AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC from the obituary they had family in Cumberland.might have had to confirm Jayme was not with them before declaration?
I didn't see anyone listed in Cumberland. Her family was in Cameron, Cornell and Ladysmith.

Considering it is a small duplex that appears to have renters in and out over the years I don't think this is family.

That's true. But what I mean is, if they were just innocent people driving by, which seems unlikely since they have not come forward, then there is a good chance one or both might be involved. Then LE has good reason to pursue that angle and it's more likely it will lead to something, whether the drivers or someone who know them comes forward or not. I'm just hopeful it will lead to a suspect, since it seems to be the only promising lead right now. Jmo
I do not disagree, that is just how some people think.

The old saying that no news is good news doesn't apply here IMO. No news is bad news IMO.

Sadly you are correct Rocket.

Each day that passes makes the outcome more tragic that little Jayme may never be found either way.

If this monster has taken her life it's almost impossible for anyone to locate her body.

It truly is like looking for a tiny needle in a huge haystack and having no clue which haystack to even look in.

I pray this has not happened but each day that passes the odds aren't in Jayme's favor.

Jmo

Has anyone done a general crime map search for Barron County? I’m going to try to assemble some of these cases that the Sheriff has investigated. Included is;

Embezzlement

Armed Robbery

Meth Trafficking

Escape from incarceration.

Fraud

There are 3 embezzlement’s, 3 meth related charges and 2 escapes. The crime rate in this rural community is a shade under 40.00 in a scale of 1-100. That’s high. And these are the larger federal cases.

One positive is that Sheriff Fitzgerald is listed in each as being part of the investigation. I think that he and his assembled team are the best rural America has to offer.

That sounds to me like either family or a friend -- someplace LE thought Jayme might be, and only after learning she's not there would she be considered missing.

Kind of like how if I wasn't at my home, people would check my usual hangouts as well as my mom's place before labelling me missing.

I understand that, but why wouldn't they check with family that is active in her life? The aunts? Cousins? Etc. Most of which also reside closer to Barron if not in Barron. It just seems weird to me. How would they even know to look there?? Sheriff said in his first PC that he knew nothing of this family, they had never been in trouble nor had he visited their home in the past. They delay in them stating JLC was missing makes me wonder if they even knew she was living there right away.

This is also the only thing I have in question at this point, everything has been addressed and has an explanation.

I am at a complete loss with this case. I agree with a previous post that it is probably right in from of our faces but we are focusing on other things.

The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
328 AND 366 ARE ENROUTE TO 504 24 1/2AVE.[/QUOTE]

I did some research and I can see the names of the owners for this address/property, but it’s not a name that has been mentioned at all. I wonder about the connection, too? Hmmm

The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
328 AND 366 ARE ENROUTE TO 504 24 1/2AVE.

I did some research and I can see the names of the owners for this address/property, but it’s not a name that has been mentioned at all. I wonder about the connection, too? Hmmm

The new owners rent it out I believe. That family still lives in MN. I think it is an income property for them. I dived into all those records after the dispatch came out. Not sure how to find out who the current renters are though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Could they have been on another call- such as prowler-maybe check police log?

I didn't see anyone listed in Cumberland. Her family was in Cameron, Cornell and Ladysmith.

Considering it is a small duplex that appears to have renters in and out over the years I don't think this is family.
Maybe her caretaker???

Does anyone know if the bodies of water around Barron and behind Jayme's home were searched, either shoreline or by divers?
I don't think I've seen any reference to divers. There are a few mentions of bodies of water, however.

Photographs showed hundreds of vehicles parked in a field and the volunteers receiving instructions from officials before venturing out and looking for clues. A few brought dogs to help in the search, which included wooded areas, around ponds, and in fields.
2,000 Volunteers Help Officials Search for Missing Wisconsin Girl Jayme Closs

Organized into groups of 120 searchers apiece, assigned to locations throughout portions of central and southern Barron County, well over 1,000 volunteer citizens took to the woods, fields, pastures, ponds and rivers Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018, dressed in hiking boots and outdoor gear, as the search for missing Barron teenager Jayme Closs entered its second week.
Hundreds join new search; Volunteers comb woods, fields, pastures, river banks for clues

Last edited:
Different angle, and perhaps a useless one, but here goes:

We have been naturally assuming that the father was killed first, because he was found first at the front door entrance.

How would it change things, if we were to find out that he was killed after the mother?

I'm just not sure a case of mistaken identity can be ruled out at this point. The very first time I searched the Closs address, a different home, a bit further east along US-8 (13 1/2 Ave.), is where Google maps took me. Oddly enough, streetview shows a red pick-up truck in the driveway of that house as well. It's likely just a coincidence, as red pick-ups like the one James drove aren't exactly rare. However, it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility that someone looking for a split-level home on the north side of US-8 east of Barron with a red pick-up in the driveway could have been confused, and GPS and/or map apps may not have helped the situation.

This has been raised in earlier threads (and I believe pix of the other house were posted then), but hasn't been discussed much since then. I'm not sure how much sleuthing of this other house is allowed on here, but for those interested in taking a look, the address that shows the house in Google Maps is 1388 13 1/2 Ave., Barron, WI. (not US-8, which leads to a different property farther east in Barron. Why that is I have no idea, as US-8 and 13 1/2 Ave. seem to be the same road.)

According to the timeline of events at the very beginning on page 1 of this thread it was entered at 03.57.47 that JLC was listed as a missing juvenile.

Has anyone done a general crime map search for Barron County? I’m going to try to assemble some of these cases that the Sheriff has investigated. Included is;

Embezzlement

Armed Robbery

Meth Trafficking

Escape from incarceration.

Fraud

There are 3 embezzlement’s, 3 meth related charges and 2 escapes. The crime rate in this rural community is a shade under 40.00 in a scale of 1-100. That’s high. And these are the larger federal cases.

One positive is that Sheriff Fitzgerald is listed in each as being part of the investigation. I think that he and his assembled team are the best rural America has to offer.

Just a suggestion but it may be advantageous to add home invasions. They have really been on the uptick all across the country.

Many of them have resulted in some of the most gruesome cases I have kept up with in the past 5...6 years and even longer.

The suspect could be from surrounding counties as well imo.

Jmo

Different angle, and perhaps a useless one, but here goes:

We have been naturally assuming that the father was killed first, because he was found first at the front door entrance.

How would it change things, if we were to find out that he was killed after the mother?

I'm not writing this off or being rude even though it will sound that way...

But how would that have played out do you think?

It seems that those shorelines and bodies of water would be a priority before they freeze over for the winter. There would be no recovery until next spring. Perhaps LE has information that makes this approach unecessary.

just based on google street view it looks like it might be a duplex. Probably renters living the there? Maybe a friend of Jayme's live there and they wanted to make sure she wasn't there and then question them? (this is all speculation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member