AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one of the pictures of the broken wooden door. There was another one that showed the bigger picture and then this closer up one right next to it but this is the first one I found. Tough to even know what thread to go to when looking for something specific.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

So I asked hubby to make sure our front door was more secure and when he looked at this image he said that if that vertical bright area is the pin side of a door hinge it would mean the door opened outward and that would be awkward with a storm door.

I told him my sleuther friends had been discussing this door at length and I was sure they could answer this question.

Sorry I have not been able to keep up on all the posts for the past couple of days but figured you guys would have the answer.

thanks.
My front door swings inward a storm door would have to swing out I think? If their doors are similar the glass door would swing out and main door swings in- what if the family is partly correct regarding their “door shot in” comment - can you shoot the door lock through and then push the door open ?

Yeah, absolutely. It was in 2005 and I was a single mom. Had recently gotten out of a bad relationship (left my ex after learning he was into some bad drugs and criminal activity). It was a standard night: feed the kid, bathe the kid, bedtime story, then some me time for a bath, cocktail and a good book. I went to bed.

Around 3:30 am, there must’ve been a knock at the door. I barely even remember going to the door; I think I was not quite fully awake. I didn’t see anyone right away. When the door was open, a guy jumped from the cornerside of the porch, grabbed my arm and yanked me outside and put a gun to my throat.

I was so scared. All I could think of was my daughter, who was about 25 feet away sleeping inside in her room. The door was still open and I was scared she’d come out looking for me, because he was screaming about money. I was frantically trying to think of anything I could give him (I was a young, poor single mom then) and he started shaking me and screaming at me asking where my ex was. I told him I didn’t know. I was so scared and my arm hurt badly (he dislocated my shoulder jerking me outside).

Thank god, at that moment, a car drove past the road in front of my house. It must’ve startled him and he ran to his truck and peeled tires out. I ran inside, locked the door and called 911. They caught him (and his girlfriend who was apparently in the truck the whole time) about 10 miles away.

They were apparently some tweakers who had bad business with my long-estranged ex and came looking for him, though we’d been split up for (almost 2) years. Wrong address, wrong person. The guy was charged with pointing and presenting and some other stuff and the girl went to jail also because she had a probation violation or warrant of some sort. I moved very far away shortly after.
Wow! So glad you are here to tell the story. Bet it still haunts you when you are following crimes.

My front door swings inward a storm door would have to swing out I think? If their doors are similar the glass door would swing out and main door swings in- what if the family is partly correct regarding their “door shot in” comment - can you shoot the door lock through and then push the door open ?
But we were just looking at what we think is a pin side of a hinge and that would make that door swing out.

My solid door swings in and storm door swings out....probably code here. But when hubby looked at the picture that was the first thing he asked. I didn't have an explanation for him. Figured you guys would already have figured out if that is a hinge in the picture.

Probably because those were the only 2 vehicles they couldn't clear. It's entirely possible that neither is involved in any way, like LE said they were simply near the area at the time. The perps could have fled on foot. Unfortunately the camera footage is so poor that they couldn't even identify the color of the charger or even the make of the SUV, so im not expecting all that much
Vehicles of interest identified in Jayme Closs search

"Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said on Monday that through video camera footage from businesses and homes, they have identified two vehicles that were near the Closs home on Monday, Oct. 15, when Jayme Closs' parents were murdered and Jayme went missing."
They are pretty darn close to what to look for. My hubby said, "...how many red or orange Chargers are driving around, not very many. That's pretty good that they got video of the style and shade..."

Wow! So glad you are here to tell the story. Bet it still haunts you when you are following crimes.

It really has with this one. I think it is the door. I’ve been very focused on Mr. Closs going to the door because I still don’t even know why I opened it. I don’t know why he opened it, either. It is probably just one of those things where I’m trying to learn about myself from someone else’s experience. I just wish he and Denise were still here too.

It really has with this one. I think it is the door. I’ve been very focused on Mr. Closs going to the door because I still don’t even know why I opened it. I don’t know why he opened it, either. It is probably just one of those things where I’m trying to learn about myself from someone else’s experience. I just wish he and Denise were still here too.
We don’t know for sure that he did open that door. It’s possible that it was kicked in because he wouldn’t open it.

It’s also possible that he opened it slightly, and at that point the perpetrator forced it in.

There’s no way of knowing, atleast right now.

If someone kicked the door in like that they were determined to enter. Storm doors must have locks- guess it wasn't locked.

Let's be honest: I don't mean to be rough or anything like that, but if something does not break with this case with some new great supportive evidence in the near future the active LE and FBI search resources will run out. We really hope that the many unanswered questions will be answered.

Please tell me what Jayme's disappearance could be if not an abduction, or a murder with her body not yet found?

Very remote possibilities, but if she fled the house, she could have run into the woods and have been injured or gotten lost in the dark. If sufficiently scared and uncertain who to trust, she could also be hiding somewhere, possibly with a friend helping her/bringing food, etc. Unlikely, but any of those could be within the realm of possibility.

Yes, the time between the call and LE arrival is 7 minutes not 4. Another misconception that should be corrected : there is nothing anywhere stating that Mr Closs worked an evening or second shift. This has just been a suggestion from members here that has grown legs and become part of the case. In fact, in the early threads it was sugggested that someone with his job description would almost certainly NOT work a second shift on a Sunday.

I did not hold the misconception about the shift and would love to know if he even worked at all. What shift? Were they all home? Did he come home later?

Candidly though I just really didn’t pay that much attention to the important definition of ‘dispatch’ and everyone was saying four minutes so I never questioned it. Musta missed the clarification but we certainly must not have spent much time on it. No need to rehash, carry on...

they must have spent those 2 minutes 35 seconds doin the callback to DC phone?
00:53:26 911 call received
00:54:13 911 call terminated [it lasted 47 seconds per LE.]
00:56:01 dispatched 317, 325 & 329
1:00:29 317, 325, 329 arrived
Time from start of 911 call to officers arriving on the scene: 7 minutes 3 seconds.

Very remote possibilities, but if she fled the house, she could have run into the woods and have been injured or gotten lost in the dark. If sufficiently scared and uncertain who to trust, she could also be hiding somewhere, possibly with a friend helping her/bringing food, etc. Unlikely, but any of those could be within the realm of possibility.

This is what I suggested but LE seems to have said she did not run off...

So far it appears there has been no vehicle identification in Barron County nor has there been any person of interest identified. What is going on that someone outside of the area would violently break into a rural house, kill two adults, and abduct a child? What don't we know?

A Wisconsin teenager who has been missing since her parents were found dead in their home isn't a runaway and investigators believe she's in danger, a sheriff said Tuesday.

He declined to elaborate as to why investigators believe she didn't run away from home, saying that disclosing more information would compromise their investigation.

"I'm telling you, Jayme is missing and endangered," Fitzgerald said.

Amber Alert: Missing Wisconsin teen in danger, not a runaway, sheriff says

This is IMO but I think the door has been taken off the frame and is leaning against the wall partially in front of the door way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa