AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the perps desire was to just take jayme. I think the intent was to confront and be up close and personal and wanted the closs parents to be very aware of what was happening.

I am not sure on this. ... if shot through door is that personal ??

But one thing makes me think your right is in and out on 2 minutes.. had to at least know the family right ... that size house small but u wouldn’t assume 3 people... could be 7 living there easy... how do u not know 3 inside beforehand?? At minimum check .. 2 older brothers might have passed altogether..they knew... before they got to door

There are two sisters. There was a text at 8 and a call at 10 if I remember correctly.
Okay, I have a less close connection to my sibling. I wonder about texting/calling one another in the (late) evening, when they have seen each other personally just hours before. There must have been some quite urgent stuff to talk about, I would assume.

I have also said it is just like the Short case. Also, if any of you have ever read the Joseph E Duncan confession on the Fifth Nail, he describes how he just saw Shasta and her mother one day while driving. He watched the house and even did a trial run the night before to see if dog would bark . He then goes into detail about what his biggest threats were before breaking in. He is most worried about the father having a gun. If Jayme was the target from a stranger, I just feel like the perp kind of took the same things into account and that is why he shot James right away.

If u look at Jennifer short case vs Closs house very similar as far as 20 yards from highway .. some foliage blocking home.. doubt there’s a link in 2 cases but odd...

Think y’all likely right in perp knew families so home location just coincidence by interstate..

I feel if it had been completely random that the local police wouldn't have been so quick to be sure the public was not in danger. I believe that there was something telling the police it was personal, i'm just not sure what
They are searching for Jayme nationwide, but they aren't searching for a perp/perps nationwide .... Strange somehow.

Okay, I have a less close connection to my sibling. I wonder about texting/calling one another in the (late) evening, when they have seen each other personally just hours before. There must have been some quite urgent stuff to talk about, I would assume.
It was a month from thanksgiving, and perhaps only days or weeks away from another family get together for birthdays. In my experience with my sister and sister in law, we are very likely to text or have a conversation after a family function. Sometimes it’s a continuation of a conversation we had at the function, or often it’s to discuss when the next get together will be. For instance, after thanksgiving we were all texting that night to work out details on the next family function we began discussing at thanksgiving. We probably are more likely to have text and phone conversations after a get together, when I think about it. I don’t think it’s odd.

I wonder why JC would answer a door so late at night but not answer the door when their neighbors were bringing mail to them in the middle of the day. Did he know who was there, was he expecting them ?
Maybe he was sleeping because of shift work. Maybe they were having a romantic moment. Or maybe he was using the bathroom. There are hundreds of reasons I may not be able to answer the door in the afternoon.

I wonder why JC would answer a door so late at night but not answer the door when their neighbors were bringing mail to them in the middle of the day. Did he know who was there, was he expecting them ?

I have not answered and latter been ask why and I just didn't hear the knock. maybe more likely to hear a door being kicked in than to hear a neighbors soft knock?

So I was in the car a lot yesterday and spent the day researching houses / builders and layouts in the area. I came upon four homes that had front window layouts nearly identical to the Closs home. I also looked through any photos I could find of the actual inside of the Closs home (from the cabinet at the door to Facebook photos that show the kitchen) and the inside of those houses with identical front windows.

I think those that thought this was a modular or pre fabricated home are correct. Very popular in the area and most of them follow nearly the same layout.

Based on that information, window placement, etc. I came up with a proposed layout. (Attached) Please note; my scale isn't perfect and not all things are accounted for (ie; closets and furniture layout is a guess). My software isn't made to do structural layout (more interior design).

I know some people have questioned why layout matters. At this point anything would help and it was time I had to burn either way. I think it makes a difference in considering how long the perp was in the house and Jayme's location at the time. Possible entry / exit points. It also could give us some insight as to if there is one or two perps. Where James and Denise were, etc.

After making this floor plan I came up with the following theory of how things went down that night.

James is in the kitchen/dining area awake. Perp would have been able to easily determine his movement from the outside based on the large windows and patio. If they didn't see Denise in the kitchen / dining area ... they knew she was likely either in the master or the living room.

Storm the front door, startle James who comes toward the door. He's taken down right there. I marked where with flowers (sorry, my software has limited options that seem appropriate).

The perp could then push open that front door and with less than a step or two, catch Denise coming out of the bedroom or running from the living room to the bathroom to barricade herself. They would have a clear shot to take her down in the bathroom. Marked by the second set of flowers.

My only question now is when / how / what door was Jayme taken out of the house?

Oh and ...I just gasped as I was theorizing.
This also explains the split in the dining chair.
AND how a perp got in / out without walking back through any blood from James.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 2.39.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 2.39.30 PM.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I get the feeling that James went to the door to see who was there. For whatever reason, he never unlocked it. So either a stranger or an enemy.

That sounds right... if u look at frame door appears kicked in... so either kicked halfway in James holding perp back.... or perp shoots james through door then kicks in or some variation of...

Here is video of 12 g shotgun going through 5 wooden doors... I think y’all could be right on shotgun.. pattern appears shooting up door but it’s really just one shell spray pattern.. was there ever a photo of door ??

I thought about this.
There was a family party earlier in the day.
Many sisters gossip about such things. My mom and my aunt were always on the phone after family events tittering about who said what / wore what / gained or lost weight /etc.
Not important stuff at all.

So I was in the car a lot yesterday and spent the day researching houses / builders and layouts in the area. I came upon four homes that had front window layouts nearly identical to the Closs home. I also looked through any photos I could find of the actual inside of the Closs home (from the cabinet at the door to Facebook photos that show the kitchen) and the inside of those houses with identical front windows.

I think those that thought this was a modular or pre fabricated home are correct. Very popular in the area and most of them follow nearly the same layout.

Based on that information, window placement, etc. I came up with a proposed layout. (Attached) Please note; my scale isn't perfect and not all things are accounted for (ie; closets and furniture layout is a guess). My software isn't made to do structural layout (more interior design).

I know some people have questioned why layout matters. At this point anything would help and it was time I had to burn either way. I think it makes a difference in considering how long the perp was in the house and Jayme's location at the time. Possible entry / exit points. It also could give us some insight as to if there is one or two perps. Where James and Denise were, etc.

After making this floor plan I came up with the following theory of how things went down that night.

James is in the kitchen/dining area awake. Perp would have been able to easily determine his movement from the outside based on the large windows and patio. If they didn't see Denise in the kitchen / dining area ... they knew she was likely either in the master or the living room.

Storm the front door, startle James who comes toward the door. He's taken down right there. I marked where with flowers (sorry, my software has limited options that seem appropriate).

The perp could then push open that front door and with less than a step or two, catch Denise coming out of the bedroom or running from the living room to the bathroom to barricade herself. They would have a clear shot to take her down in the bathroom. Marked by the second set of flowers.

My only question now is when / how / what door was Jayme taken out of the house?

Oh and ...I just gasped as I was theorizing.
This also explains the split in the dining chair.

It's possible at one time he worked night shift so may have been sleeping during the day when the neighbors tried to bring mail to them? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80