AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The capitals is why. That's what I do to DH when I am mad at him ;) j/k

I can see that the wording is different, but I was trying to convey that saying that gave me that impression. It was the way it was interpreted by me.

OK. My use of caps of the one word ("not") was meant for emphasis but I will try to use italics instead in the future. My bad.

After her parents were murdered? How and why would that be willingly at her age? Maybe she wouldn't put up a fight after that because she was scared for her life. But I have no reason to believe Jayme would willingly choose to leave with someone who had a gun and murdered her parents-- "boyfriend" or not. If she left without a struggle it was probably because she wanted to stay alive. MOO.

The good ol “forbidden romance” type of deal? Parents disapproved of the relationship (or would have if she told them), so boyfriend kills them and they go on the run? Not saying that happened, but it’s happened many times before

It simply means they don't have evidence either way. You can't just assume that she was taken against her will. There may be no signs of a struggle involving Jayme, maybe her purse was taken or some other personal things. Who knows?
I don't see a child having just witnessed her parents being murdered going willingly with the killer. Unless maybe she fled in fear. Jmo

I'm leaning with someone she was in contact with online. There are many apps that use data (whatsapp, jumps to mind) that teens use these days to avoid their conversations showing up on the phone bill. I recently removed 4 off my 13 year old boys phone that I had no clue he would have known about. She could have been very social. You just aren't going to find her on SM.

Someone older, who posed as a teen became obsessed with her is my thought. Now he's holding her probably somewhere close. I hope they have more clues than they are disclosing.

Thinking out loud...what would be the motive for abducting her if her parents were killed first? If sexual, why not just rape her there at the house...why take her? Maybe because she called 911 and ruined the chance? Maybe this is in revenge to a living family member? Otherwise, why abduct? It won’t hurt her parents, they are dead. Maybe to rape and kill later? It’s very strange

BBM

This is why I discount any theory that has to do with someone wanting revenge on one/both of her parents. I totally understand that it's something that should be discussed, but I think it should be pretty low on the list of potential scenarios/motives. If you've killed the parents you've exacted the final revenge on them. Taking their daughter does nothing except make things more difficult for a perp because they have to figure out what to do with her. If this were about revenge on the parents the perp likely would have just killed Jayme at the house.

Agree. I do think they likely know who she is with though. That’s why the community isn’t in immediate danger, no search parties, not many details being released. I think they know who but not where
Respectfully, I believe everything you stated can be said about the Mollie Tibbetts case, and LE had absolutely no idea...

Edited to emphasize the portion of the quote to which I was responding.

That last little bullet point bugs me..No need to conduct searches leads me to believe they know WAY more than what they are saying they do. Being time is of the essence I would think if they had no idea what or where they would be asking for help or conducting these searches

The police and FBI are searching. The community is not being asked to search. The community was instead asked to pay attention to the people around them and if anyone changed any behaviors, habits or schedules recently. They also asked the community to be alert for any suspicious activity. In my opinion only they don't want the community to specifically search because when Jayme is found she may be with someone who is armed and dangerous or she may be deceased. LE does not want community members to put themselves in danger or compromise a crime scene. MOO.

Last edited:
The good ol “forbidden romance” type of deal? Parents disapproved of the relationship (or would have if she told them), so boyfriend kills them and they go on the run? Not saying that happened, but it’s happened many times before

Yeah, it's possible but I'm just not getting that vibe in this case. My opinion only, of course. I think the FBI would have found out about a "boyfriend" by now and no one else is missing. And there's nothing to indicate Jayme wanted her parents dead or even had any issues with her parents/behavior problems in the past.

I've also been wondering about drugs possibly being involved.

There was a case near me last year where a 14 year old Kaytlynn Cargill's body was found in a landfill. Everyone was thinking the worst, that a sexual predator had gotten hold of her, used her, then dumped her. The real story was wild. She had bought marijuana from a 16 year old boy, turned it into "dabs" and then was reselling it to him, but he didn't have the money or just didn't want to pay her so he killed her. That a 14 year old girl was making drugs was the last thing on anyone's mind. There was a frustrating lack of information released by law enforcement. Though that was because they were following leads and didn't want to tip the killer off.

I wonder if there could be something similar here, maybe she cut them off, said she wasn't interested anymore and they didn't like that answer and took her thinking they could force her to do what they wanted.

Police know what phone was used for the 911 call. They are not disclosing the info.
Chi
I believe it was Jayme's. It makes sense as to why they're so insistent that she's endangered. I could surely be wrong, but for me, it fits. For now...

P.S. Thanks to you, Ana and Flossy for the coffee. Any donuts left? :p
I think the sheriff is just being very careful and professional and not confirming anything he doesn’t know is a fact yet. So even if they both appear to have been killed with a gun, that’s not a fact until the autopsy says so. He’s not going to say it’s an abduction because he can’t prove it, even though I think he believes it is.
BBM Exactly. Sometimes LE will say death "by apparent suicide," or "we're investigating this as a homicide," but it is the duty of the coroner to determine cause and manner of death, not law enforcement.

@Lucyray, Jayme's DOB is 7/13/05.
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Last edited:
Yes everyone in the Mollie Tibbetts case thought it was a local.
The killer was "local" but basically unknown, especially to her family.
The guessing and the waiting comes with the territory on WS.
So we sleuth within limits, dig for clues and try to interpret what LE is choosing to tell the public.
And we wait, sometimes it isn't long, sometimes it's a very long time.
Like in Haleigh Cummings, it is forever seemingly. :(
Chi

'Quiet' and `shy' could also mean low self-esteem, which makes her a prime target for someone to take advantage of her (ie online) if that's the case.
True, but it might also mean she was wary and suspicious of anyone on line that she encountered but did not know. Wasn't her account private? The only one we know of is Instagram, I believe. Jmo

Yeah, it's possible but I'm just not getting that vibe in this case. My opinion only, of course. I think the FBI would have found out about a "boyfriend" by now and no one else is missing. And there's nothing to indicate Jayme wanted her parents dead or even had any issues with her parents/behavior problems in the past.
There is also the possibility that Jayme wasn't happy with her parents. Typical of some kids that age. Nothing against the parents as they could have been doing their best to raise her right, but sometimes kids don't see it that way. They see their parents as a constant impediment to their happiness. <modsnip - not victim friendly >

A lot depends on who's phone called 911. Police have stated that they believe she was home during the killings, which leads me to believe that it was her phone that was used to make the call.

Last edited by a moderator:
From same link Jayme Closs disappearance: What we know, Day 3
This is all so very confusing...
  • At this point, they do not know if she is alone or traveling with anyone, nor do they know if she has a boyfriend.

Yea, it seems to me like they might be saying that just to cover their bases. They don't have any actual proof of it, but the only logical conclusion is that she left with someone. For her to get far enough away that she has not been found or spotted she would have to leave the house in a vehicle. And LE surely would have released a license plate number and make/model/color if a vehicle registered to her parents was missing. Plus, she probably doesn't know how to drive anyways.

Yea, it seems to me like they might be saying that just to cover their bases. They don't have any actual proof of it, but the only logical conclusion is that she left with someone. For her to get far enough away that she has not been found or spotted she would have to leave the house in a vehicle. And LE surely would have released a license plate number and make/model/color if a vehicle registered to her parents was missing. Plus, she probably doesn't know how to drive anyways.
Assuming police have thorough checked the surrounding area, her leaving in a vehicle is the only possible answer. The question becomes did she leave voluntarily or under duress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53