- if anything -- about a motive?

I hope and pray she was not slain as well. All we know so far is that she wasn't left with her parents. The only motive I can come up with is sexual-- my theory is firmly in the camp that thinks a sexual predator murdered her parents in order to take Jayme. She was well protected and well taken care of by her loving family and perhaps this perp saw no other way to get her. It's the only thing that makes sense to me so far. MOO.

There is one thing that stood out to me, a quote from a family friend who said she had huge ambitions for her life. He also stated that he hoped she gets the chance to fulfill said ambitions. I don't have a link but read it here on the thread. It also seems to me that on the father's facebook page, there is no outpouring of emotions from family or friends. I am sure many are in shock, this family truly seemed reclusive and there just seems to be a huge hole in or outpouring from her school and friends. Maybe the FBI has put a lid on them, I do not know. If so, I find that to be unusual. We've heard nothing regarding what kind of student she was but for extracurricular activities.

His Facebook is more private that her moms. I don't think it is suspicious, you just can't comment on anything due to his privacy restrictions.

Jumping in to add my .02 It seems very targeted, and like something out of a novel. Shooting a door in? Could drugs be involved in some way.... perhaps someone thought there were drugs or money at the house? Jayme.... any chance she escaped hurt and bleeding and is somewhere close by ? Hidden?

I think that LE probably has a very good idea of what happened and is keeping it quiet.

Maybe changing schools was really hard on Jayme, especially if she was quiet but still involved in sports at the original school.

Someone said the schools are only 7 miles apart. That seems a bit drastic to switch your child’s school over 7 miles. I can’t imagine a caretaker saying 7 miles was too big of a difference in time, but maybe.

7 miles is a lot in northern Wisconsin in the winter months, which is nearly the entire school year. Schools allow admissions outside of where you are districted but they won't provide bussing. So her caretaker probably had to transport her and with snow 7 miles is a lot.

I know that the door being shot in was just mentioned by a family member and we can't confirm that. However, IF that is true, I don't think that necessarily is weird in relation to what the neighbor heard.

I am a deep sleeper, and while I'm sure gunshots close by would rouse me, by the time I am awake and cognizant enough to realize I'm hearing gunshots, I may have already missed several, you know what I mean? So maybe something wakes the neighbor up....but they can't really hone in on the fact it's gunshots until other shots had already happened. So really we can't quite say for sure that there were only two gunshots based just on the neighbor. They HEARD two; more may have happened before they were totally awake.
Gunshots from outside would be heard from the neighbors. Gunshots inside maybe not due to the structure. People farther from a battlefield across relatively open terrain have heard the battle while individuals closer but having a hill between the battlefield have not heard the battle. Type of firearm also makes a difference. The crack of a 22 is far softer than the bang of a 45 or boom of a shotgun. Have handled, hunted, or practiced with firearms for close to several decades with both small and large calibers.

Jumping in to add my .02 It seems very targeted, and like something out of a novel. Shooting a door in? Could drugs be involved in some way.... perhaps someone thought there were drugs or money at the house? Jayme.... any chance she escaped hurt and bleeding and is somewhere close by ? Hidden?

I think that LE probably has a very good idea of what happened and is keeping it quiet.

They had dogs searching so I don’t think she left on foot, especially if injured

I have thought drugs from the start. These communities are not actively patrolling the streets for drugs, it is something very easy to fly under the radar with and pretty common in Wisconsin. With the growing problem in Barron county alone it makes me wonder what they could have been involved in. Rural Wisconsin is at or below the poverty line in most households. Jobs don't pay very well. But you have to pay the bills...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24