NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Adirondack Daily changed formats but the stories are still there if you search:

Search Results colin gillis | News, Sports, Jobs - Adirondack Daily Enterprise

Troopers still work missing persons cases

Fleishman said the investigation also remains open on the search for Tupper Lake resident Colin Gillis, who was last reported seen around 1:45 a.m. the morning of March 12, 2012, walking

between Tupper Lake and Piercefield.

“We continue to work this case, as well as the Karacay case, and continue to pursue leads that come in. These are all active and we still get calls concerning the cases and continue to speak with the families and the original witnesses.”

At the time of Colin’s disappearance, he measured 6 feet in height and weighed approximately 170 pounds, with blue eyes and blonde hair in a short, crew cut style. He was last seen wearing red colored, Nike Air high-top sneakers (Size 10); Levi boot-cut jeans (Size 34/32); and a medium, white with blue stripes American Eagle brand V-neck shirt. On the night he disappeared, Colin likely possessed a red/black L.L. Bean reversible coat and an orange L.L. Bean backpack.

Anyone with information is asked to call the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations in Lewis at 518-873-2750.

Thank you Vail! That's great that you noticed that!

Exactly! I am listening to a podcast about the death of Lauren Agee in TN. Her "friends" know exactly what happened to her! Colin needs a podcast. Maybe it will loosen up some of those who know what happened to Colin!!!

I am not too knowledgable about podcasts ( I really need to get on the ball!!) but is there one you might suggest for Colin?

This family deserves answers!

We know there was a fight at the party that evening.

What was the fight about?

Why was Colin's license found on the the road, along with a pipe.

Was Colin purposely flailing his arms at the stranger or perhaps was he flailing his arms to wave down what he thought was a ride?

I am just as lost on this case as I was when he first went missing.

Where is Colin?
Justice for Colin!

I am not too knowledgable about podcasts ( I really need to get on the ball!!) but is there one you might suggest for Colin?

This family deserves answers!

Justice for Colin!

snipped by me

I think the best podcasts are the ones that are done in a serial format covering the case in several episodes but it might be easier to get the attention of the podcasters that cover a case in a single episode since they are always looking for new cases. Then who knows? Maybe someone will take an interest in extending his case into a longer podcast! You can contact any of them and suggest cases. The first ones that come to my mind are Gen Why and Up and Vanished. Anyone here reading should think about dropping these guys a comment on their social media pages suggesting they look into Colin's case. If I was his family member, I would be out there pushing for someone to pick his story up because these podcasts are really starting to get attention and in some cases, info has come forward and broken cases. Payne Lindsay of Up and Vanished helped move the Tara Grinstead case along and now two people are in jail awaiting trial. The Oxygen network is currently airing a series about the case with Payne going back to GA to go over the case.

snipped by me

I think the best podcasts are the ones that are done in a serial format covering the case in several episodes but it might be easier to get the attention of the podcasters that cover a case in a single episode since they are always looking for new cases. Then who knows? Maybe someone will take an interest in extending his case into a longer podcast! You can contact any of them and suggest cases. The first ones that come to my mind are Gen Why and Up and Vanished. Anyone here reading should think about dropping these guys a comment on their social media pages suggesting they look into Colin's case. If I was his family member, I would be out there pushing for someone to pick his story up because these podcasts are really starting to get attention and in some cases, info has come forward and broken cases. Payne Lindsay of Up and Vanished helped move the Tara Grinstead case along and now two people are in jail awaiting trial. The Oxygen network is currently airing a series about the case with Payne going back to GA to go over the case.

I agree about the show Up and Vanished. Anything with the Oxygen channel would help with this case. Anything to put a big spot light on this case usually gets the guilty nervous when I watch the specials they air on that channel. I follow Payne Lindsay on Twitter.

I'm sure this has been brought up before and I know I'm reaching here, but does anyone find it weird that Israel Keyes had property in that area? Apparently he was far away the next day but sometimes I wonder if he didn't snatch Colin that night.

It would have to be some crazy bad luck for him to have been at a party where a fight broke out, causing him to leave on foot AND to then meet up with a serial killer. My money’s still on somebody at the party

It would have to be some crazy bad luck for him to have been at a party where a fight broke out, causing him to leave on foot AND to then meet up with a serial killer. My money’s still on somebody at the party
_________

Do you think the police have a particular suspect(s) in mind but no evidence?

I'm sure this has been brought up before and I know I'm reaching here, but does anyone find it weird that Israel Keyes had property in that area? Apparently he was far away the next day but sometimes I wonder if he didn't snatch Colin that night.

Any chance Israel was at the party Colin was at?

Any chance Israel was at the party Colin was at?
I doubt it because there's a much simpler explanation. If the bully from the party had nothing to hide, then he would have stepped forward by now.
-
It's odd that no one (so far as I know) has named him publicly. Maybe he has warned people not to say anything, which in itself would constitute a number of felonies (witness intimidation, obstruction of justice, assault, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa