Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Cindy had left her plea to the media at that! And not gone on and on to bash SW at every turn possible and insinuate that the defense is underhandedly keeping her from her son. He is 33 years old. He has chosen not to speak to her, not unlike for many years beforehand really. She will need to wait like everyone else. She is no longer his guardian, and hasn't been for oh, over half his life now.

Hey, I thought you felt the defense was very professional and excellent? Do you no longer agree with that now that he has plead guilty to his crimes?
She seems to have no clue that criticizing SW publically is a tasteless thing to do.

I know this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but....I find it hard to believe all the girls in high school were secretly in love with Chris Watts. JMO.

Cindy letting that skater boy comment fester is madness. Why is that a big deal? SW obviously didn't care, she kept dating him and she married him! She may have even thought it was cute or charming or whatever. I think Mommy was just mad that someone else would be buying Christopher's clothes from then on. I honestly don't think she would have liked ANY girl he married.
CW was 27 years old when SW made the comment that he dressed like a skater boy! Perhaps Cindy was so offended by this because she was the one dressing him like a 17 year old.

A statement should include the impact the crime has had on them and recommendations for sentencing. They are not supposed to be statements to the defendant. In a major case like this the court typically gives a little leeway, but they don't allow a circus. My GUESS is the court will allow them to talk about their own impact and what a star Chris was and how unfathomable this is. My GUESS is the court will redirect if they start blaming SW. If they ignore redirection, my GUESS is he'll move on to the next statement.

Statements are intended to influence sentencing and be heard as a victim. There's very little sentencing to be heard on in this case. Several consecutive life sentences are what they are.

All MOO
Surely it will be a very emotional day. They are allowing two hours for this hearing.

CW was 27 years old when SW made the comment that he dressed like a skater boy! Perhaps Cindy was so offended by this because she was the one dressing him like a 17 year old.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she literally dressed him, and actually styled his hair in the morning.o_O:eek:

I think he ambushed her right after she got home, maybe beating her with an object before ‘ultimately’ strangling her. I pray it wasn’t overkill but I feel like it was. She probably wouldn’t have had a chance to fight back.

If it comes out in evidence, that SW was badly beaten, CW perhaps would state, he had to do this, as she continued to strangle the toddler.:eek:
At what stage, does CW not lie?
Now that he admits murdering all, he will try to explain this also, with lies.
Hope at sentencing, this CREEP doesn't give any explanation.
He is doomed, at last.

A statement should include the impact the crime has had on them and recommendations for sentencing. They are not supposed to be statements to the defendant. In a major case like this the court typically gives a little leeway, but they don't allow a circus. My GUESS is the court will allow them to talk about their own impact and what a star Chris was and how unfathomable this is. My GUESS is the court will redirect if they start blaming SW. If they ignore redirection, my GUESS is he'll move on to the next statement.

Statements are intended to influence sentencing and be heard as a victim. There's very little sentencing to be heard on in this case. Several consecutive life sentences are what they are.

All MOO
Thankyou. I thought the statements were simply to explain to the offender the devastation they caused. I didn't realize it was to impact the sentencing.

You don't know that the atty's didn't want him making phone calls to his parents.
I'm just going by what his mother said in the interviews. She said the attorneys didn't want letters or calls because they didn't want the DA to have access to them. JMO

What strikes me as really odd there is "she told her son that it is not what he expected for his life. He agreed." It sounds like the conversation you have with your kid when he flunks out of college and has to flip burgers for awhile or maybe ends up in drug court. Not the type of thing you talk about when he is accused of murdering his family.
I wonder if it was a subtle "told you so" dig - she had told him not to marry SW, and now look what happened. Would not be surprised... IMO

I know. That is so full of ****. The fact they know he was in an affair but she wants to know how he was "TRIGGERED" by Shannon to murder Shannon. What a joke.

What utter rubbish, that Shan'ann is a trigger, for Shan'ann being murdered.:eek::eek:
MOO.
The Watts mother should stay home, in bed and rest.
She is causing so much harm, for all, but mostly for herself.
Is it the attention she craves, being so important?

I have a question/consideration. If NK and CW were meeting in his empty house when his family was in NC, I have no doubt that someone, and probably some friends of CW, must have seen them. After all, the neighbor with the camera might have seen people entering the house. (I understand, the neighbor might not necessarily be the friend).

But friends living in the town, surely they knew?

I know that we all prefer not to "meddle" into the relationships. But maybe it is a very wrong approach? I would like to discuss it because we need to know how to prevent such events in the future.
NK reported that she never met any of CW's family or friends. No confirmation that any of his friends knew about NK except for his friend @trinket who reported here that he/she knew about the AP.

Do you think that Chris resented his mother and blamed her for some of the problems in his marriage?
Resented, feared, or a combination of the two.

Perhaps the murder of Shanann was CW projecting his anger towards his mother on SW.

We see that type of thing with serial killers, who share similar traits apparently exhibited by CW.

Narcissistic sociopaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member