GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing this over in case anyone wants to try to figure this one out: Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #56

"You all, I'm confused. Maybe too much reading today. On page 2082 it says that NK searched for the name Shan'ann Watts in September 2017. Am I seeing this correctly?"

I think it was MsBetsy who mentioned that it was awfully fast to be shopping for wedding dresses. Had NK been stalking SW a year before? What does everyone make of this detail in the phone logs?

I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it’s pretty clear from the discovery document where the “Shanann killed the kids” scenario came from.

Many of us assumed that he didn’t come up with that scenario on his own, because he’s a bit of a dumbass.

I speculated that it may have come from the conversation with his father.

If you read the transcript of his interview with police, you can see that they used various methods in order to draw a confession from him.

One of those methods was to give him “an out” or a scenario in which he was not fully responsible.

That’s what happened here. He bit.

Attachments

• 4569A0CC-7716-4D6D-BB5B-13D5E814E5AF.jpeg
    4569A0CC-7716-4D6D-BB5B-13D5E814E5AF.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 137
Copied from previous thread:
mtnlites
"Did anyone notice that in the transcript of Chris' "confession" he actually said that the girls were smothered first? He says smothered, then says strangled, then seems to use the terms interchangeably.

Discovery page 603:

CHRIS whispered, "She...she smothered them...they were
smothered." ́ RONNIE immediately asked, "They what" ́ CHRIS answered, "She strangled them."
RONNIE asked, "She smothered them" Or chokin’ em" ́ CHRIS replied by saying, "Like, I didn’t...I didn’t...hear anything. When I was downstairs, I came back up and they were gone. I don't know, like, me tal- tal-ta- talkinto her about that...tal- talkin to her about the separation and everything«about, like...I don
tknow, like, what else to say. Like, cause I freaked out and I did the same thing to *advertiser censored*’ her. Those were my *advertiser censored*' kids."

What a Creep.
He killed them, yet tries to show emotion in that last statement.:eek::eek:
YUK.
MOO.

Last edited:
Welcome Larry! Thank you so much for being here with us! Sorry if this has already been asked, where in Colorado do you think they will send CW?

These are all Level 5 High Security Facilities. Could be any one of these.

Colorado State Penitentiary (CSP)
Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center (DRDC)
San Carlos Correctional Facility (SCCF)
Sterling Correctional Facility (SCF) (*)
Centennial Correctional Facility (CCF)

CSP/CCF CLOSE Offenders can have visits on all three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They can have the same visitor on two days (Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday) but not Saturday and Sunday. No maximum for the month. A maximum of three (3) adults and (3) children visitors may visit an offender for contact visits unless otherwise approved via 300-0!H.

These are all Level 5 High Security Facilities. Could be any one of these.

Colorado State Penitentiary (CSP)
Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center (DRDC)
San Carlos Correctional Facility (SCCF)
Sterling Correctional Facility (SCF) (*)
Centennial Correctional Facility (CCF)

CSP/CCF CLOSE Offenders can have visits on all three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They can have the same visitor on two days (Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday) but not Saturday and Sunday. No maximum for the month. A maximum of three (3) adults and (3) children visitors may visit an offender for contact visits unless otherwise approved via 300-0!H.
Are these visits conducted through glass?

Copied from previous thread:
Sjm_qc
"Well, holy moly stone the crows.

I did not expect such a COMPREHENSIVE document “dump”, so SOON.

I’m reading through, slowly, I took a sleep break around 4am.

Big thanks to all who are posting here with the “highlights” (for want of a better word) to come (for me).

What stands out to me so far (amongst other things) is how fast LE reacted & how many resources they threw at this very very early on. Not forgetting NUA’s, Shanann’s other friends’ & her mother’s input."

So soon, TERRIFIC.:):)
I feel the DA wanted all to know these details.
He was well aware of interviews, unanswered questions, and now we are well informed.
All this couldn't be revealed at sentencing.
Thank goodness.
Pleased the entire Watts family, NK will now know these reports have been published.
MOO.

I'm bringing this over in case anyone wants to try to figure this one out: Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #56

"You all, I'm confused. Maybe too much reading today. On page 2082 it says that NK searched for the name Shan'ann Watts in September 2017. Am I seeing this correctly?"

I think it was MsBetsy who mentioned that it was awfully fast to be shopping for wedding dresses. Had NK been stalking SW a year before? What does everyone make of this detail in the phone logs?
It wasn't me, but I did question why she didn't think it strange when CW told her that Shanann left her wedding ring behind. That would have been a huge red flag to me.

It does say she Googled the names in 2017. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe she liked him and wanted to find some information about them. Investigators have all the digital information, and it seems pretty clear that they didn't start their relationship until June. That would be easy to find out, so it's a mystery to me.

I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it’s pretty clear from the discovery document where the “Shanann killed the kids” scenario came from.

Many of us assumed that he didn’t come up with that scenario on his own, because he’s a bit of a dumbass.

If you read the transcript of his interview with police, you can see that they used various methods in order to draw a confession from him.

One of those methods was to give him “an out” or a scenario in which he was not fully responsible.

Agree, they are trying to get the dialogue going. He continued this conversation with his dad. Some on other sites are taking this as proof he did not kill the girls, sigh.

Good grief I cannot believe what I am reading in this document. SICK!!:mad:
He's more monstrous than I thought.
My sympathy for the AP (You Know Who) is dwindling fast.
The FBI agent conducting the interrogation is brilliant.
Poor Shanann never stood a chance.

Edited to add: CW's obsession with anal sex (sorry I know its gross to even discuss and it makes me want to vomit after reading about the AP google searching the prep work) is alarming and disgusting:eek:. I hope he never forced SW into it.

moo

This is minor in the grand scheme of this family's dysfunction, but I found it absolutely bizarre that Mama Watts called her son's friend to complain about her conflicts with Shanann. Okay, I guess it is not that bizarre for this family, but still.

WHY is Mrs. Watts calling Chris' FRIEND, who lives in California, to complain about SW and the ice cream nut incident to him? She's worried about losing her adult son so instead of anyone in this side of the family communicating effectively, she calls her son's friend and gets him involved? CW was maybe standing up to his mother (big maybe) or abiding by his wife's wishes. Mama Watts doesn't like that so she calls his friend to talk some sense into Chris so she can get her way! It feels so inappropriate. His mother was so enmeshed in his life. Most adult men would be absolutely mortified if their mother was making calls to their friends to complain about and involve them in private family dynamics.

Page 728:
JAMIESON said that he knew CHRIS was busy, and that he had a lot going on with the family, such as SHANANN and CHRIS’ mom fighting again. JAMIESON said CHRIS’ mom, CINDY, called him about it, and that he was upset with CHRIS for letting this go on. JAMIESON said that he told CHRIS that it had to stop the fighting between SHANANN and CINDY. JAMIESON said CHRIS replied that he understood, and told JAMIESON that he and SHANANN were going to separate and get a divorce. JAMIESON told CHRIS that he was there if he needed to talk and told him to reach out to him some more but CHRIS never did.

JAMIESON said that SHANANN and CINDY were fighting over CELESTE eating ice cream that CELESTE was allergic to. JAMIESON said that CINDY kicked SHANANN out of the house. JAMIESON said shortly after this, CINDY called him crying, worried that she had lost CHRIS because SHANANN would turn CHRIS against her, as has happened in the past. JAMIESON said that is what prompted him to reach out to CHRIS with the text message.

Good grief I cannot believe what I am reading in this document. SICK!!:mad:
He's more monstrous than I thought.
My sympathy for the AP (You Know Who) is dwindling fast.
The FBI agent conducting the interrogation is brilliant.
Poor Shanann never stood a chance.

moo
Lol. I loved when he commented to the Thayers that “it was like being interviewed by 3 different people at once, but it was just one guy.”

Happy Thanksgiving, US people!
We don't have such a thing here but if we did, I think I would have a hard time eating after everything I've just read today...
(That discovery document dump happened last night while I was sleeping so I've been playing catch-up.) So many questions answered in one fell swoop. I haven't yet picked my jaw up off the floor.
Random thoughts:
Poor, poor Shanann. She was so strong and brave and pleasant in the face of all the crap she was dealing with.
CW is beneath contempt, both as a human being and a laughably inept criminal.
The Watts are nuts. Literally.
I hope NK never gets a book deal and if she does that no one buys it.

It wasn't me, but I did question why she didn't think it strange when CW told her that Shanann left her wedding ring behind. That would have been a huge red flag to me.

It does say she Googled the names in 2017. I don't know what to make of it. Maybe she liked him and wanted to find some information about them. Investigators have all the digital information, and it seems pretty clear that they didn't start their relationship until June. That would be easy to find out, so it's a mystery to me.
My thought was he wanted her to think she left it behind because she was leaving him a “take this ring back, I don’t want it anymore” scenario.

If Amber released a book, don’t you think Nichol will? A big difference though is, there was no Watts trial. But, how are you going to feel if Nichol ends up doing TV interviews (Dr. Phil?) and releases a book (‘my summer with the evil monster, Chris Watts).
I am hopeful there is less interest because there was no trial. I am also hopeful that there will be less of an interest on her part to do media interviews or a book when she does not have clean hands like Amber Frey. I see definitive lies in her Denver Post article to the public when you compare that to what she said to LE. I believe she lied a lot, but is not complicit in the crimes. Her researching of Amber Frey’s book deal and net worth within a few days of learning of the murders just plain disgusts me. I hope she stays quiet, and we hear nothing from her forever. I think she should feel lucky that they didn’t charge her or her friend with lying to the police, because I think it is fairly obvious they did IMO.

Yes, I agree 100%. He was getting weak and they were throwing out ways in which he could still see himself as less of a monster and admit to doing something. He latched on like a drowning man and ran with it...as it fit well with his parents’ hatred of SW. his calm, cool, casual demeanor...which this evidence only brings further to light now, in the hours and day following...even driving by a comp house the realtor suggested for figuring out the market value of his house, all make it quite clear this BS scenario he came up with would never have flown with a jury. I do wonder what made him jump from whispering to his dad that she smothered the kids to she strangled them the next moment. I am sure it was a hasty lie he came to regret when the autopsy reports came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithstarr