GUILTY NY - Suspicious device found near President Bill Clinton and Hillary’s Home, Chappaqua, Oct 2018

We are all lucky that these devices did not blow up and harm anyone. With the insufficient postage, it ensured that the package would wind up at either place that was designated. That is in fact fairly scary, especially given the routes that these packages would have travelled into and out of the city.

When we get to a point where crazy people target anyone to cause fear, it is awful. There is no justification. I am surprised by the question of a group doing this to further their cause. To cause harm and strike terror in people is not a laughing matter for me.

I find the divisiveness unsettling to say the least.

When bombs are targeted at those who have been vilified - "low IQ individual"; "low-life"; "crooked"; "fake news" - it's very hard to unhear those vilifications.

(KEY: Maxine Waters; Eric Holder; Hillary Clinton; CNN)

Last edited:
I absolutely believe they'll be caught - and soon.

I hope so. I had students on field trips throughout NYC today. To say they were terrified is an understatement. This is terrorism. Thank goodness no one was hurt. Shame on any politician or person who makes this light or laughable. It isn't.

We are all lucky that these devices did not blow up and harm anyone. With the insufficient postage, it ensured that the package would wind up at either place that was designated. That is in fact fairly scary, especially given the routes that these packages would have travelled into and out of the city.

When we get to a point where crazy people target anyone to cause fear, it is awful. There is no justification. I am surprised by the question of a group doing this to further their cause. To cause harm and strike terror in people is not a laughing matter for me.

When you think about the plot: attempted assassination of 2 former presidents, a secretary of state, former AG, and mass murder at media company, CNN;, it really is staggering. Meanwhile crowd is chanting "Lock her up" again tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE="kaen, post: 14502459, member: 114900"]We are all lucky that these devices did not blow up and harm anyone. With the insufficient postage, it ensured that the package would wind up at either place that was designated. That is in fact fairly scary, especially given the routes that these packages would have travelled into and out of the city.

When you think about the plot: attempted assassination of 2 former presidents, a secretary of state, former AG, and mass murder at media company, CNN;, it really is staggering. Meanwhile crowd is chanting "Lock her up" again tonight.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Add in that these are devices that have travelled across bridges, tunnels, potentially subways and packed roads and we see something that could have rivaled 9/11 in the harm done to people.

When you think about the plot: attempted assassination of 2 former presidents, a secretary of state, former AG, and mass murder at media company, CNN;, it really is staggering. Meanwhile crowd is chanting "Lock her up" again tonight.

Absolutely. Add in that these are devices that have travelled across bridges, tunnels, potentially subways and packed roads and we see something that could have rivaled 9/11 in the harm done to people.[/QUOTE]
These were pipe bombs. A device like that isn’t damaging a bridge, or tunnel.

These are small, crude devices.

We don’t even know if they contained explosives, or the nature of those explosives.

They are deadly, but not weapons of mass destruction. Not even close.

Absolutely. Add in that these are devices that have travelled across bridges, tunnels, potentially subways and packed roads and we see something that could have rivaled 9/11 in the harm done to people.
These were pipe bombs. A device like that isn’t damaging a bridge, or tunnel.

These are small, crude devices.

We don’t even know if they contained explosives, or the nature of those explosives.

They are deadly, but not weapons of mass destruction. Not even close.[/QUOTE]

This round was small and crude but that doesn't mean there is not a round two or some nut job who won't raise the ante. Until the perps are caught, we should not take this lightly--we don't know what else was found and probably won't for a bit. With all due respect, a pipe bomb on a bus, subway or crowded street can do damage. Correct, we don't know what size these bombs could have been or were. If there are many pipe bombs that are delivered and explode there can be significant lost of life. These devices were traveling through crowded areas with people all around. No, not a weapon of mass destruction. I didn't say it was. The airplanes weren't weapons of mass destruction but they had a significant impact. The white powder that went through the Trenton, NJ postal service killed people and struck terror-- the building will never be usable. This is no small thing until the people who did it are in custody.

Why would a republican send these out 7 days before the midterms? Would they want this political blowback, 24/7? I don't think so.

There is only one political party that is benefitting from this October surprise right now. JMO

Why is it important to ascribe this awful deed to a party? The person(s) who did this is/are criminals and the actions to strike terror into people are not democratic or republican, they are felonious, deranged and vile. I am surprised that we could even get here in this conversation.

The people who could have been killed or injured go beyond a politician. They are law enforcement, workers, and innocent bystanders. To ascribe terror as a way to garner votes is gross in my opinion.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png

DqSjVgpX0AYIgYg.jpg

And the stamps weren't cancelled so it wasn't sent through the postal service. How did it get to CNN without it being mailed?

So how did CNN get this pic before it was mailed?

USPS will deliver a pipe bomb for under $3.00?

COURIER, as has been repeatedly stated and linked here. Hope that clears up the question!

And the first ounce is 49 cents.

Each additional ounce is 21 cents.

So the answer is YES, a plastic explosive can be mailed using USPS for under $3. As we’ve clearly seen in other mailings discovered today and the details linked and sourced here.

ETA Current USPS Postage Rate Charts - simple tables

Last edited:
Why is it important to ascribe this awful deed to a party? The person(s) who did this are criminals and the actions to strike terror into people are not democratic or republican, they are felonious, deranged and vile. I am surprised that we could even get here in this conversation.

The people who could have been killed or injured go beyond a politician. They are law enforcement, workers, and innocent bystanders. To ascribe terror as a way to garner votes is gross in my opinion.
I know. The divisiveness never ends. :(

I hope so. I had students on field trips throughout NYC today. To say they were terrified is an understatement. This is terrorism. Thank goodness no one was hurt. Shame on any politician or person who makes this light or laughable. It isn't.

I’m so sorry, @kaen. My heart breaks just thinking about those kids and the fear they feel. I’m glad you’re able to be there with them and offer them some comfort. ♥️

I’m so sorry, @kaen. My heart breaks just thinking about those kids and the fear they feel. I’m glad you’re able to be there with them and offer them some comfort. ♥️
Thanks. Our students are good and experience all kinds of violence and loss on a regular basis. To hear them on their phones saying things like, "I just want to tell you I love you, mommy, just in case something happens." or, trying to figure out how to get out of mid-town without using public transportation b/c it might not be safe is not what a 15 year old should have to think about. That is why I get so offended when people make light about these kinds of things. Yes, no one got hurt. But, is it true that no one got hurt? I say people do get hurt based on my students' reactions.

Suspect packages had this in common: a return address for Debbie Wasserman Schultz
“We will not be intimidated by this attempted act of violence,” Wasserman Schultz said. “This appalling attack on our democracy must be vigorously prosecuted, and I am deeply disturbed by the way my name was used. Today, my staff and I will hug each other and our loved ones tightly, and tomorrow get back to work serving the people I was elected to represent.”

Wasserman Schultz has been the subject of false attacks in the past, notably that she was linked to the murder of former DNC staffer Seth Rich, an accusation she called “vile and disgusting.”

The recipients of suspicious packages are all frequent targets of hateful rhetoric and conspiracy theories from far-right figures and trolls.

This round was small and crude but that doesn't mean there is not a round two or some nut job who won't raise the ante. Until the perps are caught, we should not take this lightly--we don't know what else was found and probably won't for a bit. With all due respect, a pipe bomb on a bus, subway or crowded street can do damage. Correct, we don't know what size these bombs could have been or were. If there are many pipe bombs that are delivered and explode there can be significant lost of life. These devices were traveling through crowded areas with people all around. No, not a weapon of mass destruction. I didn't say it was. The airplanes weren't weapons of mass destruction but they had a significant impact. The white powder that went through the Trenton, NJ postal service killed people and struck terror-- the building will never be usable. This is no small thing until the people who did it are in custody.

Correct.

That, and just because something is crudely made doesn’t lessen its potential lethality. Generally, as in the mail bombs, crude means improvised. The planes that flew into buildings on 9/11 were improvised bombs, as well.

(Obviously, that doesn’t mean the mail bombs are airplanes. LOL. Of course. We just don’t yet know what they were filled with.)

Regardless, the mail bombs were used to make terroristic threats, at the very least.

This was an attack on our system of government, an attack on journalists, and our our citizens.

How much does it cost to mail something first-class if it’s only an ounce or two?

Mailing first-class items costs about 50 cents the first ounce and about 25 cents each additional ounce, right?

Are stamps still 49 cents each?

Trying to look up the exact info, but my phone browser keeps locking up. :(

That's only for letters. Packages ship at a different rate.

Postage Price Calculator is a quick and easy way to check rates. Per that website, a package weighing anywhere from 1 to 6 ounces is $3.75.

COURIER, as has been repeatedly stated and linked here. Hope that clears up the question!

And the first ounce is 49 cents.

Each additional ounce is 21 cents.

So the answer is YES, a plastic explosive can be mailed using USPS for under $3. As we’ve clearly seen in other mailings discovered today and the details linked and sourced here.

ETA Current USPS Postage Rate Charts - simple tables

NO, this is for letters only. Parcels ship at different rates. See the above link I posted or scroll down the page on the link you posted. Also, that site is outdated, stamps are 50 cents right now and poised to increase again soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back