Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the link! How awful. I am not a squeamish person, but reading that made me sick to my stomach. I had hoped--perhaps irrationally--that she and the girls were asleep when they were killed and would at least not be aware of what was happening. I seriously doubt that now.
There is not much more in the podcast except some gruesome notes on the condition of the children. Everyone can come up with their own version of who was killed first, and how. The point I was making earlier is that I wish that the autopsy report was released before the sentencing hearing so that each and every person in that room, or listening on TV would know what he did to her and to them. He has confessed to the murders.

Chris Watts' parents given permission to speak during son's Monday sentencing in murder case
The parents of Chris Watts will get the opportunity to provide victim impact statements at their son’s sentencing hearing Monday but their attorney will not be allowed to address the court, the judge in the case ruled on Thursday.

19th Judicial District Court Judge Marcelo A. Kopcow ruled that Cindy and Ronnie Watts should be able to speak in court Monday and deliver victim impact statements in which they could ask the judge for a more-lenient sentence for their son. They can also deliver such statements through a designee, according to the judge’s order.

He is expected to be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole at Monday’s sentencing hearing, which is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. MT.

Denver7 will stream the sentencing hearing live and will have coverage throughout the day.

That's not what Cindy said. She made it quite clear she wants her son to tell her what happened and if he did kill the girls to explain why he told his dad that SW killed the girls. Cindy made it quite clear she would prefer to hear this from her son PRIOR to sentencing. I don't believe her request is unreasonable at all. JMO
Her request is unreasonable because her son is a grown *advertiser censored* man. She has absolutely no right to communicate with him if he doesn’t want it.

He’s not some teenager in a juvenile detention facility, he’s an adult in jail.

His call, his life, his bed to lie in.

Her effort to control this situation, and how she has spoken about her son, is beyond creepy.

Norma Bates has nothing on her.

We know a little more about CW's morning routine from this article. I still want to know what time he arrived at work that morning. Did he make it to the break room as usual or was the fact that he didn't another red flag?

"Every morning, Watts and the other operators would gather in the office break room while they waited to be dispatched to a field site. Kessinger would walk through the group to place her lunch in the fridge, but she never spoke to Watts."
Christopher Watts girlfriend Nichol Kessinger speaks about Frederick murders

Very good question. Was he sent to that work site where he disposed of the bodies? Or did he request to go do maintenance there?

Please provide a link because CW's mother has told the news media (links up thread) the PD office didn't allow letter writing or phone calls. JMO
CW's mother has said a lot of things this week. Many in which she contradicted things she had said the day before. IMO you can't believe word one that comes out of her mouth. Except that Christopher played sports from what, age 5 to 17.

I am caught up here, but still am not clear about the victim impact statement. Please, Gitani, tell me Mrs. Watts can NOT get up and say whatever she wants. Even if the judge can stop her, she could still get some hurtful comments in. I can not imagine what statement she could make, will she tell her son how his acts have victimized her, from her interviews, I think not.

That link isn't specific to Chris Watts, who was supposedly under suicide watch. If his attorneys didn't want him making phone calls to his parents, he wouldn't make phone calls to his parents. JMO
Good grief, he is not special and doesn't have his own rules. :p His attorney's cannot prevent him from making phone calls. It is his choice and that is basic, common knowledge. MOO

Last edited:
I have a question/consideration. If NK and CW were meeting in his empty house when his family was in NC, I have no doubt that someone, and probably some friends of CW, must have seen them. After all, the neighbor with the camera might have seen people entering the house. (I understand, the neighbor might not necessarily be the friend).

But friends living in the town, surely they knew?

I know that we all prefer not to "meddle" into the relationships. But maybe it is a very wrong approach? I would like to discuss it because we need to know how to prevent such events in the future.
There was a road behind the Watts home where some new townhouses were being built. I feel like that road could have been used by a visitor that needed to go undetected, and that Chris was hoping to use that as an excuse for how SW could have "left" with the front door latched from the inside. CW said there where no cameras back there in his porch interview. But his plan was foiled when NUA came by, insisting on a wellness check. JMO

Weighing so heavy on me right now, especially about Shanann, Nico, Cece, and Bella. I'll be glad when Monday is here and done. Going for a walk in the sunshine. Everyone take good care. Hug your children and grandchildren when you can.

Nowhere in my post did I mention the lawyers. Cindy is CW's mother. I doubt he finds his mother's request "offensive." JMO
If not the lawyers, who is keeping Cindy from her son then? Re CW finding his mother's request offensive or not - I don't believe he considers it or her at all. If he wanted to talk to her since August - tell her he loved her, talk about the case, admit his crimes, or even tell her he is okay - he could have. He wants very little to do with her apparently. That is the only thing we know for sure. IMO

If not the lawyers, who is keeping Cindy from her son then? Re CW finding his mother's request offensive or not - I don't believe he considers it or her at all. If he wanted to talk to her since August - tell her he loved her, talk about the case, admit his crimes, or even tell her he is okay - he could have. He wants very little to do with her apparently. That is the only thing we know for sure. IMO
She said it in her interview, Chris only wanted his father to travel to Colorado after Shanann went missing.

He didn’t even want contact with his mother then.

Well, well. I went to bed last night not knowing anything, then while taking my kids to school this morning, heard "blah blah blah Kessinger..." on HLN in my car, and it was like those record screeches in movies. My head swivelled!

And....the skater boy comments were in here a while back.....but that's what Mom Watts bemoaned about recently?? Very odd...
It sounded like CW underwent a style makeover by SW after they met and Mrs W took offence. Things deteriorated from then on. When SW mentioned to her that CW put way too much grease on his hair, she decided she was too domineering. She " didn't like the way she treated him".

Very good question. Was he sent to that work site where he disposed of the bodies? Or did he request to go do maintenance there?
Curious minds want to know. If he requested it prior to that morning, it's another check mark in the premeditation column for me. And, if his normal routine was to hang out in the break room in the mornings until he was dispatched, and he did make it to the break room that morning, I'd like to know just how many witnesses there were who would have testified to his demeanor and what that testimony would have been. Just things that make you go "hmmmm." MOO

It sounded like CW underwent a style makeover by SW after they met and Mrs W took offence. Things deteriorated from then on. When SW mentioned to her that CW put way too much grease on his hair, she decided she was too domineering. She " didn't like the way she treated him".
Mommy lost control of her little boy, and didn’t take kindly to it.

Nothing abnormal there. :eek:

How does a victim statement work when the person speaking does not believe in the offender's guilt?

A statement should include the impact the crime has had on them and recommendations for sentencing. They are not supposed to be statements to the defendant. In a major case like this the court typically gives a little leeway, but they don't allow a circus. My GUESS is the court will allow them to talk about their own impact and what a star Chris was and how unfathomable this is. My GUESS is the court will redirect if they start blaming SW. If they ignore redirection, my GUESS is he'll move on to the next statement.

Statements are intended to influence sentencing and be heard as a victim. There's very little sentencing to be heard on in this case. Several consecutive life sentences are what they are.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members