AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that’s just where he normally parked, because it seems closer to the front door to me. If you park by the garage doors, you have to walk around the truck, and the little hill to get up to the walkway to the front door. It’s a straight shot to the door from the front of the truck. So whether or not he was in a hurry, I think it’s faster and easier to park there. IMO

Wouldn’t he go in through the garage or to the back door? Who uses the front door?

I do not think they went to the wrong house. I think they got what they came for and that was Jayme. imo
Let’s assume for the sake of argument, that these guys went to the wrong house (going plural here). At some point, they likely would have realized their error.

Why stay for 20 minutes?

Why compound your error by committing a kidnapping?

I agree with you. I don’t buy the “wrong house” theory.

Last edited:
Barron County Sheriff's Department

October 31, 2018 Update

No new updates but we have received over 2100 tips and have closed over 1975 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Still nothing. moo.

Thanks for this post PommyMommy. Interested to read two different quotes from the Sheriff on the UPDATE page regarding whether Jayme was in the house the night of the killings. In one section he says' We believe Jayme WAS in the home at the time of the homicides, and we believe she is still in danger.' But further down the page he says 'We believe she MAY have been in the house.' I don't know which of the Sheriff's quotes came first though?

He starts as MAY and within the first 72 hour progressed to more definite and clarified that they knew from things they heard on the call, and other evidence they couldn't talk about. It's my speculation that the may turned to definite in part b/c of the enhanced 911 call.

Note: This has nothing to do with Jayme's family being suspects. It is quite different then the name might imply.
I hadn't realized that Wisconsin was one of the few states that allows Familial DNA testing until looking for DNA times. I wonder if they are using it with this case? It seems pretty remarkable.
Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) — FBI
You can read how it was used to catch the Golden State killer in this link if interested. Truly amazing!
How did investigators find the alleged Golden State Killer? Through his great-great-great grandparents - The Washington Post
It is great that they are doing this, but the two technologies are different.

Wisconsin uses criminal databases to search for familial matches within a population that only includes criminals. This is still effective, because crime tends to run in the family.

The method used to catch the Golden state killer, differs a bit.

In that case, a public database was searched for familial matches to the DNA of the Golden State Killer.

Genealogists then used this information to trace his family tree, ultimately landing on James DeAngelo.

I’m so concerned this story is fizzling out! What kept Molli Tibett’s going so strong?
I think it was her family. MT family was very visible doing interviews and going to vigils. They even handed out posters at the Iowa state fair. It makes me so sad that Jaymes parents aren’t here to keep the story strong.

Her family had long history in Brooklyn. And I think people saw her bright shining personality snuffed out. They are also very protective of her.

I think if handled correctly Jaymes can go onas well. It has to be a local effort.

Her family had long history in Brooklyn. And I think people saw her bright shining personality snuffed out. They are also very protective of her.

I think if handled correctly Jaymes can go onas well. It has to be a local effort.

And note the Sheriff has not appeared in PC for days. He is utilizing social media now. Only a couple interviews. Not a lot of self generated media attention. ?????????????

Obviously, we don’t know the answer to this question, but, I’m frustratingly wondering why whoever called 911 didn’t tell the dispatcher “A stranger broke in to my house” or “Our neighbor/coworker, Bob, is here” ?

Just something, anything like that could point LE in a direction. It’s possible the caller did say something like this, and it’s just too garbled in the audio, but, man, that would surely be helpful info.

It is great that they are doing this, but the two technologies are different.

Wisconsin uses criminal databases to search for familial matches within a population that only includes criminals. This is still effective, because crime tends to run in the family.

The method used to catch the Golden state killer, differs a bit.

In that case, a public database was searched for familial matches to the DNA of the Golden State Killer.

Genealogists then used this information to trace his family tree, ultimately landing on James DeAngelo.

MassGuy,

You should be on NCIS!

And note the Sheriff has not appeared in PC for days. He is utilizing social media now. Only a couple interviews. Not a lot of self generated media attention. ?????????????
It’s not a good look to stand in front of the media during a press conference and say that there are no new developments.

It makes him look bad, wastes people’s time, and diminishes the significance of future press conferences when he has something important to communicate.

Social media is still an effective tool, sometimes more-so than the alternative.

Am I correct in assuming that only Denise and Jayme were active in the church ? James didn't attend ?

If true, a church goer may have taken a liking to Jayme and Denise. People would be unlikely to suggest someone from their congregation as suspicious as well.

That’s the trouble w these cases, so many suspects and so few actual perpetrators.

And I think the family in Barron is scared, and rightly so!

Last edited:
Wouldn’t he go in through the garage or to the back door? Who uses the front door?

me at my own house 95% of the time. I know that's less common than using other doors but its not unheard of. I have an old house (inside remodeled) and the carport is very very narrow and I have a SUV so I don't like to pull in I park in the drive way and go in the front door. IMO the Closs garage doors look pretty narrow similar to my carport. I wonder if they did the same.

Does anyone find it curious that beside the neighbors, no one has talked to the media? Specifically those that have already been interviewed by LE. Did I miss something? Usually there’s a line waiting to talk to journalists. Opinions?
Sheriff met w townspeople early on. No media allowed. Prob told them that to help the case keep your lips zipped.

I suppose it is possible that the shots at @ 12.31 am were 'departing' shots or even the initial, and only shots for all we know.....
They left with Jayme........
Denise was capable of dialing 911 at 12.51 - perhaps she couldn't speak or her voice was weak, she died before officers arrived and as another poster suggested: background noise could have been the TV
(although it would still be on when officers arrived......would they note something like that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch