GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this made me wonder if the nut incident made him start to think there were grounds for him to lose custody if he wouldn't protect them from his family, and he didn't want Shanann to have them. I tend to think that event and the "dagger" he accused her of driving between him and his father allowed him to demonize her.

I see a very sneaky shift in his text messages towards saying things he wasn't really feeling, and I think it may have been the time he made the decision to kill her so he wanted to create a trail of caring about her and going along with actions like therapy and a weekend away, even though at the end he would have to also have an event where she would walk out on him and take off her wedding ring.
And CW seemed very concerned as to what others thought of him. He put on the nice guy act and it was an ACT. Not really him. IMO he thought that if everyone said he was a good guy, he could get away with murder.

How nasty was that, his sister volunteering to take charge of the invites to their engagement and somehow missing the list of 80 or so of Shanann's friends. She probably didn't care if there was trouble over it at the party, maybe even hoped Shanann would run from them.

Reading this made me wonder if the nut incident made him start to think there were grounds for him to lose custody if he wouldn't protect them from his family, and he didn't want Shanann to have them. I tend to think that event and the "dagger" he accused her of driving between him and his father allowed him to demonize her.

I see a very sneaky shift in his text messages towards saying things he wasn't really feeling, and I think it may have been the time he made the decision to kill her so he wanted to create a trail of caring about her and going along with actions like therapy and a weekend away, even though at the end he would have to also have an event where she would walk out on him and take off her wedding ring.
Yes, I saw that shift in tone as well. Like, months of being an a$$ and all of the sudden he agrees to read the book, go to counseling, and go away for the weekend to work on things? The book ended up in the trash, same as his family. Clearly he never meant any of those things he was saying and realized he could make things easier on himself for the short while if he just "played along" with it all.

I also like how he came up with the story that SW strangled the girls only after the interrogating officer suggested a scenario to that effect. He wasn't even smart enough to come up with that ridiculous idea on his own. Surely the agent saw him as someone open to suggestion and thought he'd try that angle to at least get enough of a confession from him to find the bodies. And it worked.

I think they met a mature, confidant, ambitious, outgoing, lovely "divorced" woman with "the big house" and they felt inferior to her. They decided right then they didn't like her and didn't give her a chance. They probably thought she was too much for their precious Christopher.
That’s right, she made them look bad, because they were!

And should be noted he was not using gift cards he earned from work, like NK told LE she thought was happening.

His web searches show he used a website to purchase prepaid cards. Not sure how that was easier to explain to SW though...

Moo
Well we all know he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
Like Shanann once said, “he’s got no game”.

Ok, I'm asking this NOT for the purpose of sleuthing. What is NK's birthday?

I ask because she mentions giving police a bunch of things CW gave her, including a handwritten birthday card. I thought I saw her birthday was in March but would need to look again. I wish the document had a word find function!

If her birthday is in March, then wouldn't that mean their relationship began sooner than June? This, coupled with the coworker who said he saw them standing close at work and claims he saw it 5 months before the murders.

NK may be telling the truth about their sexual relationship starting in June but her Google searches and other tidbits suggest to me they had an emotional affair sooner than she says. Very few married men give birthday cards to female coworkers on the basis of being platonic.

NK also said in a police interview she doesn't believe she is his reason for why he killed his family because they only dated for 5 weeks. She said "it doesn't compute". Well, it might tell a different story if their emotional relationship was much longer than she's admitting.

Last edited:

I ask because she mentions giving police a bunch of things CW gave her, including a handwritten birthday card. I thought I saw her birthday was in March but would need to look again. I wish the document had a word find function!

If her birthday is in March, then wouldn't that mean their relationship began sooner than June? This, coupled with the coworker who said he saw them standing close at work and claims he saw it 5 months before the murders.

NK may be telling the truth about their sexual relationship starting in June but her Google searches and other tidbits suggest to me they had an emotional affair sooner than she says. Very few married men give birthday cards to female coworkers on the basis of being platonic.

NK also said in a police interview she doesn't believe she is his reason for why he killed his family because they only dated for 5 weeks. She said "it doesn't compute". Well, it might tell a different story if their emotioanl relationship was much longer than she's admitting.
3/3. CW's password. It is in the discovery.

im 25 pages behind :confused:
apologies for being out of sinc.
ive just had a lightbulb thought reading posts from previous thread.

chris took the girls to the party in shananns white lexus.
the baby sitter tells LE he left party at 3.30.
chris tells LE he left party at 5 ish.

an hour and a half he doesn't want to be accounted for.
its 45 minutes each way to that oil field from his house.

I will put money on ...he drove out there in shananns car with the girls and confirmed to himself his plan.

he got home ,went to the fridge threw the kids some cold pizza and got the facetime done with nan and pop and got the show on the road.

moo

I had similar thoughts. I wondered if he drove to another oil field and did a test run with the stuffed animals and blankets that can't be found. Maybe the missing stuffed animals are in other oil tanks at a different site? Does anyone know if he could drive SW's Lexus up to an oil field site on a Saturday or Sunday? Is there any kind of security gate he would have to go through?

Yes, I saw that shift in tone as well. Like, months of being an a$$ and all of the sudden he agrees to read the book, go to counseling, and go away for the weekend to work on things? The book ended up in the trash, same as his family. Clearly he never meant any of those things he was saying and realized he could make things easier on himself for the short while if he just "played along" with it all.

I also like how he came up with the story that SW strangled the girls only after the interrogating officer suggested a scenario to that effect. He wasn't even smart enough to come up with that ridiculous idea on his own. Surely the agent saw him as someone open to suggestion and thought he'd try that angle to at least get enough of a confession from him to find the bodies. And it worked.
I gotta say, those investigators sure are smooth.
They can size up a suspect within the first 3 minutes of an interview. Remember the detective who interviewed Russell Williams?

I gotta say, those investigators sure are smooth.
They can size up a suspect within the first 3 minutes of an interview. Remember the detective who interviewed Russell Williams?
I loved it so much when he said

I think that sounds ridiculous
What's her name?
Sounds like horse sh_t to me.

I'd love to see his reactions.

Don't forget, he was raised by these people.
It's impossible to forget, they created the monster - but it might make them think back on recent interviews and how they have handled themselves throughout these events. I'm guesing they are as obsessed with how others view them as nice-guy-Chris, it might (might being the operative word) give them pause for thought regarding their behaviour and attitudes

NK also said in a police interview she doesn't believe she is his reason for why he killed his family because they only dated for 5 weeks. She said "it doesn't compute". Well, it might tell a different story if their emotional relationship was much longer than she's admitting.
Yes and wasn’t she quoted as telling her friend that “she wishes he wasn’t married and didn’t have children”. I’m sure words to that effect were communicated to him some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona