GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

2:15??? That's a waste of court time. I hope that's a mistake!

Reactions: Hag
That doctor's comments make me feel nauseous.

How dare he say Rohde is kind and has empathy and does not externalise blame. Rohde ************** blamed Susan for her own death!!!! "Enormous remorse in the sense that he feels responsible for Mrs Rohde's death as a result of his extra-marital affair" WHHAAT?

This should say 'enormous remorse in the sense that he severely beat her and broke her ribs until her lungs bled and gave her the most frightening death and experience imaginable as he cut off her air supply and she choked up blood from her punctured lungs, and dragged her across the carpet to string her up like a pig in the market, and lied about her killing herself, and lied to her daughters and her family, and cheated on her, and lied to the marriage counsellor. Remind me how kind and empathetic and responsibility-taking that is Dr Stollof? That doctor disgusts me. It seems he is ignoring the conviction. I hope he gets a thorough hauling over the coals in cross-examination but I don't see LVN having it in him. Gerrie Nel would be good for this.

How dare he say Rohde is kind and has empathy and does not externalise blame. Rohde ************** blamed Susan for her own death!!!! "Enormous remorse in the sense that he feels responsible for Mrs Rohde's death as a result of his extra-marital affair" WHHAAT?

This should say 'enormous remorse in the sense that he severely beat her and broke her ribs until her lungs bled and gave her the most frightening death and experience imaginable as he cut off her air supply and she choked up blood from her punctured lungs, and dragged her across the carpet to string her up like a pig in the market, and lied about her killing herself, and lied to her daughters and her family, and cheated on her, and lied to the marriage counsellor. Remind me how kind and empathetic and responsibility-taking that is Dr Stollof? That doctor disgusts me. It seems he is ignoring the conviction. I hope he gets a thorough hauling over the coals in cross-examination but I don't see LVN having it in him. Gerrie Nel would be good for this.

This break is great.
It will give LVN time to come up with a good cross for Stollof.
LVN, being Mr Polite, all the way through has probably been an asset with the Judge, when we compare to VDS and their many battles.
Looking forward to next episode.

So well said Tortoise. I wondered who it was chatting to JR prior to court commencing. Comforting him with a pat on the shoulder as he left. What is it with all these witness statements, following conviction? Puzzling!

OK, Rohde's daughter aren't too happy, neither is his Mum.
Rohde should have thought of this, before he murdered his wife.
But that shouldn't affect the sentencing, I hope.
(Otherwise, criminals with families would expect a lighter sentence, than ones without families)
The Judge surely will state this, at the end.

I'm still livid, because it's people like him that undo the hard work of raising awareness of femicide by the doctor who testified yesterday. Don't we know it was the affair that killed Susan, not her husband.

(Otherwise, criminals with families would expect a lighter sentence, than ones without families)
She should take the view that he is damaging and confusing them further with his lies. They can't accept what happened and process the reality in an environment of deceit and denial.

How much longer do we wait, for them to return?
Can anyone estimate?

Thanks Hag.
It is really hot here, without an air conditioner, just a fan, and 10.15 pm.
I'll see if I can stay up, as this will probably go on, for a couple more hours.

Guessing where you are! Not sure if I’m allowed to do that. Certainly is hot for you at this time of night, I’d say. Remember, patience is a virtue! :rolleyes:

The Defence purposefully try to get a mistrial. There is no other course of action left. Their client has been convicted.
I wonder how he can fund an appeal if he needed Susan's estate monies to pay for his defence. Don't they always plead poverty (Pistorius, van Breda, Rohde) but then continue on with private representation for appeals to the SCA and even the Con Court. They all have senseless enabling families supporting them too. Let's see what Rohde's family has to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back