CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Berreth's mother called police for a welfare check on November 25, but she wasn't there.

But the fiance saw her on the 25th. Why didn't Berreth's mother call the fiance? She hadn't talked to her since the 22nd that is only 3 days. Why call for a welfare check in 3 days from last contact? (i understand some families are in constant contact) Officially reported missing dec 2nd by her mother.

Also, Mom may have called the fiance. We don't know for sure.

Why call if it has only been 3 days? I think that many Moms, with daughters who live alone, out of state, keep in close contact with them. We worry about their safety, coming home alone , being home alone all night, etc etc.

My daughter knows to answer or reply in a timely fashion to my texts or calls. LOL Just a quick ' Hey Mom, getting ready for work' is all that's necessary.

But if Kelsey's Mom was calling and texting for 3 days, with no response, she would have valid reasons for concern. Kelsey would have responded within that first day, even if it was just a 'I'm fine, Mom, I'll call u tomorrow.'
If mine doesn't answer in ten minutes she knows I am randomly calling strangers who live nearby to go check on her....

I have wondered if she has a military background or not. While her friends list is private, you can find people connected to her by going through her likes, her family, etc. and there are several pilots and people in the military or former military including people in places like Okinawa and Guam.

If you go to the FAA Airman Inquiry page you can search by last name. So, it is possible to sleuth relatives who are also pilots and/or instructors. But remember that you can't share results of that sleuthing here.

FAA Registry - Airmen - AirmenInquiry - Name Search

Kelsey is listed there as a commercial pilot and a flight instructor:

Personal Information

KELSEY MARIE BERRETH

PO BOX 811
FLORISSANT CO 80816-0811
County: TELLER
Medical Information:
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 12/2016
BasicMed Course Date: None BasicMed CMEC Date: None
Certificates
COMMERCIAL PILOT

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR

Certificates Description

Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT
Date of Issue: 9/22/2015

Ratings:
COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Woodland Park residence bought 5/14/18.

Perhaps she moved to Woodland Park to be closer to work? How long has she worked at Doss?

What is the commute like from Woodland Park to Colorado Springs?

Last edited:
She did contact the fiance and he called her back.
Yes, Kelsey's mom called the fiance on Nov 25 and he called her back. Coincidentally, that is the same date that the fiance said he received a text from Kelsey and that her employer received a text from her phone stating she would not be at work that coming week.

I'd like to know the time of all those calls and texts on Nov 25. My hunch is that the call from Kelsey's mom to the fiance happened first...and then the texts. Just a hunch, not fact.

jmo

Perhaps she moved to Woodland Park to be closer to work? How long has she worked at Doss?

That's a somewhat recent house purchase.
I'm interested in what her finances were like and the timing of this house purchase.
Did she have the money to buy a house on her own?
Or was this going to be the house she and her fiance shared after they got married?
It seems unusual to buy a house on your own if you are planning to be married soon and not planning to live there after that. Unless money is no issue or you have other reasons like investment purposes...
She has lived in CO since 2016, where did she live prior to 5/14/18?

Yes, Kelsey's mom called the fiance on Nov 25 and he called her back. Coincidentally, that is the same date that the fiance said he received a text from Kelsey and that her employer received a text from her phone stating she would not be at work that coming week.

I'd like to know the time of all those calls and texts on Nov 25. My hunch is that the call from Kelsey's mom to the fiance happened first...and then the texts. Just a hunch, not fact.

jmo

Do police have the actual texts or do they only have the word of the fiance that she texted him and texted work on Nov 25th? Surely her employer can verify if they received a text, right?

Woodland Park (north of Colorado Springs) is about 70 miles from her employment in Pueblo. If KB works M-F in Pueblo, that's a lengthy commute for a young mother. Also, her Mum stated that KB moved to Colorado 2 years ago (re. press conf).

That's a somewhat recent house purchase.
I'm interested in what her finances were like and the timing of this house purchase.
Did she have the money to buy a house on her own?
Or was this going to be the house she and her fiance shared after they got married?
It seems unusual to buy a house on your own if you are planning to be married soon and not planning to live there after that. Unless money is no issue or you have other reasons like investment purposes...
She has lived in CO since 2016, where did she live prior to 5/14/18?
Florissant, CO would have been the previous address to Woodland Park. I haven't tracked down the physical address yet - all we have is the PO Box.

This was posted on the Missing Mother facebook page by the admin about an hour ago: "We are asking yet again, PLEASE STOP THE SPECULATION. Everything that is pertinent to assist in helping us find Kelsey is in the Press Conference video. All other information the family has the right to keep private. We will all be very ashamed of ourselves if we discover that some other reason, other than the conjectures being stated, turn out to be the cause of Kelsey's disappearance."

There must be a reason that law enforcement and the family is being so tight-lipped and deliberate about what they are and aren't releasing. I mean, it's not like they haven't thought of all the questions we are asking and need a bunch of random strangers suggesting the obvious. It is so confusing. I'm sure it will all come out eventually, but it's so perplexing.

What's weird is if the mom called her fiance and then suddenly kelsey's phone texts from Idaho to her work and her fiance to cover some tracks, why not text the mom too? Just to pacify her even with this story of being gone since her mother is the most likely to go to police first? Which she did. Why not throw in a text to her mom to try to buy time with her too if that was the point of those messages? Weird.

Do police have the actual texts or do they only have the word of the fiance that she texted him and texted work on Nov 25th? Surely her employer can verify if they received a text, right?

It would be interesting to see where her cell was when that text was sent. Was it in Idaho, supposedly?

jmo

JMO
I agree with your hunch and was thinking the same thing.

I replied on the previous thread, but it's closed now.

From my understanding of the press conference info, LE contacted the employer (so that must have been after Kelsey's mom contacted LE on Dec 2). The employer told LE about the text from Kelsey they received on Nov 25.

jmo

This was posted on the Missing Mother facebook page by the admin about an hour ago: "We are asking yet again, PLEASE STOP THE SPECULATION. Everything that is pertinent to assist in helping us find Kelsey is in the Press Conference video. All other information the family has the right to keep private. We will all be very ashamed of ourselves if we discover that some other reason, other than the conjectures being stated, turn out to be the cause of Kelsey's disappearance."

There must be a reason that law enforcement and the family is being so tight-lipped and deliberate about what they are and aren't releasing. I mean, it's not like they haven't thought of all the questions we are asking and need a bunch of random strangers suggesting the obvious. It is so confusing. I'm sure it will all come out eventually, but it's so perplexing.
But then what would be the point of this forum if it weren't to pick apart the narrative for holes?

What's weird is if the mom called her fiance and then suddenly kelsey's phone texts from Idaho to her work and her fiance to cover some tracks, why not text the mom too? Just to pacify her even with this story of being gone since her mother is the most likely to go to police first? Which she did. Why not throw in a text to her mom to try to buy time with her too if that was the point of those messages? Weird.

I wonder if that person was 'nervous' trying to fool the Mom. I know that I can tell my daughter's way of texting, her style of texting and wording, very well.

I wonder if someone was worried that they couldn't pull that off too easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa