AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good find. This may provide a better timeline of that day's events.

They said that Mr Closs was working at the time of the party that day, so that means he had to be working 1st shift to be at the scene by the time the 911 call was placed and that JC went MIA. Not sure about management times though, as they could vary from the regular employment, if he was managing the factory/store.

In addition to this, if the management times are similar, the factory would have told the LEO that he went home early and we probably would be hearing this, depending on how crucial this timeline would be.

I have been a member of WS for almost two years but very rarely post anything. One thing in this case is bugging me though. LE said the 911 call only lasted about a minute(if I remember correctly) and they arrived at the house 4 minutes later. The gunshots were about 30 minutes earlier so the perp was hanging around for some reason. But suddenly right after the 911 call, before the police arrive they are gone. This to me proves Jayme made that call. She did so quietly(maybe they were unaware at that time of her presence) but they discovered her. So in that approximate 5 minutes before LE arrives the perp had to settle everything; decide to leave, decide to take Jayme, get stuff together(if a robbery), etc. Chaos. So did the police pass them driving in? Did LE get there and think...we just got that call, they cannot be far...and immediately send cars out both ways down Hwy 8? If they left so quickly could it have been on foot? Did LE search in the vicinity of the house right after they got there again knowing the perp had literally just left? Lastly if they left in such haste I would think a lot of evidence remained. What do y'all think?

One thing I keep wondering ....
my bedroom clock is set ahead 10 min.
So Unless the neighbor grabbed her phone her time could be off a bit.
In a tight timeline a few minutes could make a big difference

The neighbor was interviewed by Ashleigh Banfield last night and said her clock does have the incorrect time. LE told her what time her clock should show and they adjusted for that.

I wouldn't put much stock in the time that the shots were heard. When people get woken up they have absolutely no concept of time. What would be interesting to know is if they started an officer for a shots fired call prior to getting the 911 hang up, that could help explain the 4 minute arrival time, an officer was already enroute to check the initial complaint.

According to phone interview IIRC by Ashleigh Banfield with neighbor, I believe they had just returned home and had not yet fallen asleep or were about to when the 2 gun shots occurred. Neighbor did indicate looking at time, though their clock was a few minutes ahead of correct time by I think 8 minutes. I wish someone would bring forward both recording of program segment and the transcript. TIA.

Not necessarily. It can take several minutes and often several hours to succumb to a gun shot.

Its possible in some cases but it does not support the facts in this case.

When LE arrived both were already dead. I still think they were shot at very close range by a very high powered handgun.

It would take a miracle for anyone to survive. And even if they were technically alive they would have been rendered helpless in an unconsicous state.

The killer fired only 2 bullets ..one for each victim because imo he knew they were both dead immediately where no more shots were necessary to make sure they were dead. Imo they both died almost immediately once shot.

Jmo though

A few comments while catching up from last night
I don't like the crazed meth head robbery angle. As has been discussed here and on other cases (I'm very firm on this idea for DNV case)...a robber is there to rob- not to kidnap. I don't see someone high on meth busting in the house, murdering two people, then kidnapping a 13 year old, and not stealing anything that we know of. That just doesn't make logical sense.

Also- if it was one of the parents that made the 911 call, yes it definitely possible that they stayed alive for 30 minutes after being shot and made the call but what are the odds that they then died in the 4 minutes it took police to get there?? Like I said, it's possible but I don't see that being the case either.

Last comment--I am so glad LE has been transparent (or as transparent as they can/want to be) so far. Love seeing multiple press conferences even if we're not getting new info. REALLY hope they keep that up!! I really do not appreciate total silence from LE. I think they're doing a great job and I was pretty surprised to see the "no bashing LE" mod comment at the beginning of the thread, I haven't seen it but I hope that's not been going on here!

Very good find. This may provide a better timeline of that day's events.

They said that Mr Closs was working at the time of the party that day, so that means he had to be working 1st shift to be at the scene by the time the 911 call was placed and that JC went MIA. Not sure about management times though, as they could vary from the regular employment, if he was managing the factory/store.
Or he left his second shift early - they haven't released the time of the Sunday birthday party and none of the relatives I have seen have mentioned when it started and ended.

When LE arrived both were already dead. I still think they were shot at very close range by a very high powered handgun.

It would take a miracle for anyone to survive. And even if they were technically alive they would have been rendered helpless in an unconsicous state.

The killer fired only 2 bullets ..one for each victim because imo he knew they were both dead immediately where no more shots were necessary to make sure they were dead. Imo they both died almost immediately once shot.

Jmo though

RBBM this is a VERY good point!! I agree with you 100%

Last edited:
Any time we hear a noise or anything late at night, my husband & I go together to check it out. If it’s coming from outside the house, he goes out while I stand in the door way, with it open, phone in hand. If it’s inside the house, I am right behind him. So I think it’s possible Jayme’s parents heard something & they went together to see what it was. MOO
Same here. Twice this week we've had unexpected people show up at night. Both times husband has gone out to the porch door and I have come behind him in the second, interior doorway with my dog raising a ruckus. (I don't like random visitors not calling ahead, and my dog sort of lets people know that.)

Jmo though

For someone to be so sure one bullet would kill each parent, that seems very cold, calculating, experienced with weapons. No doubt in the mind that the bullet did the job. That also does not sound frenzied.

I don't even use a clock in the bedroom anymore or own a watch. When I'm looking at the time, I pick up my phone.

If they looked at a regular clock, though, I assume that LE has now compared that clock's time to actual time, as they do need specifics on timeline.

In her interview with Ashleigh Banfield, she (the neighbor) said she looked at the clock and it was 12:37 or 12:38am. But after speaking with LE and their investigating, it was determined her clock was 7 minutes ahead, so the shots were actually ~ 12:30. She was very precise, and apparently LE calibrated her clock to the actual correct time.

They’re apparently meticulously creating the timeline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member