Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-quoted the snipped part of my own post above. I already answered you once, and you snipped for clarity. I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse and looking for exact wording we can both see is not there, or if you are genuinely trying to understand? Assuming the latter I'll try again.

They cannot contact him. No matter how much they yell, call, stalk, whine, cry, demand, and have letters written to the judge.

He can only contact them. Phone, letter, or adding them to his visitor list and allowing them to come.

They cannot contact him. He can only contact them.

As per the letter written, they have not heard from him since August. They have not heard from him since his arrest.

Do you feel that he deliberately shut them out, refused to contact them at all, or however you would phrase it?

Or do you think he's been deliberately refused his legal right, kept hostage by his defense and the county jail and refused any ability to contact anyone in his family whatsoever since his arrest in August until the night before the plea?

I'm not trying to be rude, there's just not many other ways to break it down.
I would like to add that the same rules apply to every other inmate as well. No one is picking on Chris.

His father did attend the wedding and Shanann got along with him. Yes he is saying those things now, I don’t find that surprising, their heads are spinning, the lack of communication with their son has added another layer to this tragedy for them.
Since we only have Cindy's recently televised statement that "they did not attend the wedding" to go on, do you have a credible source that confirmed to you that father attended the wedding? TIA

Usually when speaking of damages in the context of a defamation suit it's how a person suffered economically or socially due to something false stated about them. But she's dead so she can't suffer those damages.
Thank you, I understand. And as I said it wouldn’t help if allowed, I believe. It’s just so sad, these interviews must be adding more suffering to the family.

The Watts family have stuck their collective heads in the sand. Their son pled guilty to nine (9) charges. The charges are supported by facts and evidence, such as could lead to the Death Penalty. There has been more than enough in the media for the Watts family to know and understand that the prosecution can make and win their case. CW has accepted that this is true and acted accordingly, agreeing to a plea deal. Mama and Papa Watts need to close their mouths and open their ears and minds. Their son IS a monster, he did kill his pregnant wife, unborn son, and two daughters! He did hide the bodies in an horrific and shocking manner. He did attempt to cover up the crimes. There is NO conspiracy. There IS truth and there will BE justice. Instead of truly trying to help their son, they have created a circus and added to the suffering of the Rzucek family, and added to their own suffering. Like liltexans said; the Watts need counseling. Serious and long-term! I have to believe that when this is all over, the Rzucek family will heal, as much as is possible, because of the love, the forgiveness, the dignity, and the support. But the Watts family will never heal and will remain a festering wound!

Totally agree that the Watts family, particularly CW mother, have their heads stuck in the sand. Based on their interviews, I don’t know if they will ever accept the reality of what has happened.

I can’t help but to think of them in context of The Five Stages of Grief and wonder if something like this would applu in their situation...

Grief: What’s Normal? What Are the Common Stages?

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Anger
5. Acceptance

To move on, they really need to grieve for what has been lost and their new normal. CW mother is trying to go back in time to when her son a teenage athlete. In her mind, the fact that he played sports somehow proves he’s innocent.

Or maybe, being as they seem to be living in an alternate reality, some kind of alternate set of stages they need to work through? Based on what we have seen so far from this family, is anything like this realistic or possible?

MOO.

Do you make joking, possibly demeaning comments about your husband’s differences? I have seen videos where SW mocked CW. Like when he was playing outdoor checkers and when he left his phone in the garage during the Santa visit. She was joking, I don’t think it rose to a level of abuse, but he could be sensitive, and I can see where his feelings may have been hurt, and because she was recording these incidents live, he might have been embarrassed. Jokes can hurt. SW seemed to me to be faster and smarter than CW. I am projecting here because I have treated my husband like SW treated CW. I am very quick, and my husband is much more thorough and precise. I’ll cut corners, he’ll see to every detail. I have very little patience with people who are slower than me, and had to learn to allow them to be who they are, a not act like a pushy, impatient, bi**h. As for deliberation, @gitana1 stated that you can’t commit 3 murders without premeditation. So, it’s possible. So much is possible, we just don’t know. But we will on Monday, hopefully.

Unless you kill them all at the same time. You can't commit three separate murders without premeditation. But you could kill three people in a rage if it was done at once. Like you push them off a cliff at the same time or within raid succession.

The time it takes to strangle someone to death and make sure their death necessarily means the second and third one had to be premeditated.

And you know I agree with you on what you're saying here. Especially about the the mix of Shanann and CW. Indeed she was imperfect, as are we all. But I think he had a very fragile ego. And while I don't think there's a shred of credible evidence that SW was abusive to that man, the way she talked to him or referred to him in a few public videos did seem snarky or slightly rude on a couple occasions.

And for a sensitive person or one with a fragile ego due to identity problems, that could indeed seem quite emasculating or hurtful. Or both. When coupled with the echoes of parents who raised a lityle narcissist and who hated his spouse and constantly communicated that they felt she was disrespectful, those feelings could fester in an unbalanced, emotionally unstable person with a fractured or incomplete identity.

Why do things like this happen seemingly out of the blue? Various reasons with a lot of apparent commonalities. A mismatched relationship could certainly be the trigger.

But as I've said repeatedly, these crimes are truly never about the behaviors of the victims but are always about the characters of the murderers. Because most people deal with things their spouses do that upset them or hurt them -sometimes public things -without violence. They talk to them and tell them not to do something. They get mad and argue. They separate or divorce.

It is only defective people who react to unpleasant or unappreciated behavior of those close to them, with such shocking, horrific violence.

The answer to why ALWAYS goes back to the perpetrator and his or her origins.

But I think some (definitely NOT you) cannot accept that and just must cast blame on the victim. No matter how subtly. Because if we can't blame the victim then we have to consider that this could happen to us, too.

Oy... no joke!
Monday I think will be bad enough as it is. I can't imagine her walking into the room where Shanann's family will be after the dreck she's been spewing.
I'll be stunned if she doesn't melt down in the courtroom.
I'm afraid she is building his innocence up in her head and when she hears the evidence against him, she will be devastated.

Totally agree that the Watts family, particularly CW mother, have their heads stuck in the sand. Based on their interviews, I don’t know if they will ever accept the reality of what has happened.

I can’t help but to think of them in context of The Five Stages of Grief and wonder if something like this would applu in their situation...

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Anger
5. Acceptance

To move on, they really need to grieve for what has been lost and their new normal. CW mother is trying to go back in time to when her son a teenage athlete. In her mind, the fact that he played sports somehow proves he’s innocent.

Or maybe, being as they seem to be living in an alternate reality, some kind of alternate set of stages they need to work through? Based on what we have seen so far from this family, is anything like this realistic or possible?

MOO.
Good post! I think it's realistic and possible. I like your thought about Mrs Watts going back to when her son was a teenager.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Anger
5. Acceptance

MOO.

What strikes me is that when he was playing sports in high school, the girls liked him, but reportedly, he never went for them. He was shy. Withdrawn. Not very social. Never expressed anger. Mama's sweet and controllable little man.

Then indeed, he met Shanann.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Anger
5. Acceptance

MOO.
I hate to say it but I have a horrible feeling that some in the CW family will not be going through the normal stages of grief. I think theirs will be closer to the following, which appears to be CW's MO as well:

1. DENY
2. BLAME THE VICTIM
3. PLAY THE VICTIM
4. RINSE/REPEAT

Sorry, but they deserve my ire - there was NO EXCUSE to bash SW as they did IMO. They could have taken a higher road and stated their concerns for their son and respectfully mentioned they did not have a good relationship with SW, but there was no need to spew vitriol. To do so exposes more about them than the victim they are trying to malign in my mind. It is not the way to convince me, anyway. I've yet to see any proof of the monster SW has been made out to be. Nor any real coming to terms with what CW has admitted to along any point of the process and how heinous it was. IMO

I'm afraid she is building his innocence up in her head and when she hears the evidence against him, she will be devastated.
I almost wish for that, as atleast it will lead to her acceptance of the truth, and the Shanann bashing may cease.

I truly don’t believe that whatever is revealed in the courtroom, will lead to a revelation in her mind.

Even if she is brought to the realization that he did this, she will simply redirect blame to Shanann.

“Yeah, he killed his wife and kids, but she made him do it.”

I am very puzzled by their lack of hiring an attorney to consult/advise with, help them understand the process on this case since for 4 months they have been unhappy with his defense team. Maybe they have but I think we would have heard about it if they did, idk. It seems lots of talk but no real action which I find telling.

That’s an interesting thought. If I was not hearing anything from my son, I’d want to know what was going on. If CW would only have talked to his mother (he obviously didn’t/doesn’t want to) her interview could have been avoided.

That’s an interesting thought. If I was not hearing anything from my son, I’d want to know what was going on. If CW would only have talked to his mother (he obviously didn’t/doesn’t want to) her interview could have been avoided.
I doubt the interview could have been avoided. Mrs Watts seems desperate to be a part of the drama.

Thank you, I understand. And as I said it wouldn’t help if allowed, I believe. It’s just so sad, these interviews must be adding more suffering to the family.

They are. No doubt. That's what really kills me. Shanann and her babies are really beyond this horrible stuff. But her surviving family? It's incredible cruelty, to do this to them. Vicious and beyond the bounds of decency, IMO.

No amount of pain justifies that behavior.

My point was, does anyone know for sure he told his mother anything negative about Shanann? Or did his mother see things she didn't like and make it all up in her head?

I think one of our VI's proved to us, that CW told his friends/family a lot of negative stuff about his wife. He told them he wanted a separation and he told SW that many times, but she didn't believe him.

He told them how she made fun of his clothes, on one of their first dates. Said he looked like a skater boy, and she
got him new clothes to wear instead.

He told the VI about his AP, right from the start.

I doubt the interview could have been avoided. Mrs Watts seems desperate to be a part of the drama.
Yup. It’s an attempt to regain control, even if it has no chance of success.

She can’t control her son’s decision to plea, but she can try.

She is attempting to influence public opinion, and she is certainly succeeding in that regard.

Just not in a good way, or the way she is intending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes