Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been any number of things that indicated murder had been committed, but not necessarily in the room. It could have happened in the car for example. They may have found CCTV footage of her leaving the hotel with him and him returning, and found a weapon with her blood on it - there are any of number of scenarios which I'm sure are less likely than her being killed in the room, but until we know for sure we shouldn't assume. There is still a big question of how he sauntered out of a hotel with a dead body.

Could have been a cadaver dog

Looks like he left the body in place for some time.

I have read this whole thread and some other cases, so I may be confused. Where was Grace's body found? TIA

But she obviously left somehow. All I'm saying is let's not make any assumptions. To my knowledge it hasn't been clearly stated that she died in the hotel. Unless I'm missing something which is quite possible.

We don't know that but imo it's less likely that she was alive when she got in the car and then was killed in the open or the car itself

JMO

So it's a 30-40 minute drive from the hotel to Scenic Drive, and the same back again. That totals 60-80 minutes. They want to know who witnessed the car between 6:30am and 9:30am Monday. Maybe those are his leaving and returning times, meaning he has about 1 hr 40 mins to 2 hours unaccounted for. Perhaps he drove around for a bit to find a spot.

I don't know how you'd even get an intact body of an average sized person into a suitcase. Maybe he used something else. A surfboard cover perhaps. They also have wheels.

She would have been very difficult to move. Maybe he borrowed a wheelchair or a hotel laundry cart or something. I don't think he would have taken a chance on dragging her in a sheet or carrying her over his shoulder but who knows, maybe, if he took her out of his room in the early hours of the morning.

A large sports type bag or soft side suitcase, with wheels at one end, handle at other. Very roomy and flexible.
Of course, that presupposes he had something like this available in his room at the hotel.

Monza DLX Double Decker Trolley Bag Navy

A large sports type bag or soft side suitcase, with wheels at one end, handle at other. Very roomy and flexible.
Of course, that presupposes he had something like this available in his room at the hotel.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072C8N...&pd_rd_r=199eac97-fd6a-11e8-8870-09a6f948fe93

Grace was nearly twice as tall as the size of that bag, would he really have been able to do that? Without getting too graphic if he had to go out and buy one that's not an easy job IMO

How 'creep', 26, accused of killing British backpacker Grace Millane, 22, was OBSESSED with women | Daily Mail Online

Family statements and Facebook posts both suggest the man was troubled, battling mental illness and isolated from his relatives. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Interesting article. I wonder whether his anxiety made him suspicious and he overreacted to something that happened or maybe his medication made him suffer psychotic episodes. I wouldn’t be surprised if his defence use such an argument. All speculation.

DM are taking the p*** now. Printing his picture after this:

New Zealand's justice minister Andrew Little has criticised some British media for publishing his identity.

"The international media, particularly the British media are not helping the Millane family," Mr Little said.

"We want to do justice for the family. Justice means the person accused is held to account.

"Things that happen overseas that undermine this are an unhelpful action for the family."

Grace Millane: Police search for shovel linked to murder of young British woman in New Zealand

Grace was nearly twice as tall as the size of that bag, would he really have been able to do that? Without getting too graphic if he had to go out and buy one that's not an easy job IMO

Thinking of Joanna Yates ( Vincent Tabak murderer ) he used a bicycle bag.

I have a suitcase like this - but larger size and more depth. I am a few inches shorter than GM but no smaller in size. I fit inside my case, knees bent.

Does rely on him having something like this in his room though. Otherwise, I think hotel trolley - or even wrapped in bed cover. Presume there is no cctv on the floors of the hotel ?

Thinking of Joanna Yates ( Vincent Tabak murderer ) he used a bicycle bag.

I have a suitcase like this - but larger size and more depth. I am a few inches shorter than GM but no smaller in size. I fit inside my case, knees bent.

Does rely on him having something like this in his room though. Otherwise, I think hotel trolley - or even wrapped in bed cover. Presume there is no cctv on the floors of the hotel ?
Glad I'm not the only one who does embarrassing experiments. :)

Glad I'm not the only one who does embarrassing experiments. :)

Wasn't it one of you two who got into a wheelie bin on the Corrie case? ;)

A key fact is the accused does not live at City Life. He lives on the same street.

So he probably just booked it for the night? If so it looks like it (whatever it is) was intended for the other girl, the one who postponed their Saturday date plans at the last minute. Grace unwittingly filled her shoes.

Sadly, bodies are frequently found in suitcases or duffle bags, for eg, last year a Japanese tourist to Vancouver was crammed into a suitcase and left in shrubbery downtown, undiscovered until the perp confessed. The key word is crammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz