Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
* * * N E W S F L A S H * * *
Similar to receiving a doctor's advice, one may receive advice from an attorney and make the decision whether to heed that advice or not. MOO
Hold it. Are you saying that a person charged with a crime actually has a say in their own defense!

They can actually make their own decisions, and aren’t obligated to listen to a person who has been appointed to serve them?

Haaaa. Yup. I think that’s how it works.

Resented, feared, or a combination of the two.

Perhaps the murder of Shanann was CW projecting his anger towards his mother on SW.

We see that type of thing with serial killers, who share similar traits apparently exhibited by CW.

Narcissistic sociopaths.
I think his relationships with both women were dominated by the fact that he chafed under what he perceived as control but he also liked the attention he got, and he was too passive-aggressive to ever address his issues like an adult. With his mom, he liked being her golden boy but hated being her little boy, so he'd never tell her he was driving her crazy, though he is more than happy for someone else to keep her at bay. Likewise, with SW, I think he liked being gushed over on social media and having her wait on him and do all the other stuff she did, but he resented that the marriage was a two-way street and came with responsibilities on his end. But he would never suck that up or have a grown-up conversation with his wife about his feelings. Just like he used SW to fight his own battles with his mom, he used his mom to fight his battles with SW.

Chris Watts’ Told His Mistress He Was Divorced — and She Was ‘So, So Sad’ When Arrest Exposed Lies
A woman who was having an affair with triple-murderer Chris Watts didn’t realize he was cheating on his wife with her until his many lies were revealed after his family went missing, she said this week. Kessinger noted that Watts seemed unperturbed about his missing family — “It seemed off,” she said — and she soon cut off contact with him.

A source close to Watts tells PEOPLE, “It’s very clear that this wasn’t a healthy marriage for many months before Shan’ann and the girls died. He had checked out, and from what he says, she had checked out, too. Nichol Kessinger showed interest, and in his mind he was single, so it happened. He really regrets that Nichol got pulled into this.”

Earlier this week, Shan’ann Watts’ family issued a statement in response to claims by Watts’ family that the couple had a stormy relationship, describing Shan’ann as “a faithful wife, and the most gentle and loving mother in the world to her children Bella, Celeste, and Nico [her unborn child],” according to local TV station KMGH.

The family slammed Watts’ parents claims as “vicious, grotesque and utterly false.”

That link isn't specific to Chris Watts, who was supposedly under suicide watch. If his attorneys didn't want him making phone calls to his parents, he wouldn't make phone calls to his parents. JMO
Please provide a link for the rules/statutes that state a public defense attorney is in complete control of the communications of their client. Everything we have read and seen, including by our own verified attorneys, suggests otherwise. It would be a clear violation of his Constitutional rights. I understand that you want to make this point, but I think you have to back it up to assert it as fact. IMO

I wasn't talking about his parents!!
Oh my gitana! I don’t think my reply was even supposed to be in response to your post! I’m sorry! I’m always so behind I can’t even find it now. I feel exactly the same as most everyone about the MRS people! I’ll try to be more observant when I reply - most of the time I don’t since I’m usually many hours and sometimes days behind the current discussions.

I think his relationships with both women were dominated by the fact that he chafed under what he perceived as control but he also liked the attention he got, and he was too passive-aggressive to ever address his issues like an adult. With his mom, he liked being her golden boy but hated being her little boy, so he'd never tell her he was driving her crazy, though he is more than happy for someone else to keep her at bay. Likewise, with SW, I think he liked being gushed over on social media and having her wait on him and do all the other stuff she did, but he resented that the marriage was a two-way street and came with responsibilities on his end. But he would never suck that up or have a grown-up conversation with his wife about his feelings. Just like he used SW to fight his own battles with his mom, he used his mom to fight his battles with SW.
Quoting myself to add I think he liked someone else making his decisions. He had no responsibility but could still complain about what the other person decided, so he is never at fault for anything that goes wrong. I have to deal with people like that at work, and it is maddening. I think he played his mother and his wife off against each other that way as well. To someone's face, he's fine with them telling him to do something, but he then turns around to another person and complains about being controlled.

Oh boy!!! I could be way off here and I hope I am, but the Watts recently filed a motion stating they are victims. Was this because they were not heard at his plea hearing? It clearly states that victims have the right to be heard at any court proceeding accepting a plea. :eek:

24-4.1-302.5 - Rights affording to the victim

d) The right to be heard at any court proceeding:

(I) Involving the defendant's bond as specified in section 24-4.1-302(2)(c);

(II) At which the court accepts a plea of nolo contendere;

(III) At which the court accepts a negotiated plea agreement;​

https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/4923-colorado

I hate to quote my own post, but this has me so curious. Does anyone else think the Watts filing the order for victims rights for paternal grandparents might actually have something to do with them not being heard during the plea agreement?

So it’s a handwritten letter that was not inexplicably destroyed by the defense attorneys. Got it. My guess is that the family brought it to the PDs who decided it held no evidentiary value given that it was about CW being hurt and he somehow managed to survive. Just one more strike against them in mom’s eyes.

Also, the idea of CW pulling out a nice piece of Cranes stationary and writing this thing long hand is somehow even more ridiculous than the computer version. This is a soap opera level of weirdness.

Jmo
This is when WS needs a WHAT or LAUGHING SMIRK button! :rolleyes: :oops:

I hate to quote my own post, but this has me so curious. Does anyone else think the Watts filing the order for victims rights for paternal grandparents might actually have something to do with them not being heard during the plea agreement?
Why would they expect to be heard in the plea agreement? SW's family was not heard.

I think they would have filed regardless. These people apparently like to be heard, and they wouldn’t miss an opportunity like this.

It’s a chance to exert control on the narrative regarding their son.

The dynamics in this case are complex and I truly appreciate reading so many insightful posts from all of you. Some of you could certainly make a great couselor and be of help to many, with your experiences and insight.

Christopher Watts’ mother plans to speak at sentencing Monday
According to Weld County District Court documents, Cindy Watts and her husband, Ronnie, will be allowed to make a statement at the sentencing, which is scheduled for 10 a.m. in Greeley.

“It’s so hard. I am just trying to get our thoughts together,” Cindy said.

On Friday, Cindy told FOX31 and Channel 2’s Deborah Takahara that she wants Christopher to know she loves him and will always love him. She also said she hopes another family never has to go through the same thing.

“I want to know one day what happened,” Cindy said. “I have accepted this is what he wants to do, I just want to tell him I love him.”

Cindy said she spoke with Christopher prior to his guilty plea. She said she urged him not to plead guilty to something he did not do. He then told her it was his decision. According to Cindy, she told her son that it is not what he expected for his life. He agreed and asked about the children’s memorial services and which pictures were used.
Me thinks Cindy recalled some important information since her interviews....

In the 9News extended interview with CW mom at 1:25

Extended Interview: Cindy Watts, Chris Watts' mother, questions son's plea deal

Does anyone else think it is odd that she said “I would have never thought in a million years that anything like this could have ever happened to him.” Saying it happend to him seems to deflect any responsibility on his part. Like he was an innocent bystander or victim in all this MOO.

I hope the Watts family having some kind of counsel now (based on the latest filing) is a good thing and that she will be convinced the shut down The Cindy Show.

Edited to correct her quote.
It is exactly the way someone w/NPD would see it. They are incapable of seeing how anything effects anyone other than themselves, as evidenced by talking about the impact on them when impact on other people is far more serious.

As others have pointed out, when NPDs talk you’ll hear “I” or “me” way too much. Bad things happen TO them and they are never, ever responsible. And they never, EVER feel guilty about anything — they are incapable of it. If they say they are, they are lying to look good to others—and they are excellent liars. They will tell any lie they think they may be able to get away with.

An NPD parent may care about their child if they see them as an extension of themselves. I think it’s clear mommy cw sees precious son cw as an extension. (And what an extension he is — his interviews were full of I’s and me’s and why is this happening to me. And it’s all Shanann’s fault.).

But it’s been my experience that even if someone does care about their child because they see them as an extension of themself, if ever the child’s interest conflicts with the parents interest, the NPD parent will only care about themself. They may act to others like they care about the child (give them their coat if they’re both cold) but that’s only because they want to look like a good parent. If the parent and child (or anyone, for that matter) have different POVs about something I have never known an NPD person to truly change their opinion, particularly out of empathy for someone else. I’m curious to hear if others w/personal experience w/NPD people have. I’m betting they haven’t but would be happy to be wrong.

What it means for this case is

1). Cindy will never, ever be sorry for the things she’s said about SW. If she believes CW killed them all, if the facts are more horrifying than any of us can possible imagine she may turn on Chris but will always have a reason why her reaction wasn’t wrong.

2). If one of the 2 Cws think their interest conflicts with the other, they will turn on their own in a heartbeat. This may already be what’s starting to happen w/CW and why he’s refusing to contact his mother.

3. If they do turn on each other, Daddy Watts will be forced to pick a side and the party he doesn’t pick will turn on him too.

What a mess.

MOO

Why would they expect to be heard in the plea agreement? SW's family was not heard.

Well according to the statute below victims are afforded rights to be heard at any court proceeding where the courts accept a plea and I recall Mrs. Watts stating she wasn’t allowed to be heard at the hearing.

https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/4923-colorado[/QUOTE]

Well according to the statute below victims are afforded rights to be heard at any court proceeding where the courts accept a plea and I recall Mrs. Watts stating she wasn’t allowed to be heard at the hearing.

https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/4923-colorado
Perhaps I misunderstood. If so, I am sorry! The phrasing made it seem like you were wondering if they were doing this because they weren't heard at the last hearing. But neither side was heard during that hearing. I realize in retrospect now that maybe that hearing earlier this month isn't what you would call a plea hearing since it seemed more like declaring the intention to plea rather than actual pleading. I guess I'm just confused why they would expect to be heard in court before now.

Or do you mean his discussing the plea with his attorneys is when they felt they were not heard? If so, yes, I suspect you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname