Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. She might as well have said, "Well if I murdered Chris and his sister and father, I certainly would never admit it! I mean, how stupid can he be?!" Imo
It's exactly what gitana was saying about the typical FA's mother. They deny the child has any faults - so the child isn't a person anymore - he is an ideal. He is killed off.

What I find interesting is that she admits it, and she thinks there is nothing wrong with that. The bigger deal to her is admitting you did it.

I could not spend 5 minutes around this toxic, spiteful family. I'm judging them at the worst time in their lives, but it's also a time when so much love, humility, and sorrow could be shown. There is NOTHING like that inside them.

Why was the only option placing them all in one grave? How about digging 3 separate graves? Duh.

I am still reeling that they BOTH seemed to feel this suggested his innocence! It’s so absurd and non sensical you couldn’t try to be even more foolhardy! Did Bella & CeeCee go into separate tanks because he didn’t want them to be together? Can Cindy & Ron Watts hear themselves?

bolded by me
It's going to be very interesting next week when SW's family and friends disclose more of what was really happening. We know CW told his OWN family about his plans to divorce SW. That's even what the CW friend/family VI told us.

IF it turns out that her family and friends knew nothing about a planned separation, IMO it means that CW was planning their murders for weeks and intended for his own family to back up his absurd story about her taking the girls and leaving everything behind just to spite him.

Because of their interview behaviors, statements and “ the letter”, I find it hard to believe anything they say at face value. If Chris did tell them he was planning on divorcing her, your theory is very plausible that he was setting the stage. That is another bizarre layer to their statements, they do not realize that saying he didn’t love her, he wanted out is actually giving motive to his actions. No wonder his attorneys advised against communication with them.

Last edited:
“I don’t know how he could do that. I want to stop it before it’s too late," Cindy Watts told the news station. “I want to talk to him; we haven’t been able to talk to him. I know I raised a good man and he was such a good person, such a good person. He was not a sociopath or psychopath or kill animals or anything like that ... didn’t do any of these things people are saying he did.

“He’s not that monster people are portraying to him to be. I love my son no matter what. I want to fight for him. I don’t want him to go down for something he didn’t do.”

‘He’s not that monster’: Parents of Chris Watts speak out on murders of wife, daughters

While a full picture of the couple’s life may never be made public, those who knew them have described a seemingly happy union possibly beset by tension. One friend told ABC News that, before the killings, Chris “wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that.”

His parents said Monday they were unaware he was preparing to plead guilty, and Ronnie said he can only think it was to spare both families the pain of a protracted trial.

Cindy said she told her son: If he wasn’t a murderer, he should not plead.

As Chris Watts' Parents Defend Him, Murdered Wife's Family Slams 'Grotesque & False Statements'

Because of their interview behaviors, statements and “ the letter”, I find it hard to believe anything they say at face value. If Chris did tell them he was planning on divorcing her, your theory is very plausible, that he was setting the stage. That is another bizarre layer to their statements, they do not realize that saying he didn’t love her, he wanted out is actually giving motive to his actions. No wonder his attorneys advised against communication with them.
I’m thinking maybe there is some truth to this “letter” and maybe it is being used by the prosecution as evidence to illustrate premeditation and some kind of elaborate plan by CW to rid himself of his family.

What I don’t understand is how the parents haven’t brought up the girls once in any of the interviews. Nothing about “we are devastated those innocent girls and soon to be grandson are gone and we are so sad etc. This is very telling to me. My parents and in laws care more about my kids than me and my hubby. Everyone’s whole world is revolved around the grand babies for my family. But not once did they mention their own grandchildren in any interviews.

Maybe since they disliked his wife they carried that dislike towards their grandkids also?

Because of their interview behaviors, statements and “ the letter”, I find it hard to believe anything they say at face value. If Chris did tell them he was planning on divorcing her, your theory is very plausible that he was setting the stage. That is another bizarre layer to their statements, they do not realize that saying he didn’t love her, he wanted out is actually giving motive to his actions. No wonder his attorneys advised against communication with them.
bolded by me
Of course if that was his 'plan' all along it was beyond stupid and he was inevitably going to be caught. But like y'all have been saying the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

“I don’t know how he could do that. I want to stop it before it’s too late," Cindy Watts told the news station. “I want to talk to him; we haven’t been able to talk to him. I know I raised a good man and he was such a good person, such a good person. He was not a sociopath or psychopath or kill animals or anything like that ... didn’t do any of these things people are saying he did.

“He’s not that monster people are portraying to him to be. I love my son no matter what. I want to fight for him. I don’t want him to go down for something he didn’t do.”

‘He’s not that monster’: Parents of Chris Watts speak out on murders of wife, daughters
He was a good person because he didn't kill animals? He killed human beings! His own family! Good Lord. o_O MOO

@MsBetsy, more:

"We were denied contact with our son, from August through October."

“How does he go from a decent person to a killer?” she asked. “If he won’t fight for his daggone self, I will.”

“He was in sports from when he was 5 until 17 years old,” Cindy told the station. “He was normal, he didn’t have a temper, he was just easygoing like his dad. He’s not a monster.”

According to KMGH, the couple claimed their son changed when he married Shan’ann, alleging the couple had an abusive relationship and Shan’ann isolated Chris from his family.

The son may have distanced himself from his controlling/abusive family. We don't know what Chris told his wife about his upbringing or family.

Wow, that second article really seems to mirror her sons interviews. It's all about her; "I cry in the morning. I cry in the afternoon, I cry when someone gives me a hug. I just want to know what triggered it." She mentions several times she wants to find out what the trigger was ( what Shanann did to cause him to lose control) how she thinks she is more capable of this than her son. Then says he is not capable of it at all. Not one word about her grandchildren. Then she states that someone needs to do something to help him. A call to arms maybe? This is really adding fuel to the fire for his supporters. I wonder what they are saying now. No wonder his legal team kept her away from him. She is toxic. Imo

I'd love a psychologist to weigh in on Chris' mother. Not mentioning the grandkids, seems jealous of the wife. Emotional incest with the son?
There's a reason Chris has anger issues towards women may have stuffed away his rage his entire life.

Maybe since they disliked his wife they carried that dislike towards their grandkids also?

I do think it's possible that if CW's mom disliked SW as much as she did (self-professed even) that she would very much see the grandchildren as an extension of SW and therefore would not form the same connection that a typical grandmother would :(. I don't think CW's mother *disliked* the girls, but I do think she was emotionally detached. B/c they were 1/2 SW, so to speak.

She probably felt even more threatened/replaced, especially as they were girls (and Shannan’s at that). She’s clearly the narcissist I assumed she was but I’m actually shocked at just how personality disordered she appears to be. Most people would have the good sense to at least pretend to have liked Shannan...or at least not rant about her.
I’m not even joking when I say if one of my girls dates a guy with a mother like this I’m taking it as a HUGE red flag and doing anything I can to destroy that relationship. I don’t need nor want to be sleuthing my own kid’s murder.

RUN!
I dated a guy with MNPD, and I didn't know it but the first RED FLAG I ignored was his NPD controlling, jealous mother. She HATED all women, no was good enough for her adopted Golden Child.
He had rage issues towards women because of her controlling, emotional incest/sexual abuse.

While a full picture of the couple’s life may never be made public, those who knew them have described a seemingly happy union possibly beset by tension. One friend told ABC News that, before the killings, Chris “wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that.”

His parents said Monday they were unaware he was preparing to plead guilty, and Ronnie said he can only think it was to spare both families the pain of a protracted trial.

Cindy said she told her son: If he wasn’t a murderer, he should not plead.

As Chris Watts' Parents Defend Him, Murdered Wife's Family Slams 'Grotesque & False Statements'
They are in compete denial. It might take some time for them to accept the truth. His mom might never accept it, and if not, she risks being very bitter the rest of her life. She cannot recover from this blow unless she accepts the truth, and if she doesn't recover, then it is like another loss of life. I have sympathy for her shock, though I don't find her likeable. I do hope she finds her way to acceptance and peace, however long that might take. I also hope people "let her go" because these interviews don't help anyone, imo, except to sell stories and get clicks, I suppose. The info adds nothing but bitterness and I think should be avoided by all. She is a victim, even if unlikable, too.
Jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members