AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in WI and am familiar with the criminal justice system here. At the end of the day, IMO, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Because of this, I believe that LE know more than they are releasing. It's probably a matter of tracking them down....

O T for a second please if u don't mind. Are you saying the newer iPhone s dial 911 with certain sequences one doesn't know about? Please do tell. I got an alert 2 weeks ago at 3:50 am that my son 's telephone number had dialed 911. I have verizo n. smart family. Let's just say I went into full panic mode as he is in college. He swears he didn't dial it but his phone shows that it was dialed. He'll never forgive me for calling the local police and more....because he does suffer from severe depression. I didn't believe him when he said he didn't dial it.
In settings, emergency sos. It tells you how to use the emergency function, and you can change a couple settings.

The neighbor lives 200 yards away in a well insulated house with a stand of trees between them. And more than likely a forced air furnace.
Okay, but through that stand of trees and a well insulated house with a furnace, they did hear two shots. They state they heard that. There were more than two shots, so why didn't they hear them as well?

Those particular vehicles may not be accounted for. They are asking anyone driving those vehicles to come forward in case they saw anything that night. Since they have not come forward, they may well be involved. We just dont know, but I think it's possible. Jmo

Respectfully, they are not asking anyone driving those vehicles to come forward. The press release is carefully worded and states the following:

Sheriff Fitzgerald said:
These are three images of the two vehicles of interest that we determined were in the area of the Closs home at the time of the incident regarding the disappearance of missing and endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs. Again, these are ONLY vehicles of interest.

If anyone sees or has seen either of these vehicles in or around Barron County over the past two weeks they are asked to call our tip line 1-855-744-3879 with the time they observed it, location observed and plate number. Again we are only taking tips based on the below information, no other makes or models will be followed up on.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

This seems to me that they are fairly confident that these vehicles were involved. "Vehicles of interest" would be along the same lines as "persons of interest" in LE legal jargon, and how many times have we seen LE release a photo of a POI that wasn't an actual suspect? Pretty much never.

JMO.

Okay, but through that stand of trees and a well insulated house with a furnace, they did hear two shots. They state they heard that. There were more than two shots, so why didn't they hear them as well?
Second gun or gunman? Some sort of acoustical issue?

Could be any number of reasons why they didn’t hear more gunshots. It’s also possible that there really was only two.

Not sure but that would be interesting to read about. The other thing is that his prints could be in the system from other crime scenes but he hasn’t been caught yet. If that makes sense. It sounds better in my head I think lol. Idk but for some reason I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the perps first major crime. It seems very personal to me imo

Found this on it. They say “violent crime,” but it’s apparently not as rare as I thought.

The neighbor reported that due to the woods or trees that separate their properties , they can not hear anything from the Closs property. They did not hear when the police were there either. I think it is situational

Maybe the 2 shots they heard came from just outside the front door, and then there were more shots fired in the house, which wouldn’t be heard from that far away? IMO

What would really be nice is if LE mentioned how they knew that Jayme was there when the murders took place. Did they hear her screaming on the 911 call? Did they hear the perp scream her name? Did they hear her mother scream her name? How could they actually tell that she was there when this went on? Did they do a voice recognition of her to compare if it was her in the back ground?

This isn’t directed at you @Steelslady but just in general.

I’ve noticed a bunch of posts expressing that LE should be telling us this or that piece of info or detail. But this is an active investigation - an active search for a minor who’s parents were murdered - and there are things that LE needs to keep close to the vest for the purpose of investigation. Obviously we are all curious and want details, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. But LE isn’t going to risk compromising anything just to satisfy our curiousity. JMO and no rudeness or snark intended

In thread 12, 1987 wrote: "have you ever shot a shot gun in the house? unfortunately I have. I quickly considered the risk and done it anyway thinking just that, that what I was shooting would absorb the shot and if not not enough speed left to do much to me. I have pellets in me and they will always be there. to be clear it was not a human I shot at and it was stupid."

Spider? :)

large reptile

Kicked or Shot in?
[...]

1.) Relatives of the family said that the front door of the Barron home where Jayme disappeared from without a trace was shot in.

It is one of the few details about the crime scene that have been released as police continue to keep a tight lid on their investigation.

Fitzgerald said on Tuesday that the 911 call came from a cell phone while inside the home, but no one was communicating to the dispatcher.
Cops searching for missing Jayme Closs reveal the teen was HOME when her parents were shot to death | Daily Mail Online

2.) Jayme’s relatives told CBS News that the front door to the family home was shot in.

Fitzgerald has said Jayme is not a suspect in the killings. At a Monday press conference, he said, “We don’t have a suspect, we don’t have any leads right now.”
Missing Teen Jayme Closs Was Home when Her Parents Were Killed — and Front Door Was Shot In

3.) Investigators ramped up the search for 13-year-old Jayme Closs Tuesday, deploying canines and releasing new photos of the teen, whose parents were found dead in the family's Wisconsin home. Relatives of Jayme told CBS News the front door to the house was shot in. Jayme has been missing since sheriff's deputies discovered her parents' bodies Monday morning.
Police trace 911 call after Wisconsin girl goes missing, parents found dead

Earlier reports citing family indicate door was shot in...

Last edited:
Another poster a couple pages back suggested that those 2 shots could have happened at the doorway, which would put the shooter close to tbe outside (with the open door). That made sense to me. DC may have been further inside, so youd also have the insulation from the Closs residence blocking noise.

Long time ws lurker here. I'm very suspicious of people and I did open my door to middle of night stranger a couple of years ago. Lady had been assaulted and came to our door because we had a light on in the front window. Also, I was reading about differences between burglars and home invaders. Burglars preferred empty houses, but home invaders came when they knew they could exercise control over inhabitants. Abduction of a young teen is very much exerting control, imo.

Police have confirmed that Jayme WAS at the house during the crime. How? They did not specify (footprints in blood? or her being heard on 911 call?)

I very much think police are not listing her kidnapped as they still do not know for sure... If she was either kidnapped or run out of the house in distress and disappeared...

PS: I am very glad that they are doing search behind the house finally today. Lots of woods there though.
"We believe Jayme was in the home at the time of the homicides and we believe she's still in danger," Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said this week.

Investigators believe Jayme was at home during the shooting based on details from the 911 call and evidence from the home, Fitzgerald said.
911 call traced to phone of missing Wisconsin girl's mother, authorities say - CNN

Long time ws lurker here. I'm very suspicious of people and I did open my door to middle of night stranger a couple of years ago. Lady had been assaulted and came to our door because we had a light on in the front window. Also, I was reading about differences between burglars and home invaders. Burglars preferred empty houses, but home invaders came when they knew they could exercise control over inhabitants. Abduction of a young teen is very much exerting control, imo.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, tfanny! :)
Glad you decided to come out of lurking.​

Have we talked about the 911 call being so poor quality? Do we think it’s because the live phone was in a room far away from where the yelling was currently happening? And what would that mean? Or what else? I’ve thought a lot about this and am stumped.

Since they were in for the evening, cell phones might have been on charge - maybe in the bedroom? My speculation is that Jayme was hiding, and at some point snuck into her parents bedroom and grabbed mom's phone. (If her fingerprints were on the phone, that could be how they know she was there.) Assuming she had one, her own phone might have been dead, if she'd been on it all day, or if she had a cheaper phone, maybe she had no reception. I still think it's possible Jayme made a run for it. If so, and they caught up with her outside, that might explain why they took her with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth