AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying she is 100% alive yet saying she is endangered are complete contradictory statements.......yep. probably said it to keep our hopes up.
It’s weird. I get being positive and all, but hmm. 100% positive but endangered and no idea what happened to her? Or at least not telling you.

I think the 911 call was made by one of the parents before they fell unconscious. That would easily explain the no voice other than background yelling, which would have been the daughter.

I don’t think this is similar to Elizabeth Smart IMHO because hers was more of a weird religious kidnapping unique to the state of Utah, so I don’t see that in this case.

I personally think this was a targeted murder against the parents (for who knows what motive?????) and then the perp decided to take a little extra time with the girl. IMHO she is not being held anywhere. IMHO she is probably no longer living. I certainly hope I’m wrong, though. I just usually find that it’s a rare criminal that actually wants the high maintenance of keeping somebody alive in a basement or whatever.

I also wouldn’t rule out the idea that she could have met a creep online.

If the police want to find this young girl, and there is a community available to help them, they are not doing the investigation any favors by not releasing more information and details about the situation. I think that the LEO knows much more than what is being released. Which makes me wonder why so much is held back.

My own speculation, after reading this article on CNN.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/17/us/wisconsin-missing-girl-jayme-closs/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/
You’re operating under the theory that they do have this information in the first place.

There is always the chance that there simply isn’t any information to release, that they feel can help them get to the bottom of this.

I’m hoping that the FBI’s analysis of digital evidence can break this case open, that might not be the case though.

It’s frustrating to see LE constantly bashed in the threads I follow on here. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. Personally, I’d wager that they have more info than we do, and they have reasons for their actions. I think the FBI is more experienced than most of us armchair sleuths. It’s easy for us to criticize from our position. JMO

I agree. LE, FBI and all the other agencies involved definitely know more than we do and they know what they are doing better than we do as well.
jmo

I think the 911 call was made by one of the parents before they fell unconscious. That would easily explain the no voice other than background yelling, which would have been the daughter.

I don’t think this is similar to Elizabeth Smart IMHO because hers was more of a weird religious kidnapping unique to the state of Utah, so I don’t see that in this case.

I personally think this was a targeted murder against the parents (for who knows what motive?????) and then the perp decided to take a little extra time with the girl. IMHO she is not being held anywhere. IMHO she is probably no longer living. I certainly hope I’m wrong, though. I just usually find that it’s a rare criminal that actually wants the high maintenance of keeping somebody alive in a basement or whatever.

Completely agree with you. Except for last sentence.

But these are not normal times in Barron County, where the killings of Denise Closs and her husband, James, in their home on the outskirts of Barron and the disappearance of their daughter have led to a frantic nationwide search for the girl and put this county on edge.

“There’s a lot of fear, there’s a lot of anxiety through the kids, through the adults,” dance studio owner Christine Fink said as children rehearsed in rooms behind her Wednesday afternoon. “It’s opened our eyes that it can happen here.”

That painful reality was driven home when Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald announced at a news conference Wednesday that autopsies showed that the couple had been shot to death. In disclosing that detail, the sheriff issued yet another public plea for help in finding Jayme, who was in the home at the time of the shootings but who has not been seen since.

Around Barron, a city of 3,300 residents about 90 miles northeast of the Twin Cities, people were locking their doors and beefing up security around homes and businesses. Some were talking to their children about keeping information off social media and warning against strangers.

Rumors and speculation were quietly rampant.

“It’s a scary thing,” mechanic David Bender said as he worked on a Hyundai at Richard’s Machine & Auto Service on S. Fourth Street. In a community where people know each other, middle-of-the-night killings are inconceivable, he said. “We’re all wary.”

So much more at link:
Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents' slayings

I respectfully disagree.
I think the purpose of the meeting is to answer questions and concerns, clear up rumors, advise the community in safety concerns, explain the importance of tips, give information about what to tell their kids and what services are available at school for kids who need to talk to counselors, and things like that. I would appreciate it if that were done in my town, if something as horrible as this had happened. Jmo

Last edited:

I like your thinking about the 911 call. Very plausible.

I only brought up ES due to the fact that it seems like they might have had recent (2017) work done on the home. That brings people into and around the home that would have had contact and might have developed an unhealthy interest in Jayme.

I hope you are wrong about her current status. As long as others have been recovered alive, I continue to hope as I know you do as well.

The neighbors heard 2 loud sounds approximately 12:30.
Why in the world would the shooter stick around for 20 or so minutes after that? Why did the intruder have confidence a neighbour wouldn't call 911. Or the (mistaken) confidence the shots would not be heard?

Personally I have no problem with LE requesting DNA samples. But it is a time-consuming affair, expensive, and the perp won't show. Perp could even be a minor. I doubt it will happen and a request is not a demand. Plenty would refuse, causing more work and delays. They need to find this young girl, and also she is their best clue, imo.

Just thinking out loud here... if the primary objective was to abduct Jayme, I can’t see a scenario that would play out where the parents are shot first and Jayme is abducted 30 minutes later.

I agree...I don’t think the idea was to abduct her. I think the abduction was an afterthought. If the goal was abduction there would have been no need for a messy double homicide. Just grab the girl at some point and take off. Much easier than shooting the place up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member