AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call can only end two ways, by either party disconnecting. 911 dispatchers will NEVER end a call.

It could end by a disruption in cell service or another person in the house ending the call. And as many other people have said, we don’t know who made the call and from what cell phone.

If you are going to post things as facts you need to post links to support your arguments.

For someone to be so sure one bullet would kill each parent, that seems very cold, calculating, experienced with weapons. No doubt in the mind that the bullet did the job. That also does not sound frenzied.
I think the majority of people know what point-blank would do so it could have been that. One would not have to be overly experienced with weapons.

I have been a member of WS for almost two years but very rarely post anything. One thing in this case is bugging me though. LE said the 911 call only lasted about a minute(if I remember correctly) and they arrived at the house 4 minutes later. The gunshots were about 30 minutes earlier so the perp was hanging around for some reason. But suddenly right after the 911 call, before the police arrive they are gone. This to me proves Jayme made that call. She did so quietly(maybe they were unaware at that time of her presence) but they discovered her. So in that approximate 5 minutes before LE arrives the perp had to settle everything; decide to leave, decide to take Jayme, get stuff together(if a robbery), etc. Chaos. So did the police pass them driving in? Did LE get there and think...we just got that call, they cannot be far...and immediately send cars out both ways down Hwy 8? If they left so quickly could it have been on foot? Did LE search in the vicinity of the house right after they got there again knowing the perp had literally just left? Lastly if they left in such haste I would think a lot of evidence remained. What do y'all think?
Okay, if the original motive is robbery, why is the perp still there a half hour after killing two people? A burglar can go through your house in seconds.

This person appears to have shown up at the house with guns blazing. The parent are dead within seconds. The only likely scenario is that this person came for Jayme. Given the size of the house, if this were the case, he should have found her in a minute or two. So they assailant and Jayme lingered about the house for almost a half hour. This wasn't just a random abduction because she would have been out of that house in a couple of minutes. I just can't shake the feeling that this was a boyfriend <modsnip g not victim friendly >

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a new day and the sun came up. I hope today is the day LE gets a big break in the case. Crossing my fingers.

Time is killing this case I’m afraid. The more time that goes by the more cold the suspect’s trail is. They are going to need a big break because without an inkling who this person(s) is it’s going to be very hard to find him and Jayme.

I am still optimistic something could come back dna wise if he did not wear gloves? (Which he probably did?) Last night I was watching a Forensic Files and they got an ID on an arson suspect by touch DNA on the wick used in the fire. Hopefully ballistics can produce a hit somehow now that autopsies are complete. Have cell towers in the area been posted? I wonder how many phones they will have to sift through?

Crossing my fingers as well. May today be the day.

Last edited:
We keep assuming there were only two shots and that those were the killing shots. However, IF there's any truth to the door being shot out, those could have come from outside when they first entered and have been the only ones the neighbors heard. I think I would hear shots outside my neighbors' front door, but probably not any from inside their house if I am inside mine.

Bottom line is that we don't know for certain that there were only two shots, or that the killing shots happened at 12:31.

I think the majority of people know what point-blank would do so it could have been that. One would not have to be overly experienced with weapons.

Possibly. But even LE shoots multiple times and they have lots of traning and experience.

I am sure everyone has read about people who survive a gunshot because the bullet went a weird way.

But if it was a gun that would do obvious damage, then I guess the proof would be there. It could have been a horrifying shot to the head.

With the father falling in the doorway, was he shot from the front or behind? What part would the window play in all of this if the father was shot n the doorway and another quick shot probably for the mother.

Okay, if the original motive is robbery, why is the perp still there a half hour after killing two people? A burglar can go through your house in seconds.

This person appears to have shown up at the house with guns blazing. The parent are dead within seconds. The only likely scenario is that this person came for Jayme. Given the size of the house, if this were the case, he should have found her in a minute or two. So they assailant and Jayme lingered about the house for almost a half hour. This wasn't just a random abduction because she would have been out of that house in a couple of minutes. I just can't shake the feeling that this was a boyfriend and that Jayme willingly went with him.

Why the call to LE?

Has the gamut of possibilities been run dry yet?

We have the usual.
  • Boyfriend
  • Someone close to the family
  • RSO
  • Sex traffic
  • Burglary gone wrong
  • Crazed dope fiend (meth, of course)
Did I miss anything?

Coworkers of the parents at the plant, maybe not someone not very close to the family. Might even have a grudge against the parents. Dad was in management, right?

Unregistered sex offender.

I live about an hour from Barron —- the meth problem around Barron, Washburn, Sawyer counties is positively alarming.

Local scanner page includes numerous OD responses a week.

I bring this up because someone mentioned that the BCSD didn’t “have much else to do” other than investigate Jayme’s case. Also:

The rumor mill is flying up this way... Spooner police (30 minutes north of Barron) recently arrested and prosecuted a couple for sex trafficking, which makes a lot of people question the validity of the sheriff saying the public is safe.
Google DrydenWire - it should be in recent news.

<modsnip - rumor >

Even being an hour away, people are on edge in my town.

I live near Somerset & our rumor mill is flying too. People here are very afraid. Its not normal for someone to shoot up a door going into a home, murdering 2 people and kidnapping a 13 year old. We have also heard about the meth problem around there.

Has there been any mention about getting trail camera footage from anywhere even remotely close to the house? Around here everyone seems to have trail cameras set up especially now with hunting season starting.

Somewhere there is a quote about getting surveillance camera info.

So many people who live rurally have trail cams.

My son has the Nest that gets a lot of info.That is in the house but I think it may go to the road. He is 88 feet from the road

What I wish for is a vehicle to have been seen, then we can figure out gas/distance and then determine direction. This would be so helpful. Some where, someone must have spotted them or been caught on tape. Crossing my fingers. If this was pre planned, then supplies would have already been bought, cabin set up (if that is where they are). MOO

Call can only end two ways, by either party disconnecting. 911 dispatchers will NEVER end a call.
It was ended from the callers side, but was the phone smashed/destroyed upon being discovered, did the battery die or was it manually disconnected? How is cell service in the area? If it's sketchy it might have dropped the call or there might have been trouble getting a call out sooner. Concrete block interferes with cell service. Lots of things that we can't know yet, but I'm sure LE does and I feel confident they will find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VickyVersa