TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing any family or friend of the 3 would have killed them. They would have plenty of opportunities to kill the one individual and not try to kidnap or kill 3 girls instead of just the one target. Not impossible I know. I just think it was a stranger who either used an authority ruse or someone befriended them as being more plausible. But the note throws a wrench in the stranger theory. I dont see the need for a stranger to mail the note. So confusing

Does anyone know of other, similar, unsolved three-female disappearances? Only one I can think of is the three in Springfield, Missouri - Levitt, Streeter, and McCall.
There was the murders of Joan, Michelle and Christe Rogers by Oba Chandler. They weren’t missing very long though before their bodies floated back up to the surface. Here’s their story. One of the best longform articles ever written, IMO.

Angels & Demons

Does anyone know of other, similar, unsolved three-female disappearances? Only one I can think of is the three in Springfield, Missouri - Levitt, Streeter, and McCall.

Carole Sund, 42, her daughter Juli Sund, 15, and family friend Silvina Pelosso, 16 - the Yosemite murders. Their bodies were found fairly quickly.
His Deadly Secret

Is the part about the 3 girls suppose to have been meeting up with a couple of other kids in Murphy''s at noon a fact? If so who were they? how old?
Just a reminder - to myself as well - all 'facts' need sources, all theories are noted as theories. Otherwise we are no better here than FB! :oops:
We are civilized people. They slammed the door shut over there. Almost 13,000 new ppl wandering in the desert. Not our circus - not our monkeys.
Please remember that I would not share something with this group were it not sourced and verified by multiple sources to MY satisfaction. Until yesterday I had not pointed out a conflict in witness accounts. Even the weather can be an important detail - the point I wanted to make.
Shana's story, in her own words (c.2000), does not align with any other account of the events of the morning. Period. In fact, her account is unsupportable by any version of facts. Shawn has claimed, publically, the "story" he grew up with to be (substantially) the same as the one his mother told in the document I have from 2000.
Case File Wish List:
1) witness interviews/statements from the first 72 hours.

We are civilized people. They slammed the door shut over there. Almost 13,000 new ppl wandering in the desert. Not our circus - not our monkeys.
Please remember that I would not share something with this group were it not sourced and verified by multiple sources to MY satisfaction. Until yesterday I had not pointed out a conflict in witness accounts. Even the weather can be an important detail - the point I wanted to make.
Shana's story, in her own words (c.2000), does not align with any other account of the events of the morning. Period. In fact, her account is unsupportable by any version of facts. Shawn has claimed, publically, the "story" he grew up with to be (substantially) the same as the one his mother told in the document I have from 2000.
Case File Wish List:
1) witness interviews/statements from the first 72 hours.
You are an insider to me. No need to quote sources:)

But so are Shana and Shawn. Eg. If Shawn comes here and post, he doesn't need to quote source. We can't be responsible for conflicting insiders' accounts here.

But if any other as agency did pull out other cars, I would hope they would have alerted authorities to remains in the car. But if the list was available could still maybe tie the vehicle to a poi
If an underwater obstacle presents a safety hazard for boaters, swimmers, etc. (depth matters) the Army COE is legally obligated to attach a buoy to it or remove it. The Tarrant County Sheriff's coordinates removals, whether it's a submerged fridge, tractor, fishing boat or vehicle. In most cases, lake level, brings these to the attention of the Army COE. It's a garbage detail. There is no assumption to look for human remains. Were it not a State requirement for the DMV to record transactions of VIN#'s the TCSO would just drag out and haul off whatever the large piece of junk is. It is a requirement, so, however remote the chance - I want to see the Army's records, and the State records, and the stolen vehicle reports from Fort Worth, and Arlington. Simple, but not easy.

Carole Sund, 42, her daughter Juli Sund, 15, and family friend Silvina Pelosso, 16 - the Yosemite murders. Their bodies were found fairly quickly.
His Deadly Secret
I envy unsolved cases that have bodies. That sounds awful; I know. I believe these folks deserve to upgrade from perpetual suffering to never-ending pain. It's why I can't stop looking. I think when we find them we will be able to hear the puzzle pieces falling into place.

FW_Cat I would say the issue with the hoody is "Last Seen at Seminary South." I haven't found a credible source that stated they saw the girls at the shopping center...just their car. Maybe I'm being to particular as to the wording...

FW_Cat I would say the issue with the hoody is "Last Seen at Seminary South." I haven't found a credible source that stated they saw the girls at the shopping center...just their car. Maybe I'm being to particular as to the wording...
The closest thing I seen to a sighting was the guy who talked to them at the record shop and then called Rachel's father one night at 1AM to tell him.Is this guy the tooth collecter?

I joked with family about cornering the t-shirt market (in July.) I'll get in trouble if I post a picture of that $40 hoodie, but I promise to provide a FREE t-shirt (my design) to the first 10 ppl to PM me the problem everyone should have with that hoodie.:rolleyes:

I found it interesting that it asks for anyone with information to contact RA through the Facebook group, rather than the police.

The closest thing I seen to a sighting was the guy who talked to them at the record shop and then called Rachel's father one night at 1AM to tell him.Is this guy the tooth collecter?

