PA - 11 killed, 6 injured in mass shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue, 27 Oct 2018 *guilty, death sentence*

Informative and touching read:

At a Pittsburgh Crime Scene, Jewish Volunteers Guard the ‘Bodies of Holy Martyrs’

“The idea being that when we die, our soul stays with us until our body is laid to rest and then the soul is free to go,” said Sharon Ryave Brody, who runs Ralph Schugar Chapel, a Jewish funeral home in Pittsburgh that is handling services for at least nine shooting victims. “During that time, that soul is kept company and not alone.”

Despite being told by Pittsburgh leaders (that would mean the mayor) that the city is unable to guarantee his safety today due to the 11 victim's funerals taking place and that it would be better for him to come after all victims were buried, the president of the US is coming to Pittsburgh today anyway.

The president was also advised it would be best for him to directly contact the families of the victims before planning his visit here.

Numerous "national leaders" - meaning politicians - refused the president's invitation to accompany him to Pittsburgh today.

Peduto declines meeting with President Trump during Pittsburgh visit

Pittsburgh is one of the largest small towns you will ever encounter.

Last edited:
I wish respect and solace and privacy for the family and friends of the martyred Jewish victims.

Especially PRIVACY, today and tomorrow

The news coverage will be bad enough, far less the unnecessary distraction of an unwanted visit

Trump arrived via Air Force One to absolutely no people gathered and only one official greeter on the tarmac at the bottom of the steps - some military guy. Melanie, Ivanka and Jared are with him.

According to local reporter who's onsite at the airport, he has been "asked to join the presidential press pool". He says he will go in the White House press van but that no one knows where they are going. The president's expected length of time in town is also unknown. Reporters guess they will go to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Oakland.

Also reported is a protest gathering on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill. This is the main business street in the community. Views of the assembling gathering show people of a wide range of ages, some of whom are carrying signs.

Updated 7 minutes ago....

Trump visits Pittsburgh synagogue to pay respects to victims of massacre
As Trump traveled through the city en route to the synagogue, most people appeared to watch the motorcade pass by with little interest, according to White House pool reports. People gave the president a thumbs-down or flashed obscene gestures at a couple of locations, while one man holding a baby could be heard shouting, "We didn't invite you here," the pool reports said.

Heated debate has surrounded Trump's visit....
The president and first lady spent about 20 minutes at the synagogue.
Myers accompanied them as they placed a small stone on each of the 11 stars placed outside the synagogue in memory of those killed. Ivanka Trump and Kushner, both Jewish, followed closely behind.

Inside the synagogue, the president and first lady lit candles in the vestibule to honor each of those killed, but they did not enter the crime scene area, according to the White House.

Trump visits Pittsburgh to pay respects in wake of synagogue massacre

I have a problem with the holding of (who) is accountable...

If one chooses hate, who are we in the 1A?

My goodness, I acknowledge both political sides, but damn, the rhetorical is so sad.

The heroic doctors and nurses. What rhetoric do they get?

Oh, hero, you will be a hero for a lifetime....

**** that ****. Do you think this loss usurps anything?

Ha! I didn't think so,

Bowers is ultimately accountable for the shooting of course, not anyone else - not you, not me, not anyone here at Websleuths, not anyone outside of WS, not the President, not the gun manufacturers, no one else.

There is something called individual action and personal accountability - Bowers made the choice to shoot this particular synagogue and the worshippers - a truly heinous crime.

But there is something even more dangerous at play here: collectivism. In simpler terms, the failure to recognize individualism, one's individual actions, - it seems like every single time a mass shooting takes place in America, it is always everyone else's fault except the shooter's. Of course, I disagree with that.

It is highly doubtful Bowers will receive the death penalty; at worst he will receive a slap on the wrist.

Unfortunately, slaps on the wrist have not deterred crimes like this, it simply exacerbates them.

Bowers is ultimately accountable for the shooting of course, not anyone else - not you, not me, not anyone here at Websleuths, not anyone outside of WS, not the President, not the gun manufacturers, no one else.

There is something called individual action and personal accountability - Bowers made the choice to shoot this particular synagogue and the worshippers - a truly heinous crime.

But there is something even more dangerous at play here: collectivism. In simpler terms, the failure to recognize individualism, one's individual actions, - it seems like every single time a mass shooting takes place in America, it is always everyone else's fault except the shooter's. Of course, I disagree with that.

It is highly doubtful Bowers will receive will track the death penalty; at worst he will receive a slap on the wrist.

Unfortunately, slaps on the wrist have not deterred crimes like this, it simply exacerbates them.

---

Mary, he will receive the death penalty. It make take years to weave through the courts, but I have no doubt.

I agree, no matter what comes at us in this world, each and every one of us has a choice.

All I know is my mom said she would wash my mouth out with soap if she ever heard certain words...

I'm hard pressed to use the expletive delietive. Even though I want to.

I'm smiling as I remember my mom, but damn, words have influence, and shape lives.

(Snipped by me)

It is highly doubtful Bowers will receive the death penalty; at worst he will receive a slap on the wrist.

A slap on the wrist?
I don’t think so.
What makes you think that?
And what is your definition of “slap on the wrist”?
I really want to understand your ideas here.
Thanks!

Troubling Details Uncovered In Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Suspect’s Past

Police said they had five encounters with him, four of those no more serious than a traffic citation.

But in 2004, police responded to Bowers’ apartment on what they call a medical situation. The chief says he is prohibited by law to speak about the nature of that call, but sources close to the investigation say Bowers threatened to kill himself.

According to those law enforcement sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, officers responded to the potential suicide call and were able to talk Bowers out of killing himself. The same sources say Bowers agreed to voluntarily commit himself to a mental health clinic, but never followed through.

Steelers attend funeral for brothers killed in Tree of Life Synagogue shooting

Two buses of Steelers players and staff attended the joint funeral on Tuesday for brothers Cecil and David Rosenthal, who were killed in the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting on Saturday in Pittsburgh.

Michele Rosenthal, the sister of the two victims, used to be the Steelers' community relations manager. Several players mentioned Rosenthal by name after the Steelers' 33-18 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.

"It was tough, it was crazy tough, especially with Michele and the closeness we have with her," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "We're thankful for the victory but we all understand, there are bigger things, there's life. I'm glad we could gift people three hours with a break."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Sunday said he was "a member of the Squirrel Hill community" and that "words cannot express how we feel."

Steelers attend funeral for brothers killed in Tree of Life Synagogue shooting

Two buses of Steelers players and staff attended the joint funeral on Tuesday for brothers Cecil and David Rosenthal, who were killed in the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting on Saturday in Pittsburgh.

Michele Rosenthal, the sister of the two victims, used to be the Steelers' community relations manager. Several players mentioned Rosenthal by name after the Steelers' 33-18 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.

"It was tough, it was crazy tough, especially with Michele and the closeness we have with her," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "We're thankful for the victory but we all understand, there are bigger things, there's life. I'm glad we could gift people three hours with a break."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Sunday said he was "a member of the Squirrel Hill community" and that "words cannot express how we feel."

I love this.

Troubling Details Uncovered In Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Suspect’s Past

Police said they had five encounters with him, four of those no more serious than a traffic citation.

But in 2004, police responded to Bowers’ apartment on what they call a medical situation. The chief says he is prohibited by law to speak about the nature of that call, but sources close to the investigation say Bowers threatened to kill himself.

According to those law enforcement sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, officers responded to the potential suicide call and were able to talk Bowers out of killing himself. The same sources say Bowers agreed to voluntarily commit himself to a mental health clinic, but never followed through.

Not surprised to hear this.
After gaining new found knowledge about “incels” (involuntarily celibate individuals) yesterday on WS, I learned that suicide is an element of the philosophy behind it. What a lost and hopeless subculture it is.

(Thanks for the updates, way behind here, hoping to catch up ASAP.)

I came across this article posted today:

Local places of worship take safety in their own hands with active shooter training

“Law enforcement believes active shooter training is another layer of protection in assuring that their citizens are armed with knowledge.

“So when that potentially could happen, you know how to react. You’re not just sitting there saying what’s my game plan? You have a game plan, you’re ready to go,” said Saunders.

Participants learn how to respond during an attack, what to do when first responders get on the scene as well as some warning signs of potential danger.“

Not surprised to hear this.
After gaining new found knowledge about “incels” (involuntarily celibate individuals) yesterday on WS, I learned that suicide is an element of the philosophy behind it. What a lost and hopeless subculture it is.
Most mass shooters kill themselves (or are killed by LE) to finish the event, even when they don't identify as "incel." (Which is not a thing. No one is owed sex or romantic partners in life!)

I think this loser's problem was a different kind of angry male hatred.

<modsnip> Bowers probably was watching Fox News. Lou Dobbs, in particular. Also Alex Jones. Bowers is a big fan of conspiracy theories and had been posting about the big scary "caravan" being funded by George Soros.

Why Did Synagogue Suspect Believe Migrant Caravan Is Jewish Conspiracy? Maybe He Watched Fox News.

"Beyond what he could have heard on Fox News, though, Bowers also seemed to be fond of a theory that has become viral on far-right websites and forums. That theory involves a photo that appears to show migrants getting onto a truck that has an apparent Star of David visible on the side. To the surprise of no one, Infowars’ Alex Jones also got in on the conspiracy theory, saying the caravan was an example of how Soros and others are trying to open up “large migration routes from the third-world into the first-world as part of a neo-colonialism system.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back