Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoGirl

ColoGirl Well-Known Member

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Plea!!!

#BREAKING NEWS:

Frederick murder suspect, Chris Watts, reaches plea deal.

Watts was accused of murdering his pregnant wife and young daughters.

@CBSDenver is gathering details on this developing story.

Dillon Thomas on Twitter

8paws and PommyMommy like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Chris Watts Reaches Plea Deal In Murder Case To Avoid Death Penalty
    GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) – Chris Watts and his attorney’s have reached a plea deal in highly-watched murder case out of Frederick. Watts is accused of killing his wife, Shanann, and his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste.

Shanann was pregnant with their third child, a boy.

Details of the plea deal have not been released.

4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

[​IMG]

Watts, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation and two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under the age of 12 in a position of trust for in the deaths of his wife Shanann and two daughters Celeste and Bella in August, according to a news release from the Weld County District Attorney's Office.

Watts also pleaded guilty to unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

The news release stated the plea deal was made with the agreement of the victims' family. In exchange for pleading guilty to all nine charges, prosecutors have agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murder of wife and daughters

PommyMommy and MsBetsy like this.
  5. violet101

violet101 Well-Known Member

nwmouse and PommyMommy like this.
  6. PommyMommy

nwmouse and MsBetsy like this.
  7. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Wow - that video in the second interview. After the newscasters show the clip of CW parents, they talk more about the case and say there is a "letter" that CW wrote to his sister at some point and said, "If anything happens to me, look at my wife," and that the family says that proves Shanann was unstable. That is the first I have read/seen of this "letter." Have we discussed that at all here? (49 threads I may have missed!!)

ETA more detail: This is also the video where the reporter asks, "What happened to this kid from Pine Forest High School?" showing an innocent picture of CW. And his mother says, "What happened? He met Shanann."

The newscaster also says in the clip, that the Watts family felt that "Shanann was dangerous and that they didn't even go to the couple's wedding."

La Louve, nwmouse, BelleIsle and 5 others like this.
  8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Also, expanded media coverage has been authorized.

9. Mo Thuairim

Mo Thuairim Well-Known Member

Screenshots of the court docs for your reading pleasure...

Attached Files:

8paws, Firrewhisper, nwmouse and 9 others like this.
  10. PommyMommy

11. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Don't forget everyone our Websleuths Podcasts starts in about an hour aka 10:00 PM Eastern.
    In addition to discussing the wild things going on now in the Watts case, we will discuss the arrests in the murder of the Rhodan family in Ohio
    We really want you to call in and vent away. The number is 713-955-0606

Chris Watts' Parents Give Shocking Interviews/Arrests in Murder of 8 in Ohio

See you in a bit.

12. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Please continue the discussion here.

And please call in to @Tricia's podcast tonight! It starts in about 20 minutes.

13. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Carrying over @Hazelnutty's post from the previous thread:

Well this V.I. couldn't have said it better herself!

14. Serena Angelique

Serena Angelique Well-Known Member

Am tuning in to this latest podcast. I have followed this case from the point when Shannan and her girls were still missing (from one of the original SM posts of them going missing that was shared with me by an old high school friend that worked with SW).

I have been vigilant on following up with every lead and opinion (as much as many greatly diverged from my own) since mid August.
    I could hold my nose with many groups, based upon hope for future justice for Shanann’ s family.

WEB SLEUTHS has been a Godsend with its straightforward and evidenced based approach. I tend to get carried away by emotions over the deceased victims (especially lovely little girls)! I fell in love with Bella & CeeCee from SW’s videos!

I watched the SW videos on my own (before PLUNDER or “ watch parties”)and sensed in them all that some things were amiss, but mostly in regards to Chris Watts and not Shan’ann.

She may not have been my best friend-but she was likable and never once did I think she could have killed her kids. When CW insisted that she’d prompted him to act as she had it infuriated me.

In the months that have followed, I’ve gone to many sites to hear other POV’s if not only to try to get answers too. I have also sought answers to understand those who do not view it as I have seen it. I’ve studied many family annihilators. Nothing sways me from believing that he is a also a FA. I have never swayed from this position since their remains were uncovered. It’s text book (but with SM piled upon it).

The thing that particularly irks me with this case is the fact that some people continue to try to excuse a self confessed perpetrator in this past week. His last parent’s last public statements have only added fuel to this fire. All I want is for Chris Watts to receive a life sentence. Once that has been handed to him-I’ll STOP.

In the 5 days left-I cannot dismiss the many tentacles that this case has grown and I worry about that. I only hope that the justice system is more sensical than “the people”—though the balance of power is definitely not in his favor, but there’s still a stadium size group in Chris Watts’ corner. Most of them may be nothing more than amateur meddlers but they are not wholly benign. If this is one case I worry about getting de-railed-this is it. Though his confession last week was a relief and very welcome,I’m now terrified that his parents , their supporters and things I don’t know or can at least name succinctly, might catch a an unfair and undeserved break.

I am only hoping it’s as cut and dry as it has always seemed to me. I think justice will prevail in the end. I just hope it is sooner than later!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  15. Not a Belle

Not a Belle Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having flashbacks to the "maybe there's a mysterious letter that hasn't been found yet" line of thinking a few threads ago?

Mods, if this is not allowed, please delete.

16. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

So, I'm reading the order on the expanded media coverage. They're only allowing pooled audio and video. I doubt the podcast is going to be able to get access to the media's pooled feed. No other devices are allowed to be used in the court room. Interesting!!

Bolding mine:

17. idfinch

idfinch Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about that. Also, I can't forget the "I couldn't bear to put the girls with Shanann after what she did" excuse that CW gave his dad. I remember that from here too. I was wondering where and when that started on here but didn't know how to search for it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  18. katie565

katie565 Well-Known Member

I’m the podcast caller with the NPD/Borderline mother and enmeshed family. I truly wasn’t expecting to speak but since I have, please know I’m available to anyone who needs an ear or support.

19. PommyMommy

I don't think we're going to be disappointed, Serena. The parents cannot withdraw the plea. The meddlers cannot withdraw the plea. He will be sentenced to LWOP on Monday. MOO

20. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

If anyone knows of a channel or SM that will be live streaming the hearing please post. I think it’s going to be at around 4am here and I am totally getting up for it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.