I don't think so. Like most of the "according to Rusty" story collection - that witness is a mash-up of fact and fiction. The only credible eye-witness to have seen the girls (that I know of) was a guy from high school that was a manager at The Record Bar. It was next-door to Murphy's. That would be Robbie Ramsel. Same class as Tommy [1971], tall funny guy everyone liked. He was in that crowd Tommy hung around. Even if he didn't recognize Rachel - he would have remembered Tommy if she decided to say "Hello." What I can't stitch together is him calling Rachel's parents at 1am since he wouldn't have known how to reach them. If he was losing sleep over it, he would have called Tommy - a phone number in "the book." Also, the record department in Murphy's was just inside the entrance. Sears had a record department. Robbie Ramsel is one of many names on the lists that litter Rusty's personal case file. I doubt he was the late night caller, and I am certain he was not the tooth collector. I would expect the police interviewed him, as he would have made the short-list in the first few days. I'm sure Debbie remembers him. Ask her. She may have provided his name to police since she no doubt was trying to help. Robbie died in 1999. If he told police he saw the girls; he did. RIP. It's a mash-up even in the press. But he wasn't named. He's the guy I knew that is probably the guy referred to regarding record stores/departments. Finally, he would not have been "following them around," as the mash-up goes. He would have been at work that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cat, Tommy went to SW didn't he? What class? Trying to see if I still know anyone that knew him.
Yes. Class of 1971. I have SWHS yearbooks from 1967-1989. I know Richard Stamm tried to help him out at the time (it was his family that had the land in Throckmorton.) They were in homeroom together and were neighbors as kids before the Trlicia's bought the house on Minot. Also, Pat [last name] came up from Austin the next day. I think he and his wife are the ones that drove all night, then turned around and left. Tuesday was chaos. Pat's parents and Tommy's parents were friends. I doubt Debbie knew Pat or would have noticed him that morning. Everything became about "the Letter" once the mail arrived. Richard Stamm passed away a few years ago but Pat & Linda still live in Austin. The reason I mention the yearbooks is because homeroom was the same all 4 years. I've looked at the names and faces (30) to the right and left of Tommy and can't come up with anyone I'd be interested in talking to. If Tommy had "friends" I can't think of who they would be.

I found it interesting that it asks for anyone with information to contact RA through the Facebook group, rather than the police.
You just might get a t-shirt. Specifically, it reads, in big RED letters to "PM Rusty Arnold at Fort Worth Missing Trio." It doesn't even say Facebook. It's the billboard to nowhere. Nice catch!

I agree that is a problem. But it isn't THE problem. You still might get a t-shirt. ;)

Th short answer is: Rachel's car. They would have gone to the car. They did not have any money. Doubt any "shopping" took place. That is why crowds and long lines do not affect the timeline - including not meeting up at Murphy's with 11 year old Janet & Terri-Ann. The purpose of going shopping was to get out of the house. Renee had an errand. It was accomplished. "Shopping" is entertainment to young girls.
Yes, but where would they have gone if they had finished their shopping? How close to Seminary South was Rachel and Tommy's house? Is it plausible that the girls could have driven to Rachel & Tommy's house, or is it more or less certain that they would have taken Julie home first?
-
Someone may have abducted or murdered to girls elsewhere and then returned the Oldsmobile to the Sears upper lot. The lack of presents in the car doesn't mean anything. Some reports say that gifts were in the car, but even if no presents were present, the culprit could have destroyed those presents in order to make it appear that that the girls had not made it back to their car. It's also possible that the girls left the mall without buying anything.
-
<modsnip - sleuthing non POI>

Yes, but where would they have gone if they had finished their shopping? How close to Seminary South was Rachel and Tommy's house? Is it plausible that the girls could have driven to Rachel & Tommy's house, or is it more or less certain that they would have taken Julie home first?
-
Someone may have abducted or murdered to girls elsewhere and then returned the Oldsmobile to the Sears upper lot. The lack of presents in the car doesn't mean anything. Some reports say that gifts were in the car, but even if no presents were present, the culprit could have destroyed those presents in order to make it appear that that the girls had not made it back to their car. It's also possible that the girls left the mall without buying anything.
-
<modsnip - sleuthing non POI>
Hmmm..
How about the girls were abducted for their jewellery and Christmas presents? Then the perps realised those presents were only $23's worth, jewellery not much more, so they decided to kidnap them for ransom.

Somehow the girls were accidentally killed:confused: so the perps returned the girls' car to the place of abduction, at great risk to themselves (getting caught), to pretend nothing had happened outside the mall. Of course they had also disposed of the bodies, and cleaned up all traces of their activities on the car.

How likely was that scenario? Brainstorm:)

I don't think so. Like most of the "according to Rusty" story collection - that witness is a mash-up of fact and fiction. The only credible eye-witness to have seen the girls (that I know of) was a guy from high school that was a manager at The Record Bar. It was next-door to Murphy's. That would be Robbie Ramsel. Same class as Tommy [1971], tall funny guy everyone liked. He was in that crowd Tommy hung around. Even if he didn't recognize Rachel - he would have remembered Tommy if she decided to say "Hello." What I can't stitch together is him calling Rachel's parents at 1am since he wouldn't have known how to reach them. If he was losing sleep over it, he would have called Tommy - a phone number in "the book." Also, the record department in Murphy's was just inside the entrance. Sears had a record department. Robbie Ramsel is one of many names on the lists that litter Rusty's personal case file. I doubt he was the late night caller, and I am certain he was not the tooth collector. I would expect the police interviewed him, as he would have made the short-list in the first few days. I'm sure Debbie remembers him. Ask her. She may have provided his name to police since she no doubt was trying to help. Robbie died in 1999. If he told police he saw the girls; he did. RIP. It's a mash-up even in the press. But he wasn't named. He's the guy I knew that is probably the guy referred to regarding record stores/departments. Finally, he would not have been "following them around," as the mash-up goes. He would have been at work that day.
If there was only one credible witness who saw the girls at Seminary South, how did LE come to the theory that they left with "someone they trusted"? (Yes I am back there). There was little evidence what they were doing while they were inside the mall. Let alone how they got to leave. LE better have some more witnesses that you don't know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa