Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF SO, I have not heard much on LE telling people to be on the look out, safety for kids, be vigilant. etc. No public concern IMO. Something tells me the request for video is to make a stronger case against someone they may already have in mind. IMO

They said quite a bit during today’s press conference.

I think he killed her first, probably dumped the body where it was found in the first few days. Then he's left with this car that's been seen and is all over the news. Needs to get rid of it and is maybe low on gas already. Can't go to a gas station for fear of being seen in the car. Drives it at night and leaves in a spot isolated enough to get out of there without being seen, possibly getting a ride to wherever he dwells. all jmo
Is it possible that he had another vehicle waiting in the spot where the stolen SUV was found? If that was the case, how would he have gotten to the trailer park? I'm just thinking as I type this.

“De la Rocha declined comment when asked if the suspected killer was still in the area.“

Snip

“Authorities had been targeting Wire Grass Road because of a number of tips that had come into the tipline, according to de la Rocha.

As for where the body was located, he noted, “It was not something that was obvious. Where she was, was not visible from the road.”“

Body found near Lumberton believed to be Hania Aguilar

Warning: gross

The people in the video who live on Wire Grass Rd related that they smelled decomposition about a week and a half ago which they thought was likely a dead deer. NC has had mild temperatures but has been very wet recently both before and since Hania was taken. So the decomposition rate should be moderate or average compared to dry, cold, hot, very humid, etc. Googling some results on human decomp. smell noticeable by people, it is actually very soon after death. In NC conditions, smell apparent in probably about 12 hours and getting worse.

I wonder if Hania was held somewhere for about 10 days, then killed and dumped there. I doubt the body was moved. The perpetrator may have been watching where LE searches were conducted, and that's why they chose the already searched area?

I think he had a partner in this crime. I think the partner dropped him off near the mobile home park, then drove their vehicle to wait in the dark on the woodline. This perpetrator#1 stole the car and Hania, met perpetrator#2 where the green car was left, and they took Hania from there in their vehicle. They kept her at their location until she died, about 10 days, then they dumped her body at the second location on Wire Grass, 10 days ago.

I think both perpetrators are local.

Hello. Longtime member. Haven't posted in a while...

There is something that's been bothering me about this.

Is it possible that social media may have played into this? Hania thinks she's been communicating with a boy around her age? But in reality, it's an older man, a predator, pretending to be younger in order to gain her trust. Enough that she would tell him where she lives, where she goes to school. Her morning routine? Maybe he wanted to meet her. And knowing that possibly this wouldn't be allowed, she thought of going out to start the car as a way of meeting him? And instead of a 15-year-old kid showing up, an adult male shows up and abducts her? Just throwing that out there. He could have even been communicating with her via a cell as he's walking towards the trailer park. (Burner phone).

All I can figure out is she was asked for footage from 11/5 between 6 and 12. Since she was abducted at 6:54am, I would think they are asking for the am. ( I could be well off on this). This makes me think this person went to that location first since the vehicle wasn't located until 11/8 just before 8am. IIRC.
That’s such a specific time frame, which makes me think they already have some footage during that time frame, but they are searching for additional footage?

They said quite a bit during today’s press conference.[/QUO
They said quite a bit during today’s press conference.

I just went back and listened again, still don't see a serious concern. BREAKING: Body found confirmed as 13-year-old missing girl, Hania Aguilar
The LE's video is on this link. I heard more about tips tips tips and also stay away from rumors etc. One comment about "remind public to be vigilant as they have always been. NO huge concern IMO. They seem to be looking for more tips and CCTV then concerning the public about the safety of children. Hinky meter. Just saying. IMO

Which tells me they have someone in mind anyway.

Last edited:
That’s such a specific time frame, which makes me think they already have some footage during that time frame, but they are searching for additional footage?

I agree. I think they saw or were told something by a local resident that led them to the location of her body, but they want more to determine *when* she was dumped there (or murdered there).

In my mind logically thinnking If i were trying to hide something and get away I would have dumped and drove as far as i possibly could away not back towards where i had came from. Thats just bold, brazen and way too comfortable..surely its a local?
Very true. Makes me think the monster is very local. He could even live on Quincey or Wiregrass. If he's brazen enuff to take her and the SUV in the first place...he could be brazen enough to live close to either the car dump site or the body dump site and even be watching all the LE action in real time from his home. MOO but a sickening thought.

Hello. Longtime member. Haven't posted in a while...

There is something that's been bothering me about this.

Is it possible that social media may have played into this? Hania thinks she's been communicating with a boy around her age? But in reality, it's an older man, a predator, pretending to be younger in order to gain her trust. Enough that she would tell him where she lives, where she goes to school. Her morning routine? Maybe he wanted to meet her. And knowing that possibly this wouldn't be allowed, she thought of going out to start the car as a way of meeting him? And instead of a 15-year-old kid showing up, an adult male shows up and abducts her? Just throwing that out there. He could have even been communicating with her via a cell as he's walking towards the trailer park. (Burner phone).
For some reason, that was my very first thought when I heard about this case. That she had been communicating with someone online prior. It just seemed too random otherwise. Unless it was her routine to start the car, and she had been watched. But I’m pretty sure this was not routine for her to start the car?

For some reason, that was my very first thought when I heard about this case. That she had been communicating with someone online prior. It just seemed too random otherwise. Unless it was her routine to start the car, and she had been watched. But I’m pretty sure this was not routine for her to start the car?

That's the other thing that bugs me. From what I understand, she asked the aunt if she could start the car. The aunt says "no". Hania grabs the keys and goes to start the car anyway. It just seems too coincidental that the one day she ignores her aunt, this guy shows up and abducts her. But if she was determined to meet someone, she might have disobeyed for that reason.

Interesting thoughts from all of you about ditching the car in one place and dumping Hania's body in another.

I agree, why ditch the car in one place and Hania in another. She was abducted around 7 am November 5. The SUV was found around 10 am November 8. Her body was located at 4:45 pm November 27.

I think the big question regarding the timeline right now is was Hania still alive when her murderer ditched the SUV. And following that is a small mountain of more questions, like:
Did he take her to a secluded place and hold her captive?
Did he murder her immediately?
Was the car the crime scene as someone asked upthread?
If not, where was she murdered?

Sigh, I know, I know; it's going to be a while before we have any answers. It does seem IMO that the man is familiar with the area based on the locations of the SUV and Hania's body. If that's true then maybe it will help LE narrow down the list of possible killers. MOO.

I'm also waiting to hear what condition her body was in when found. It seems a bit odd that LE needs dental records for confirmation. The autopsy should help pin down the time of death.

Anyway, I have no intelligent theories right now so thanks to all of you for laying out your thoughts and questions. Hopefully the Justice Train is on its way for Hania!

Timeline: What we know about the disappearance of Hania Aguilar

Oh, P.S. I had no idea that LE had video of the SUV driving away that morning. The threads are moving so fast I totally missed it.

That's the other thing that bugs me. From what I understand, she asked the aunt if she could start the car. The aunt says "no". Hania grabs the keys and goes to start the car anyway. It just seems too coincidental that the one day she ignores her aunt, this guy shows up and abducts her. But if she was determined to meet someone, she might have disobeyed for that reason.
I am not sure about that. That would be risky. She could have told him to be at the bus stop or where she got off the bus for school.

I agree about him being local, and I know the distance between her home and where she was found was not very far which makes me think He put her closer to his home ( walking distance) and took the car back closer to where he took her from so it wouldn't lead LE to his actual area. I'm trying to play it in my head the other way around, He took her further and then brought the vehicle back to where he was closer to home but that would really lead to being seen/noticed etc. I don't know. JMO

Dear Swanniee11,

Great insight! The F.B.I. has likely been using "geographic profiling".

Geographic Profiling :
"In relation to criminal activity, therefore, it follows that an offender has to know about a particular geographical area before he or she begins selecting crimes to commit; and where the offenders movement patterns intersect within this geographical area, will to a large extent determine where the crime takes place."

"Geographic profiling works on the premise that the location of a crime site can provide the police with vital information. It assesses and predicts the offender’s most likely place of residence, place of work, social venues and travel routes etc."

Geographic profiling is used by the F.B.I. It was developed using an algorithm:
How geographic profiling helps find serial criminals | WIRED UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members