AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, they aren't necessarily looking for her, but to clues that might help track her down.

This was my understanding.
The perps had to have left SOMETHING behind. LE just needs to find it.
I think I heard this on CSI but criminals always take something from and leave something at a crime scene. (Maybe it was Dexter actually...)

ETA: Actually it's called Locard's Exchange Principle.

Edited ETA: It was CSI. :)

Just responding to a few comments at the end of the last thread...

If anything, the media coverage of the search is a good thing. Anything that gets the word out is a positive. 2k people are searching, and more were even turned away because LE had enough volunteers. There is no lack of resources. I'm sure if any media members are in the way they will be backed off by LE.

It's a process, but we are all in it together -- the family, community members, media, LE, and the general public. Just have to work together to solve this, and it looks like that is happening.

Humm so the sheriff is saying he thinks Jayme is alive. But he has 2000 volunteers searching. I'm confused. Hopeful but confused.
The searchers aren’t looking specifically for her, they are looking for guns, clothing, cell phone, according to the briefing given to the searchers by LE.

Okay I know some of you may not care for Mark Furhman at times including myself but the thread was closed at the time he was being interviewed on Fox.

Since he spoke I can't get out of my mind what he said because it ALL made so much common sense and none of it I had ever even considered.

Anyway for those who may be interested I will try to post it in my own words for you.

He said he believes the evidence shows that Denise was the intended target. Here is the clear reason he gave. If James had been the intended target the mission would have been over right at the front door with no need to enter the home. They would have shot James and quickly left probably before Denise could have even seen who it was.

But he said they purposefully went inside to murder Denise. He also said the crime scene can reveal who may be the intended target. Such as if one victim suffered more gunshot wounds than another victim. Or if one victim had other type of injuries done by the killer beyond the gunshots themselves.

He said he does believe that Jayme has been killed and thinks the police know that too and know they are in recovery mode now.

He also said this which makes sense to me. He said the experts on the ground have the ability in less than a day's time to know if there are any vehicles in this county of 45000 that matches the 2 vehicles in question.

So he thinks the police already know the vehicles aren't from the county this happened in. He said they will go county by county searching the DMV data base looking for possible matches and interviewing anyone who may own the same type of vehicles crossing them off one by one.

So what do all of you think about this? I found all of it so facisinating. Jmo though

Last edited:
The ATV question from the previous thread. I would think the ATV would make enough noise that neighbors would have heard it? It isn't exactly a quiet toy. And @human it isn't THAT cold out yet. If they were on ATV I doubt they were bundled up in snowsuits. It is still sweatshirt weather.

Hm. It was 43 during the day and 29 at night. Minnesota girl here. Riding on an open vehicle in the 20’s or 30’s is sweathshirt weather?

Just responding to a few comments at the end of the last thread...

If anything, the media coverage of the search is a good thing. Anything that gets the word out is a positive. 2k people are searching, and more were even turned away because LE had enough volunteers. There is no lack of resources. I'm sure if any media members are in the way they will be backed off by LE.

It's a process, but we are all in it together -- the family, community members, media, LE, and the general public. Just have to work together to solve this, and it looks like that is happening.

I do think the media coverage is a good thing where getting searchers and people out looking for Jayme is concerned. But, it also causes me to worry that if someone still has Jayme, alive, that they will panic and kill her.

But hey, we complain when cases don't get enough attention then I go a bring up the negatives of when they do. So, I guess, they can't win lol.

I'm a farmer in Barron County, and we find stuff in our fields all the time (usually trash that people throw out the windows of their cars). Clothing is not usually one of those items. I will say that it has warmed my heart tremendously to see my community and so many others show up for Jayme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?