OH - 2 bodies found at trailer park where reporter was reported missing, Wood County, 12 Nov 2018

If it was as it seems, being a murder-suicide and the uncle being the perp, what in the world was the motive??
I can't imagine, but whether or not the uncle was the shooter, the fact Nikki was shot multiple times implies this was an act of great rage toward her.

Would really like to know if the weapon was recovered at the crime scene.

If it was as it seems, being a murder-suicide and the uncle being the perp, what in the world was the motive??

This is a good questions, according to this article Autopsy: Nikki Delamotte died of multiple gunshot wounds, her uncle died of a single gunshot wound
Delamotte-Ullman was a reporter in Cleveland. Her friend tells 13abc she was visiting her estranged uncle and was trying to make amends and reconnect with him.
This is an interesting comments, I wonder what is that "amends" she was trying to make with her uncle, she did not see her uncle for years, and now she decided that she needs to make amend with him, driving more than 100 miles to his place and was shot dead in matter of hours. It is obviously there are many things we do not know yet

I can't access the link at the moment - any relevant quotes anyone can share? tia
Here you go:
One of the first officers at the scene on Monday notified a dispatcher that their deaths may be a murder-suicide, according to police reports released Wednesday afternoon.

Police dispatch logs also make reference to a pair of handguns – a Ruger LCP and a Taurus Revolver .380 – found while crime-scene investigators were at the mobile home. The dispatch logs do not make clear where the guns were found.

Delamotte had little contact with her uncle since her parents divorced years ago. But the recent death of her maternal grandmother, following a lengthy illness, prompted her reach out to him.
Sharon Nagle said she and her husband invited Robert Delamotte over for drinks prior to football games several times last year. He sometimes drank excessively, but was never mean, she said.

He took care of his lawn, and sometimes left peanuts out for squirrels to eat, Nagle said. On one occasion, he helped her when her car broke down.

Another neighbor, Raymond Wilcox, described Robert Delamotte as easygoing. Wilcox said he thinks Delamotte retired roughly a year ago from his job as a forklift operator.

Robert Delamotte did not have much of a social life but seemed nice – like “a quiet and decent person,” Wilcox said.

I can't access the link at the moment - any relevant quotes anyone can share? tia

"Perrysburg Township police said Wednesday that Robert Delamotte shot his niece twice in the chest and once in the forehead. He then shot himself in the head.

Police dispatch logs also make reference to a pair of handguns – a Ruger LCP and a Taurus Revolver .380 – found while crime-scene investigators were at the mobile home. Robert Delamotte owned both guns, which were found in the home, police confirmed."

[...]

"Nikki Delamotte had little contact with her uncle since her parents divorced years ago. But the recent death of her maternal grandmother, following a lengthy illness, prompted her reach out to him.

Her mother, JoAnne Ullman, told cleveland.com that her daughter had fond memories of her uncle from when she was younger, describing her as being “the apple of his eye.”

Delamotte planned to meet her uncle Sunday to watch a football game at a local bar. "

[...]

"Another neighbor, Raymond Wilcox, described Robert Delamotte as easygoing. Wilcox said he thinks Delamotte retired roughly a year ago from his job as a forklift operator.

Robert Delamotte did not have much of a social life but seemed nice – like “a quiet and decent person,” Wilcox said."

Repeating the link: Cleveland.com reporter Nikki Delamotte’s uncle fatally shot her before killing himself, authorities say

Such a tragic loss of a beautiful life. Sounds like the uncle had some kind of mental illness, at minimum a drinking problem. I wonder if he was drunk when she arrived? Some people experience severe mood changes when drunk or using drugs. I hope the tox report provides some answers.

Her poor mother, how incredibly sad. It sounds as if they were very close.

I can't help but think maybe she wanted to confront him about something in his past/her past/their past that had festered for years. Maybe that's why they were going to watch the game at a bar. So she would be in a public place which would make the meeting...safe. Just speculating about motive.

I can't help but think maybe she wanted to confront him about something in his past/her past/their past that had festered for years. Maybe that's why they were going to watch the game at a bar. So she would be in a public place which would make the meeting...safe. Just speculating about motive.

I kind of doubt of her trying to confront her uncle, at least from her own mother and her friends, she wanted to reconnect with her uncle, some of her friends even mention she wanted to "make amend"

This happened in my neck of the woods. Very sad story. From all that I've read, she was a delightful person who happened to run into an estranged family member and wanted to get to know him better.

I wonder why that side was estranged.

I thought about that also because of the "make amends" comment by her friend.

"Perrysburg Township police said Wednesday that Robert Delamotte shot his niece twice in the chest and once in the forehead. He then shot himself in the head.

Police dispatch logs also make reference to a pair of handguns – a Ruger LCP and a Taurus Revolver .380 – found while crime-scene investigators were at the mobile home. Robert Delamotte owned both guns, which were found in the home, police confirmed."

[...]

"Nikki Delamotte had little contact with her uncle since her parents divorced years ago. But the recent death of her maternal grandmother, following a lengthy illness, prompted her reach out to him.

Her mother, JoAnne Ullman, told cleveland.com that her daughter had fond memories of her uncle from when she was younger, describing her as being “the apple of his eye.”

Delamotte planned to meet her uncle Sunday to watch a football game at a local bar. "

[...]

"Another neighbor, Raymond Wilcox, described Robert Delamotte as easygoing. Wilcox said he thinks Delamotte retired roughly a year ago from his job as a forklift operator.

Robert Delamotte did not have much of a social life but seemed nice – like “a quiet and decent person,” Wilcox said."

Repeating the link: Cleveland.com reporter Nikki Delamotte’s uncle fatally shot her before killing himself, authorities say

It sounds like they became estranged when Nikki's parents divorced. I wonder how old Nikki was then -- a young child, a teenager, a young adult? The tension between her parents may have been such that Nikki took her mother's "side." The extent to which she did so would depend on her age and her relationship with her father. But, sounds like Nikki was old enough to make a conscious choice to dissociate with her father and his family.

That's just speculation from what has been said. If it's true, her uncle may have harbored bitterness toward her mother and possibly toward Nikki depending on her ability to make the conscious effort to dissociate with her father and his side of the family. Since the two were still at the uncle's house and hadn't left for the bar as they had planned to do, I'm thinking the uncle had no intentions of making reparations. His purpose was to seek revenge, not only for himself but more so for his brother. Perhaps taking Nikki's life was intended to harm her mother since they were close. *Speculation.*

Is the grandmother who recently died Robert's mother?

I wonder where Nikki and Robert agreed to meet?

Did they go to the bar?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back