Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are other reasons, but the one that stands out to me is that family members may wish to give victim impact statements. They should be allowed time not only to make that decision but to prepare their statement(s). MOO
And Due Diligence. The courts are making sure they do everything correctly.

I find it really, really strange that these people and Mrs Watts are the only people that know the full story but Mrs Watts nor the podcast people have never spoken to CW about the crime and Mr Watts only spoke to him before he was charged and one day after he had lied in the porch interviews and kept lying about the affair until he was forced to admit it.
I don't believe that they don't know that their son is a liar.

Now she's calling herself the family's media representative. She's the one that states she coordinated (and convinced the family to do) the interviews for the family with the media outlets.

They could barely be less professional or less reputable. They are self congratulatory, full of false information and often straight up lies. They’ve succeeded in making a hobby, sport and a buck off of this tragedy and victim blaming.

They see it as a boon that they are in touch with the Watts family but that they are trying to influence them re: the case is not only unfortunate but blasphemous.

It is horrifying to watch.

I do think it's possible that if CW's mom disliked SW as much as she did (self-professed even) that she would very much see the grandchildren as an extension of SW and therefore would not form the same connection that a typical grandmother would :(. I don't think CW's mother *disliked* the girls, but I do think she was emotionally detached. B/c they were 1/2 SW, so to speak.

Holy smokes. It's true.

My aunt has "adopted" a sibling set that happen to be the children of one of my cousin's kids. She babysits for them (they live directly across the road from my cousin) and they are ALL she talks about. She basically abandoned her actual grandkids. I feel sorry for them.

I thought it was because she can't control the situation. I hadn't thought about what you said. But she did sneeringly comment once that her grand daughter looks exactly like her daughter in law!!

I have seen this happen in some missing persons cases. When strangers approach people at their lowest moment, offering help and advice, it’s best to be skeptical and very cautious. There is almost always an ulterior motive. The Watts family is being victimized by these people who will soon move on to gossiping about the next case. They should have hired an attorney or a family spokesperson. This is really bad.
Agreed. They are either getting terrible input from the wrong people or too bullheaded to listen to anyone of reason who could best advise them. This is a bad trainwreck. I would actually feel sorry for them except for how unlikeable they are. They really do need someone with some poise, common sense, and humanity speaking on their behalf. I'm sure these comments and SW hatred on the podcast sites/comments have helped fuel this and create an alternate universe/bubble where they don't realize or care how combative and delusional she sounds outside of that world. I guess when you have people who actually put out there, "He put them in oil tanks so animals wouldn't get to them," you could lose all perspective. They needed some professional guidance, not people with an agenda advising them. I'm not sure they are savvy enough to know the difference or just to stubborn to see it.

I've never really understood why victim impact statements are made right before the sentencing, after the Judge has already prepared his or her decision. If the judge is taking the impact into consideration, shouldn't there be a time gap? Or has the judge already received the written statements? Also a couple of the interview write-ups say CW and Shan'ann met in high school. I thought they met much later...? Did they already know each other when he tried to meet her via Facebook years later, or are some news outlets just getting this wrong? Lastly, the supposed letter -- well, Mother Watts has already stated that she would fight to the death, I think she implied that she would do whatEVer it took, including faking a letter via email... all IMO, MOO.

What did Shanann do that turned off his mother to her??? Whatever it was it came before they even got married!? Was it Shanann's aggressiveness? I don't know either people so I can't judge, but wish I could hear from a verified member for Shanann on here.
I suspect Mom just resented any other woman suddenly moving into CW’s life. Jealousy over “her” territory. Have seen it in my own family.

Agreed. They are either getting terrible input from the wrong people or too bullheaded to listen to anyone of reason who could best advise them. This is a bad trainwreck. I would actually feel sorry for them except for how unlikeable they are. They really do need someone with some poise, common sense, and humanity speaking on their behalf. I'm sure these comments and SW hatred on the podcast sites/comments have helped fuel this and create an alternate universe/bubble where they don't realize or care how combative and delusional she sounds outside of that world. I guess when you have people who actually put out there, "He put them in oil tanks so animals wouldn't get to them," you could lose all perspective. They needed some professional guidance, not people with an agenda advising them. I'm not sure they are savvy enough to know the difference or just to stubborn to see it.

I feel like I'm watching a similar case from last year replayed before my eyes. Complete with a new set of unlikable victims (but victims, nevertheless). I'm telling you, there are lot of opportunists out there in Internet-land and they are just waiting to pounce on vulnerable, desperate people. It didn't end well in the other case and I don't think this will end well, either.

I've never really understood why victim impact statements are made right before the sentencing, after the Judge has already prepared his or her decision. If the judge is taking the impact into consideration, shouldn't there be a time gap? Or has the judge already received the written statements? Also a couple of the interview write-ups say CW and Shan'ann met in high school. I thought they met much later...? Did they already know each other when he tried to meet her via Facebook years later, or are some news outlets just getting this wrong? Lastly, the supposed letter -- well, Mother Watts has already stated that she would fight to the death, I think she implied that she would do whatEVer it took, including faking a letter via email... all IMO, MOO.

It's a victim's rights thing. It's not supposed to impact the sentence, from what I know. (I will double check to make sure).

However, I do believe the letters are given to the judge prior to sentencing.

It's a victim's rights thing. It's not supposed to impact the sentence, from what I know. (I will double check to make sure).

However, I do believe the letters are given to the judge prior to sentencing.
I'm not sure if it differs by state, but I wrote a victim impact statement in the Lululemon murder case. There was a deadline to submit them to the judge before sentencing. He read them ahead of time. The victim's family and defendant's family were both allowed to speak/read statements on the day of sentencing. But all the letters had to be submitted/received ahead of time with some specific guidelines to follow for consideration. On the day of sentencing, the judge acknowledged that he had read all the letters.

I'm not sure if it differs by state, but I wrote a victim impact statement in the Lululemon murder case. There was a deadline to submit them to the judge before sentencing. He read them ahead of time. The victim's family and defendant's family were both allowed to speak/read statements on the day of sentencing. But all the letters had to be submitted/received ahead of time with some specific guidelines to follow for consideration. On the day of sentencing, the judge acknowledged that he had read all the letters.

Thanks! It appears it is the same in CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz