AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do sex offenders usually commit violent house invasions like this one? It just seems to me that a sex offender would have had other easier opportunities to abduct Jayme. Why do it at a time both parents would probably be home? Seems like the perp(s) chose this time/date because they were extremely angered at that moment or had it pre-planned in their mind to kill both parents to help and/or obtain Jayme.

I can think of cases like the horrific and tragic Petit family case it is very distressing and heartbreaking.

I was watching an interview with the Sheriff this morning and I finally saw a really good clear shot of the chair that was removed from the home. This is where I saw it: Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs

I captured a screen shot, and am sharing it here b/c I think it will make for interesting discussion now that we can see it so clearly.

This is an excellent pic of the chair. Anyone wondering why that pink fiber wasn't collected - or maybe it's just an artifact or fuzz in the air.
Another totally bizarre, "I've been watching way too many true crime shows" moment here. The 911 call won't be released. They were using equipment to enhance/clean it up to maybe decipher info.
Would there be any way, if they cleaned it up enough, that they could separate the pitch/tone of just the perp? Like to create a voice that sounds similar to a voice they believe to be the murderer. I know people ID me by my voice even after 20 some years.
You could change your looks - hair, beard, etc. Voices kinda stay the same. Maybe someone would recognize the voice.
I'll climb back into my own private crazy again. lol

I have a little experience with viewing bullet projectile damage from target practicing with various objects.

IMO I do think that is bullet damage. It almost looks to me that the bullet went straight at the edge which would cause damage to both the upper and lower sides of the seat part. I hope LE has looked inside that damaged area because the lead or copper jacketed projectile could still be embedded inside the chair if it went in straight at the edge like I suspect.

There is more damage to the top part where it splintered upwards so if I am right that its bullet damage then the bullet could have come out the top. But even so there could be small pieces of the bullet inside that wood.

LE probably was able to get other bullets from the scene so they may not need to recover it.

Expanding on this. If it was bullet damage then I have to wonder if maybe the chair had gotten knocked over and as the perp shot downward at one of the victims the bullet may have gone downward toward the edge of the chair like that if the chair was already knocked over.

Or as was mentioned by others the chair may have been used as a shield when someone was pointing a gun at them.
I agree it looks to have hit from the front edge, likely not a intended place for whatever reason, as the tumble of bullet increased the splintering increased. moo.

I would think that a dog as little as Molly wouldn't be able to get up quite that high maybe to cause such damage - but even if she could, the damage seems fresh. I know when dogs chew things, typically the damaged wood looks chewed (teeth marks), and dirty. A dog that small? This is more what I would expect a chewed area to look like:chewed wood | Everyday Adventures in Havachon Heaven
- others may disagree, just my opinion.
You have a very valid point and I my be way off...just throwing it out there...this is the type of damage my cat does...very shredded and splintery

Attachments

• 20181109_103008.jpg
    20181109_103008.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20181109_103033.jpg
    20181109_103033.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 69
This is a far stretch but could damage to the chair be caused by the dog chewing or clawing at it over time...perhaps the damage had allready been there? My cat sharpens her claw on a board in the basement and has shredded it
No. Not IMO. I’ve fostered hundreds of dogs and cats, many chewers and scratchers, and there would be teeth or claw marks very visible near the splintering.

NOTICE:
I put the screen shot of the chair into photoshop and I FLIPPED it so its facing the opposite way than how it was originally captured. I did this just to give myself a new perspective on it...

I've circled some areas I found interesting that I wanted to draw your attention to and discuss:
-> The tie around screen left - it is dirty and is that spatter I see? It may not be. It could just be pixelated.
-> Pink-is fibre (screen left). Did someone's clothing catch there on a splinter or was it not even related to the attack and was there from some prior time?
-> Screen right, near the back rest - what is that tiny little fibre there? Wood splinter? Hair? Clothing fibre?
-> The underside of the chair is a clean sorta non splintered area - or less splintered than other area above it. This makes me go back to thinking a sharp edge came into contact with that chair in that spot.

Thoughts?

EDITED: omg I forgot to add the pic of the chair that I flipped in shop and circled areas of interest. Pass the coffee?

This is a great detailed picture of the chair. If it had been a cat or dog then I would imagine that you would likely see other bite or claw marks around the splintering. I believe this was caused by a bullet by the way the splintering seems to have violently shot out of the chair and by the pattern visible under the chair.

You have a very valid point and I my be way off...just throwing it out there...this is the type of damage my cat does...very shredded and splintery

Cat and dog damages are very different, IMO. Dogs tend to use the teeth more and chew. Very sloppy. They also would not be able to create that split in that way. I have way too much experience in this area. lol

RE: bullet in chair

I think it looks like bullet damage the shot came from above and behind the chair and came in at a 45 degree angle or maybe even a little less. The bullet coming in at and angle caused it to dig or burrow in to the wood pushing the splinters you see on top up. The impact force of the bullet caused punching shear and flexure in the bottom of the chair causing slivers to break off (in the close up picture you can still see one the is partially coming off but still there). This means the bullet is almost certainly still in the chair which maybe why they took it away from the scene.

Sheriff is doing a live interview about JC case right now: DrydenWire

Thanks for sharing! The live broadcast seems to be going on about 46 minutes now, and I had only started watching a few minutes ago. Will definitely be worth a watch once the full video becomes available after the live broadcast. Some great Q&A with the Sheriff. Jmo

Last edited:
In viewing the chair photo on a hi-def computer monitor, it's clear that there is something still wedged in the split.

View attachment 154701 View attachment 154702

I would not be surprised if there is pieces or even the whole bullet embedded in that wood.

I live in country and have a backyard gun range and I have 2X6 wood panels surrounding my sand pit gun range. So I get to see wood damage from bullets pretty often and IMO it really does look like classic bullet damage.

You can tell the damage was caused by high velocity impact.

I also have dug out bullets from wood and depending on how far away I was or if the bullet hit something else before entering the wood will depend on how deep the bullet gets embedded into the wood. Often the bullet goes clean through too.

Very often a bullet is deformed and gets broken into fragments after impact. When I try to dig out a bullet I often only find fragments of it. In the sand area of my target pit I sometimes can find the whole bullet and usually it is so deformed it looks like a chunk of mangled lead.

Last edited:
At the end of the previous thread there was discussion about whether Jayme might be in the woods not very far from the house, and if she was wounded there would be a blood trail. And I'm thinking not necessarily. My brother once had a deep stab wound that had almost no external bleeding. He didn't even realize how bad the injury was until he laid down for bed and a big clot of blood spurted out the opening.

Not saying Jayme was stabbed, just that wounds do funny things and while lack of a blood trail suggests certain things, I wouldn't take it as definitive, either.

RE: bullet in chair

I think it looks like bullet damage the shot came from above and behind the chair and came in at a 45 degree angle or maybe even a little less. The bullet coming in at and angle caused it to dig or burrow in to the wood pushing the splinters you see on top up. The impact force of the bullet caused punching shear and flexure in the bottom of the chair causing slivers to break off (in the close up picture you can still see one the is partially coming off but still there). This means the bullet is almost certainly still in the chair which maybe why they took it away from the scene.

These were exactly my thoughts last night. To me, it seems clear that it's bullet damage that came in at a 45 degree angle. I do wonder if the damage we see is the result of a bullet passing through a body part before hitting the seat of the chair, though. What are your thoughts on that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew