GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Skylar's birthday a couple of days ago....she has not been forgotten even by people like myself who never knew her in life.

The country roads of West Virginia do not take me home.....oceans and mountains separate me from that far off land but the mountains of my Scotland are not so different from those blue ridges. Thought of those WV roads do take me to a special place in my heart for this young woman who lost her life so cruelly at the hands of those she trusted.

It seems that life has been tough for those left behind, I believe Dave and Mary have now left the West Virginia area and a few of the kids on the periphery of this case have found themselves involved with the police, SA most notably perhaps.

I'm very impressed with you sleuths, a few of whom were very prophetic about this case from the outset, I hope I can make a similar contribution to mystery solving on WS sometime.

I have read the book, watched all the documentaries and most recently this whole thread, my heart goes out to Mary and Dave and all of those who knew Skylar in life.

My opinion is all I have to offer here.

Peace xx

It was Skylar's birthday a couple of days ago....she has not been forgotten even by people like myself who never knew her in life.

The country roads of West Virginia do not take me home.....oceans and mountains separate me from that far off land but the mountains of my Scotland are not so different from those blue ridges. Thought of those WV roads do take me to a special place in my heart for this young woman who lost her life so cruelly at the hands of those she trusted.

It seems that life has been tough for those left behind, I believe Dave and Mary have now left the West Virginia area and a few of the kids on the periphery of this case have found themselves involved with the police, SA most notably perhaps.

I'm very impressed with you sleuths, a few of whom were very prophetic about this case from the outset, I hope I can make a similar contribution to mystery solving on WS sometime.

I have read the book, watched all the documentaries and most recently this whole thread, my heart goes out to Mary and Dave and all of those who knew Skylar in life.

My opinion is all I have to offer here.

Peace xx
Welcome to Ws POOL_OF_ZENDA, looking forward to more of your posts!
Are you still missing " The green green grass of home"?

"On July 6, 2012, 16-year-old Skyler Neese’s parents discovered their daughter was missing. Six months later, one of Skylar’s best friends, Rachel Shoaf, revealed that she and Skylar’s other best friend, Shelia Eddy, had stabbed Neese to death.

Shoaf, who is 23 today, turned herself into authorities at the Monongalia County Circuit Court on May 1, 2013. The teenager, charged as an adult, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 30 years in prison– eligible for parole after 10 years. As of 2014, Shoaf was incarcerated at the Northern Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Wheeling, West Virginia. Today, she remains at the Lakin Correctional Center in Mason County, West Virginia. Co-defendant Shelia Eddy is also a prisoner at the Lakin Correctional Center.

According to Lakin Correctional Center’s website, the prison is a maximum-security prison located in West Columbia, West Virginia, and has a compacity of 543 offenders."

Rachel Shoaf: Where Is She Today? | Heavy.com

====================================

There is a new podcast out (May 12, 2019)

"Skylar Neese - 327

The Generation Why Podcast

July 6, 2012. Star City, West Virginia. Two BFFs became three when Shelia Eddy and Skylar Neese got to know Rachel Shoaf at University High School. Skylar was always known for being responsible and taking care of her responsibilities. When she disappeared from her home and didn't show up for work, her father knew something was wrong. Once an investigation got underway, Skylar's parents were upset with where it seemed to be headed, but detectives were focused on the missing girl's best friends. As clues were found and a secret was leaked, the truth of what happened to Skylar was both shocking and incomprehensible. What happened to Skylar Neese and why? Join us as we discuss a true crime case of betrayal and heartbreak."
Skylar Neese - 327

Last edited:
These current, smiling mug shots of Shelia Eddy and Rachel Shoaf make me furious! Seriously, makeup and hair styled??? The Lakin Correctional Center is obviously too easy on the criminals! These girls need to be living in the same hell Skylar's poor parents live through every day!

Attachments

• Sheila-Eddy-and-Rachel-Shoaf-.jpg
    Sheila-Eddy-and-Rachel-Shoaf-.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 84
These current, smiling mug shots of Shelia Eddy and Rachel Shoaf make me furious! Seriously, makeup and hair styled??? The Lakin Correctional Center is obviously too easy on the criminals! These girls need to be living in the same hell Skylar's poor parents live through every day!
I don't understand why they look so "happy". Shelia Eddy is even radiant....
They're in prison. There's nothing to smile for.... o_O

"On July 6, 2012, 16-year-old Skyler Neese’s parents discovered their daughter was missing. Six months later, one of Skylar’s best friends, Rachel Shoaf, revealed that she and Skylar’s other best friend, Shelia Eddy, had stabbed Neese to death.

Shoaf, who is 23 today, turned herself into authorities at the Monongalia County Circuit Court on May 1, 2013. The teenager, charged as an adult, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 30 years in prison– eligible for parole after 10 years. As of 2014, Shoaf was incarcerated at the Northern Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Wheeling, West Virginia. Today, she remains at the Lakin Correctional Center in Mason County, West Virginia. Co-defendant Shelia Eddy is also a prisoner at the Lakin Correctional Center.

According to Lakin Correctional Center’s website, the prison is a maximum-security prison located in West Columbia, West Virginia, and has a compacity of 543 offenders."

Rachel Shoaf: Where Is She Today? | Heavy.com

====================================

There is a new podcast out (May 12, 2019)

"Skylar Neese - 327

The Generation Why Podcast

July 6, 2012. Star City, West Virginia. Two BFFs became three when Shelia Eddy and Skylar Neese got to know Rachel Shoaf at University High School. Skylar was always known for being responsible and taking care of her responsibilities. When she disappeared from her home and didn't show up for work, her father knew something was wrong. Once an investigation got underway, Skylar's parents were upset with where it seemed to be headed, but detectives were focused on the missing girl's best friends. As clues were found and a secret was leaked, the truth of what happened to Skylar was both shocking and incomprehensible. What happened to Skylar Neese and why? Join us as we discuss a true crime case of betrayal and heartbreak."
Skylar Neese - 327
30 years with possibility of parole after 10 years? To me that's not enough for what she did... o_O

Chilling tweets sent by teens after they stabbed their best friend to death are revealed | Daily Mail Online

• Rachel Shoaf and Sheila Eddy, of Morgantown, West Virginia, lured 16-year-old Skylar Neese from her home in July 2012 and stabbed her to death
  • Following the murder, Eddy wrote several tweets including one that read: 'we really did go on three' referencing counting to three before stabbing Neese
  • Shoaf confessed to police in January 2013 that they committed the murder because they didn't like Neese anymore
  • The girls were arrested in May 2013 and tried as adults for murder
  • Eddy was sentenced to life in prison and Shoaf was sentenced to 30 years
The two women who murdered their best friend when they were teenagers are seen smiling in recent mugshots - and now the chilling tweets they sent after her death have been revealed.

Rachel Shoaf and Sheila Eddy, both now 23, of Morgantown, West Virginia, pleaded guilty to murdering 16-year-old Skylar Neese in July 2012.

Shoaf and Eddy, who were both 16 at the time, reportedly told investigators after confessing to the murder that they killed Neese because they simply didn't like her anymore, reported 20/20.

But in the 10 months between the stabbing and the girls being arrested, they remained active on social media and, in one tweet, referenced counting to three before murdering Neese.

These girls and this case still give me goosebumps.
Such evil. Under parents' noses. How easily these kids manage to pull the wool over our eyes :( I am an even more super vigilant hovering mom because of it.

I never have forgotten you either, Skylar. I have respect for your parents who somehow manage to soldier on in this life after what happened.
May those evil girls be met with Karma the rest of their days, I often wish them that.

Scary that there are supporter groups for Shelia on Twitter. Some supporters are obsessed w/ her and write and one in particular supporter sends items. From what I’ve learned, Shelia doesn’t write back but to think she has supporters that don’t know her but know what she has done is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa